The Life Warden tactical kind of sucks (Tank)

BelorfinSiana

It was 5 minutes I think on PTS initially and it was OP so it was nerfed to its current 10 before 6.0 even left PTS. There was a thread in the PTS subforums that it needed to reset at the beginning of rounds during Arena matches, just like other DCDs. I thought that was a reasonable request but it never gained any traction so I guess the devs still felt it was OP.

It probably should tick down if you log out though ... that's probably a bug. Force Barrier and other "onoes" DCDs do.

Edited by phalczen

• 4 weeks later...
I liked this when i was gearing up my first tank but I haven't used it at all since I learned how to play properly. Actually that's a lie I have occasionally stuck it on when I join a random group and the healer is bad and it's been of use then but generally it doesn't make up for a bad healer in the long haul. It's like all the generic tacticals with a square shaped picture, they're not really useful and life warden is probably the most useful of those. There's also the one tactical that will tick your crit chance up indefinitely but the crit chance is reset when you crit, I can't see any class or build ever finding that useful.

• 1 month later...
Well idk what you guys are on about but Life Warden is generally considered one of the best tank tacticals among the Nightmare raiding community. It heals you from 20%-80% in the matter of seconds, it's invaluable.

not really... it can have its use but its more like a last straw... all the tanks i know rarely use it...

• 4 months later...

I have it in the inventory for all my toons, but rarely use it.

I've found it useful for:

- Jindo Gray in MM (when people are not in voice calling the interrupts), plus some other MM FP bosses if the healer is weak or slow

- Taking Hissyphus or Greus as a dps in Dxun HM

- Those world boss farms during the Feast of Prosperity -event (I sometimes ended up into groups without healers :D )

• 5 months later...
Well idk what you guys are on about but Life Warden is generally considered one of the best tank tacticals among the Nightmare raiding community. It heals you from 20%-80% in the matter of seconds, it's invaluable.

What determines how much it will heal? cuz 20%-80% is just as ambiguous as "a large amount" like in the item discription

What determines how much it will heal? cuz 20%-80% is just as ambiguous as "a large amount" like in the item discription

So from what I've found. It does the following. It lasts 8 seconds, ticking every 0.5 seconds. Every tick heals you for 5% of your max health (while not causing threat). So that should be 16 ticks in total for 5% each. So that's 80% of your health over 8 seconds. Certainly a large amount :rak_03:.

Source: https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/the-life-warden#eff2

Edited by AdjeYo

• 1 month later...
Life Warden saves you once and then for the next 10 minutes, it's like not having a tactical on at all. It is a bad tactical and it is objectively inferior to Grit Teeth. If you have Grit Teeth, if you take the supporting utility, and if you're constantly taking a beating, Enraged Defence is off cooldown like every 30 seconds.

Life Warden saves you once and then for the next 10 minutes, it's like not having a tactical on at all. It is a bad tactical and it is objectively inferior to Grit Teeth. If you have Grit Teeth, if you take the supporting utility, and if you're constantly taking a beating, Enraged Defence is off cooldown like every 30 seconds.

If it saves you in a critical moment, it did its job, occasionally it'll be the difference between a kill and a wipe. Sure overall Grit Teeth is definitely the better option, but there's a few fights where you'll not get as much value out of it as other options.

For example, Brontes on nightmare mode. During the 6 fingers and burn phase (the most healing-intensive parts), you take damage in too large chunks, with too much time in between. Enraged Defense isn't a very good cooldown there, so reducing its cooldown by a little (because you don't take damage frequently enough to pop Grit Teeth near cooldown) is just not worth a lot at all. In that fight you're much better served with Jaw Breaker or Life Warden. (Hord's Makashi Strike looks good as well, but in burn you can't keep it up or you'll push the hand too soon).

Edited by AdjeYo
  • Like 1