PVP gear question

Mallakair

Ok, ok, it is probably on the forums somewhere, but have not been able to find it......so go easy on me.

Love PVP, but admittedly, don't think I am very good at it. I have read over and over that Vanguards are a weak class for PVP, but after having tried a couple of others, haven't found one I like anywhere near as much. I have tank spec'd, but have more of a tactics buld atm that I really like.

Soooo, question is this - Have the max Ranked Warzone Comms, and at level 55. What PVP gear/armor should I get?

I have found other threads for this, but they seem outdated. Up until now, just been upgrading as I have gone on with PVE drops, but would like to gear up appropriately to not be a liability in PVP.

Thanks in advance for any advice......

I am kind of in the same boat gear wise but I can tell you where I am and see if it helps.

I have full Partisan supercommando gear (tank) and play as a tank. I am working on my conqueror pieces now.

Just last night I broke close to 30 kills and 0 deaths. I can take alot of damage and get up on the leaderboards too. It helps to have a good healer on the team but even those last minute self heals can really make a difference. I had someone give me a list of enhancements to replace the ones in the highest gear ......Unfortunately now there is a new level of gear and I have no idea if those enhancements are relevant.

Pros:

I can take alot of damage.

I can get a decent amount of kills

with a healer I am extremely hard to kill

I can really help the team by running interference and maintain agro

Cons:

I wish I could do some more damage

if I get focused by multiple people and my defensive abilities are on cooldown i get cut down pretty fast.

I am in no way an expert on this and I am in a similar boat in terms of gear and such but I this is my experience and I hope it helps =)

also if you don't mind me adding.... Can someone tell me the best way to put out a little more damage?

Edited by rymasta

Ok, ok, it is probably on the forums somewhere, but have not been able to find it......so go easy on me.

Love PVP, but admittedly, don't think I am very good at it. I have read over and over that Vanguards are a weak class for PVP, but after having tried a couple of others, haven't found one I like anywhere near as much. I have tank spec'd, but have more of a tactics buld atm that I really like.

Soooo, question is this - Have the max Ranked Warzone Comms, and at level 55. What PVP gear/armor should I get?

I have found other threads for this, but they seem outdated. Up until now, just been upgrading as I have gone on with PVE drops, but would like to gear up appropriately to not be a liability in PVP.

Thanks in advance for any advice......

Check Koozies guide on Powertech.

Edited by Aetideus

I am kind of in the same boat gear wise but I can tell you where I am and see if it helps.

I have full Partisan supercommando gear (tank) and play as a tank. I am working on my conqueror pieces now.

Just last night I broke close to 30 kills and 0 deaths. I can take alot of damage and get up on the leaderboards too. It helps to have a good healer on the team but even those last minute self heals can really make a difference. I had someone give me a list of enhancements to replace the ones in the highest gear ......Unfortunately now there is a new level of gear and I have no idea if those enhancements are relevant.

Pros:

Cons:

if I get focused by multiple people and my defensive abilities are on cooldown i get cut down pretty fast.

I am in no way an expert on this and I am in a similar boat in terms of gear and such but I this is my experience and I hope it helps =)

also if you don't mind me adding.... Can someone tell me the best way to put out a little more damage?

There is gap between full tank and Tactics hybrid on the favor of damage. For decent damage, the tactics hybrid is not tanky enough for 8x8.

Maybe full ST tank with Aim augs.

Pros:

Cons:

Since you're tanking I'd suggest putting a bit more in Shield/Absorb rather than Defense. As for damage you could augment Aim as the previous poster said, but as a tank don't worry too much about damage your main function is to mitigate damage (I'm assuming you're going full tank since you went with full supercommando set).

Personally if I were to tank again (in PvP) on my vanguard I'd run 2 piece Combat Tech and 2 piece Supercommando set. Though if you just wanted kills in PvP ranking board you can just attack as many people as possible everytime you go into combat.

The main point of a tank in PvP however is to mitigate damage and disrupt healers (if you can). So your protection stats in the ranking board are really what you should be paying attention to. The other thing to note though tanks don't get appreciated much in PvP. I've won warzones where I've ended with 280k protection, and gotten 0 MVP votes. Warzones where I've broken 400k protection generally have always been losses for me.

Edited by unluckyperson