ERIC MUSCO, Main Stats going away??

Confucious

I heard today that all main stats "Willpower, cunning etc" is being removed from game in game update 4.0. That's a VERY dangerous move with the stat that separates each class. MMO's are all about having choices and gearing is a MAJOR part of that. You took choices from us when you removed the talent tree's and here came the discipline system (a MAJOR DUMB DOWN) killing diversity, including Hybrids...Y'all have done some shady stuff in the past and Ive thought about quitting many times due to those decisions but have hung in there so far. Ive been here since Launch (CE) BUT, if you take the "1 Stat" away from each Class that makes them different, then me and my money is going elsewhere. I already wont buy another EA game because all games with EA's name on it anymore is buggy, glitch's galore and EA doesn't care about Customer Service (in any game), only milking people for their money with the cartel market. 75% (being conservative) of the people I know was already planning on leaving before this was read on Dulfy that was announced at the last "cantina event" ... The people that have said this make up a large community in a few servers not to be confused with the total community...

So please, verify this for me or tell me it isn't gonna happen so i can either go ahead and cancel my Sub (and everyone else waiting to here the answer) or plan on waiting for 4.0 to most likely quit anyway after we see the story line....

Speaking of CE people, what have you done too thank us for buying the collectors edition? The stuff that was said to be unique too us can be purchased somewhere inn game or CM. The CE vendor has been ignored ecept for a few fugly dyes and a bleh statue. This vendor should have unique items added every so often and NICE items at that not the fugly stuff we have now. So wheres the respect there for your subs?

Also, the new species being Cathar and Togruta subs should get for free. Don't give me this you get free CC's every month to pay for them because the CM market wasn't even a thought at launch. Subs have paid you all an ASTRONOMICAL amount of money, wheres the appreciation?

Thanks!!

A response would b nice ERIC MUSCO!!!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be real, unless you are a total noob what choice are you making with your main stat. Hopefully secondary stats are still diverse to tweak, but if you're a sith warrior choosing to wear cunning, I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly this is of some concern for me because if BioWare expects me to go back and get all the datacrons on each toon.......I think I'd go nuts and probably quit the game lol. If that report on dulfy is accurate I hope they have something planned like legacy datacrons or only certain colors add to a specific class' mastery statistic.

Two observations.

1) This is a troll post.

2) On the 1% chance that it is sincere, it is hilarious that ~3 years later people are still whining about collector's edition crap. This, and people repeatedly posting about the contraband slot machine, SGR and changing one's advanced class, can all metaphorically go DIAF.

Main stats are actually pretty useless. They are called different things sure, but they all do the exact same things for every class provided you aren't a total idiot and using the corresponding main stat for your class. They differentiate nothing, because they're all the same. You might as well just be rid of them, it makes sense.

Two observations.

1) This is a troll post.

2) On the 1% chance that it is sincere, it is hilarious that ~3 years later people are still whining about collector's edition crap. This, and people repeatedly posting about the contraband slot machine, SGR and changing one's advanced class, can all metaphorically go DIAF.

The removal of Strength/Willpower/Aim/Cunning is confirmed. Check Dulfy. It's not datamined bull ****.

It's also stupid, but not for the reason the OP thinks. He's crying about homogeneity, when the stats are already functionally identical mechanically for the classes that use them. It's as homogenized as it's going to get. No, what's going to happen is that instead of 25% of your raid rolling on a piece of gear, 100% of your raid is going to roll on it - remember that all gear going forward has been Adaptive.

The stat they SHOULD have removed is accuracy. Healers don't need it at all. Tanks don't need it; they're given 110% for free. Only DPS are punished by needing twice the accuracy rating of every other stat combined.

Edited by Diviciacus

....I honestly don't even see how this would be an issue if they did it. literally all the stats do is make gearing more difficult. If it means more balance, easier gearing, (particularly for legacy-gearing alts) and whatnot, I'm all for that.

Examples of mechanical reasons to remove main stats: Gunslinger's Sharpshooter spec actually benefits from having several pieces of aim gear due to the fact cunning hits a soft cap, while aim hasn't yet, thus the fact all but literally 1 ability the spec uses is also effected by aim, makes it possible to achieve a higher dps by using gear meant for a different class - I can almost guarantee this wasn't intended.

Gearing companions - the ONLY class that you can effectively gear all of your comps with your old gear is trooper. this would remove this issue, thus allowing you to consistently keep your comp up-to-date without having to get a different class' gear.

There's a rather large % of F2P/new players that don't seem to understand the stat system. yes, they're idiots. but this would make it more "fool proof".

Reasons to keep it the way it is: Potentially less work for the devs. um... seriously, is there any actual reason? like, really.

and in regards to the CE, they aren't making any money off anything added to it, so why should they bother? it has/had some fairly good exclusive content. Honestly, the fact it got updated when strongholds were released amazes me. nearly any other game isn't going to give out more stuff for the CE than what you got originally.

And finally.... you literally answer your own complaint with the species thing. CM wasn't there when the game launched. thus the free CC was a added perk, so there's no reason not to make stuff like that "cost" something so long as it's available for the normal amount you get every month and they don't add more than one per month, which they haven't. Think of the free CC as their way of giving you new species/etc. added, while still getting stuff every month, rather than the new species taking away from the free CC. I mean, I make enough every month just off the monthly CC grants to get literally everything I want (new species, various legacy perks, unlocking "expensive" stuff in collections, etc.) and still have enough to get the occasional free pack.

So it's just that one Stat that differentiates the classes? Not the stories, skills, weapons, play styles, or companions?

This and...

Let's be real, unless you are a total noob what choice are you making with your main stat. Hopefully secondary stats are still diverse to tweak, but if you're a sith warrior choosing to wear cunning, I don't know what to tell you.

This.

Oh and Nnktk forgot to mention end game gear set bonuses.

As to the killing of hybrids through the discipline system, that was a good move. Hybrids are IMPOSSIBLE to balance for, so removing the possibility was and is the best option.

As to the CE, you paid extra money for cheesy crap, you get what you deserve.

The removal of Strength/Willpower/Aim/Cunning is confirmed. Check Dulfy. It's not datamined bull ****.

It's also stupid, but not for the reason the OP thinks. He's crying about homogeneity, when the stats are already functionally identical mechanically for the classes that use them. It's as homogenized as it's going to get. No, what's going to happen is that instead of 25% of your raid rolling on a piece of gear, 100% of your raid is going to roll on it - remember that all gear going forward has been Adaptive.

...since when do raids drop actual gear again? It hasn't been like that since... what, 1.4? We get tokens. not gear. FPs are going to be an issue, but you can run as many of those as you want every day, OPs aren't going to change, since they already only drop tokens. (as far as useful stuff goes. those random non-set drops generally aren't useful, except in rare cases that are generally in HM/NiM, which is progression territory, thus again, shouldn't be changing anything.)

Well so no more use datacron hunting?

Instead of legacy datacrons?

I don't think it is a wise decision at all.

And frankly sound a bit risky attempts cause lower level gear are all divided.

So removing all those stats to make one type of gear drop.

Sounds good for developers and programmers.

But sound bad in actually gear diversity, or people thinking they have to put some effort into gearing.

The stat they SHOULD have removed is accuracy. Healers don't need it at all. Tanks don't need it; they're given 110% for free. Only DPS are punished by needing twice the accuracy rating of every other stat combined.

Always hated the randomness of only getting to even roll when my stat dropped. Glad that's a thing of the past.

Rolling is going away from one statement a few months back. Lootbags are coming back.

Infact the more I think about it, while understanding the reasoning behind it.

To faciliate or motivate more people to participate on operations and flashpoints.

The more I think it will achieve the opposite, and people just do not even want to put effort in there gear.

Which is fine by me, but what is there to be Leet about?

When everything is simply delivered ready to go without variations.

And what use is the expanded crafting system?

Sound like we are getting two kinds of game suddenly.

One pre max level and one post max level.

So either way the amount of work seems staggering.

Edited by Drake_Hound

Well so no more use datacron hunting?

If the 4 main stats (strength, cunning, willpower, aim) are being combined into 1 stat ("Mastery"), then all our off-stat datacrons will become main-stat datacrons. Datacron hunting will be more lucrative than ever before.

Edited by Hebruixe

Personally am lazy so this change sounds good, no need to do datacrons.

No need to min max gear, just old gear shoves towards the companions.

Hurray even more time to do nothing.

Sadly you will also achieve what people call nothing special anymore.

So basically they don't feel proud of there min max toons, or have to put effort into gearing the toon.

Same as the datacrons, some people just want that little buff while most cannot be bothered to do them.

That is the issue I see, and when people cannot feel pride anymore in anything.

Then you lose another sense of psychological achievement.

Seperate those who are dedicated and just becoming one big general audience.

Well I can easily adapt for selfishe reasons, but it is also important to point out the factor that will be gone from this game. And could infact make guilds even less important, in gathering knowledge.

Well, if all the main stats are being combined, then all the offstat datacrons will become mainstat datacrons...and datacron hunting will be more lucrative than ever before.

Eh then it means hmmm no can't be, if all stats contribute equally to mainstat.

That means they have to rework a whole complete system.

Well till Muso or Bioware confirms it, I think it isn't as easy as that.

Why is there no link in the original post? It's obviously a troll post. The developers would never, absolutely never be so incredibly retarded to do that. Among other things the game would become Force Unleashed online. Meaning horrible awfulness beyond measure. It will stop being a RPG. Edited by Kaedusz

Eh then it means hmmm no can't be, if all stats contribute equally to mainstat.

That means they have to rework a whole complete system.

Well till Muso or Bioware confirms it, I think it isn't as easy as that.

They don't have to rework anything, as far as datacrons are concerned.

They don't have to rework anything, as far as datacrons are concerned.

No you are assuming, that means either 1 a giant nerf incoming, in stats.

To balance out all the additional damage and critical gains.

2 a rework cause certain classes have additional bonus from certain stats aside from there mainstats.

So if mainstats becomes capped in critical gain, they would go to the secondary stats.

It isn't as easy as you think it is, cause it would lead to even more minmaxing, which bigger difference then the current system

I smell a similar situation to when the pandas were introduced in wow.

I for one would quit if the original poster isn't trolling(there isn't a link). This is not what i signed up for.

Edited by Kaedusz