Please maintain maturity and civility in Warzones!

tatatan

Hi guys & gals,

as Subject says, please stay polite and if your teammates do mistakes due to being fresh 50 rank rookies in recruit gear, point out the mistake, or even better, lead and manage the team.

By leading i mean like directing ppl to defend etc, but screams like "F***ing NOOB what the f**k you do there" is not helping.

I'm full WH, 83 valor and in last warzone - after 2 guys started being rude, (after some rookies didnt call soon enough and we lost nod) i just merely pointed something like:

" Guys, why don't you play in rateds if these pug rookies make you such angry ..?"

and answer was like"

"**** NOOB"

I had to laugh, these guys are really hillarious, dont they? :D

Anyway my point is, these WH dressed sissies like to play *against* PUG rookies (probably ++ to their epeen stroking), but don't like to play *with* them.

So my message is, please be patient, if you start being rude, you're not helping, you only get in ignore lists (at least mine) and you got sticker on your virtual forehead 'sissypeen' :D

Hi guys & gals,

as Subject says, please stay polite and if your teammates do mistakes due to being fresh 50 rank rookies in recruit gear, point out the mistake, or even better, lead and manage the team.

By leading i mean like directing ppl to defend etc, but screams like "F***ing NOOB what the f**k you do there" is not helping.

I'm full WH, 83 valor and in last warzone - after 2 guys started being rude, (after some rookies didnt call soon enough and we lost nod) i just merely pointed something like:

" Guys, why don't you play in rateds if these pug rookies make you such angry ..?"

and answer was like"

"**** NOOB"

I had to laugh, these guys are really hillarious, dont they? :D

Anyway my point is, these WH dressed sissies like to play *against* PUG rookies (probably ++ to their epeen stroking), but don't like to play *with* them.

So my message is, please be patient, if you start being rude, you're not helping, you only get in ignore lists (at least mine) and you got sticker on your virtual forehead 'sissypeen' :D

I'm right there with you. I got singled out for the first time....well since ever the other day in a VS. I'm healing, minding my own business on West and I see the health bars quite clearly. I see the solo guard of east losing health so I decide to make the transition since West is clearing out with one or two opponents left. During said transition, I get into combat in the middle before making my way to East. By this time the guy who was defending it had died.

Once I engage I am slowed, I still start moving towards door to interrupt with my auto run on, as I'm trying to type out East. By this time, it is too late. Funny part to me is, the guy who was solo defended and died, never came back. He actually dropped down to West when I was typing out east....

So since i was the closest to the door I get full on blame. I suppose it was easier for this guild to start laying it thick since they assumed they were doing their role as a group. They were, i wouldn't say otherwise, but use your common sense. See the transition and move, everyone expects perfect call outs always and you shouldn't. Monitor the situation and be aware, and mistakes can be avoided. So yes, I'll take the blame for not calling out EAST as soon as the guy took damage....I'll take the blame for attempting to prevent the cap.....I'll even take the blame for being too competent :D

From this moment on, the team ran through us. The guild I was grouped with, some team I never even seen in a WZ before so i assume a merger of late, kept complaining about this and that about baddies and blah blah. I was even told my "talking privileges had been stripped". Honestly, clowns like this are everywhere online, I can't even take them seriously at this point.

Needless to say, my ignore list got a little bigger and we lost the game. Again, I'll take the blame for not doing someone elses job in calling out an inc I'm not even guarding but just AWARE of simply because I watch health bars as a healer. However, I won't tolerate stupid feedback from some random **** on the internet. I won't even go into what happened when we were on Attacking Team, just imagine playing the game with a 3 year old group while being hit in the back of the head.

RESPECT OTHERS!! I know....asking too much here :rolleyes:

Edited by Master_Nate

When it is bad enough to get people worked up in sub-50 PvP which is largely there for getting comms and XP, and an abstract version of practice; I have high doubts you will ever get the rude comments out of the level 50 "serious" pvp matches.

This is what I find most amusing. I have seen enough rage and QQ to last a lifetime in the LWZs and they are the place where winning matters least.

Some peeps are clowns. Some peeps are bad. There is just no avoiding it in LWZs or NWZs. If you don't want to hear someone b*tch or be rude, just add them to /ignore.

Actually I wouldn't recommend placing anyone on ignore if you plan of pugging for pvp. Yeah, sure, you'll still hear their crap but you won't see a call and then get called a lot worse for not responding to said call by the rest of your team. The last thing anyone wants to hear is "I didn't see the call because I had the guy on ignore". That or the guy solo defending a node who posts in chat "112341er523125q" :p

To the OP, sometimes it's best just to let the guy blow off steam rather than question his choice of words in the middle of the WZ. You could even take it a step further to diffuse the situation by taking some responsibility off the newbie and onto yourself, even if you had nothing to do with the mistake. Something like "sorry guys, I didn't peel fast enough to bail him out". Being valor rank 83 I imagine you have seen quite a bit of WZ's by now to not even need a call. By stating something like that not only will that newbie be grateful but you are also calling out the "ops chat hero" for needing a call himself without saying as much.

I would also like to admit that I stopped clicking and keyboard turning because of ops chat. I had no idea what keyboard turning was way back when, I thought it was something like "you are so bad you must be playing with your keyboard upside down" Only after googling the term did I immediately start moving with the mouse and got keybound. So even when someone is being less than pleasant, there is usually a good piece of advise hidden in the flame. Doesn't make it right, but try looking at it from the other d00d's perspective.

I'm one who can sense that I've become more cynical in the warzones as I've played them more and more. I usually just rant about how "stupid" or "worthless" the perpetrators are on vent and don't type anything, except for the special individuals who I really can't stand. That being said, I fully support what the OP has said and am working on divorcing myself from being angry at, really what? A game? Not worth it.

I think the lowering of the daily requirement by 1 win (2 participations) will actually help difuse some aggression. Part of it is just the thought that you're wasting time fighting in a losing warzone. The less time commitment that it takes to finish that daily can only help mitigate this all the more.

This can be a big problem. I sometimes see new people STATE they are new and some ****** replies when they ask for advice "Don't suck" to many LOLs. These are the same ******s who then ***** and moan the entire match because people "are terrible" and "it's the worst team I've seen in my life" etc etc.

Of course, taking charge of the team, giving specific directions and advise, helping out, trying to get them to improve, yeah those things are beyond these wannabes.

Add them to ignore, which should prevent you to cue up with them again.

Add them to ignore, which should prevent you to cue up with them again.

I so want this added into game....but I believe it only prevents you from joining OPs through the GF. I could be wrong though but I have been put on teams with people I have ignored in WZ so I know that it's still possible to be on their team in that situation.

Edited by Master_Nate

I so want this added into game....but I believe it only prevents you from joining OPs through the GF. I could be wrong though but I have been put on teams with people I have ignored in WZ so I know that it's still possible to be on their team in that situation.

It wouldn't work for PvP, people leave and join games often, and there are 16 in each warzone. You think if you have someone on ignore, you should be able to prevent them from joining?

It wouldn't work for PvP, people leave and join games often, and there are 16 in each warzone. You think if you have someone on ignore, you should be able to prevent them from joining?

Nah, I realize it's not something they could really implement. Would be nice to have them to que against rather than on my team but I'm not too concerned about it. I would never put myself above someone else in regards to not allowing someone to que because I have them on ignore. I apologize for coming off in that manner too as it was not my intent. This would easily be abused by everyone and I realize that.

If there was a matchmaking system(not this threads purpose I know) in place then at least an ignore could be taken into affect but shouldn't prevent someone from joining if there is no other available game. Since there is no matchmaking system in game, it was more of a "selfish me" idea/joke but I'm wasn't trying to be really serious...considering what you posted and I would never want that ability as a player nor do I want anyone to have that power.

Sorry for confusion.

Edited by Master_Nate

It would be nice...

Until some troll figured out that he could ignore damn near the entire fleet and block tons of people from WZ's. :D

It would be nice...

Until some troll figured out that he could ignore damn near the entire fleet and block tons of people from WZ's. :D

LOL, yeah....pretty much what I just posted right before you. What I wrote came out wrong because it was a comment on someone elses idea and I went off in la la land with it on my own escapade without first explaining what I really meant by it :o. Since the topic didn't really fit I just posted it without much explanation and thought. I'm an idiot but what I wrote wasn't EXACTLY the whole situation or explanation.

Regardless, bad idea is bad....my fault :D

/wave

Edited by Master_Nate

LOL, yeah....pretty much what I just posted right before you. What I wrote came out wrong because it was a comment on someone elses idea and I went off in la la land with it on my own escapade without first explaining what I really meant by it :o. Since the topic didn't really fit I just posted it without much explanation and thought. I'm an idiot but what I wrote wasn't EXACTLY the whole situation or explanation.

Regardless, bad idea is bad....my fault :D

/wave

Dude... I love the idea... I just wish there was some way to implement it.

I would gladly wait for longer queue times in order to prevent being teamed with certain players.

There is NO excuse for going the wrong way in huttball and standing on your goal line typing "Stupid game glitch, it isnt letting me score" while 50 million ops chats, are saying "Wrong way, go the other way" or being sapped in CV solo defending(Cant watch that Health Bar) but for some reason they cant type a sentence in 8 seconds and the node is lost.

1. Don't be an idiot, type 1st, in fact havemit pre-typed.

2. If you called out before the node was taken or u died then goodjob, you're the one who should tell ur team off if it gets lost.

3. Be polite

There is NO excuse for going the wrong way in huttball and standing on your goal line typing "Stupid game glitch, it isnt letting me score" while 50 million ops chats, are saying "Wrong way, go the other way" or being sapped in CV solo defending(Cant watch that Health Bar) but for some reason they cant type a sentence in 8 seconds and the node is lost.

1. Don't be an idiot, type 1st, in fact havemit pre-typed.

2. If you called out before the node was taken or u died then goodjob, you're the one who should tell ur team off if it gets lost.

3. Be polite

What if I couldn't type in chat because I was stunned?

WHAT THEN!?!?!! :mon_trap:

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I'm one who can sense that I've become more cynical in the warzones as I've played them more and more. I usually just rant about how "stupid" or "worthless" the perpetrators are on vent and don't type anything, except for the special individuals who I really can't stand. That being said, I fully support what the OP has said and am working on divorcing myself from being angry at, really what? A game? Not worth it.

I think the lowering of the daily requirement by 1 win (2 participations) will actually help difuse some aggression. Part of it is just the thought that you're wasting time fighting in a losing warzone. The less time commitment that it takes to finish that daily can only help mitigate this all the more.

yeah me to!

Ive definately got more jaded

But I still dont call specific people by name out unless they are being ignorant themselves first.

But lets be honest here, any one pointing out mistakes will be told to "F off" or "go play your imp" by those making the mistakes over and over and over because on the internet everyone a tough guy and a expert!

Happened last night to me. We were losing huttaball by 4-0 because the same marauder on the imp side was able to force leap from the pit to our endzone because the same 4 people lined up on lip to shoot their guns.

1st time I simply asked why people standing on lip? (no responce and clearly message didnt get through)

2nd time i said nothing

3rd time I asked again "why people standing on lip above pit to be force leaped to" to no responce

4th time I just sighed and said, "ahhh well, 1 more loss for daily to be done" and got the "if you dont like rep so much why dont you go play your imp" responce by one of the 4 continuously standing on the lip.

So lets not pretend pointing out the mistakes in a polite manner is going to make a difference as most times those making the mistakes simply dont care and dont want to hear you tell them how to do something properly.

Im all for maturity and civility.

I will NEVER spit on another player for example. Thats immature and frankly rather disgusting.

Ill never call out a person individually by name unless they have stepped over the line (talking behavior not wz ability) first

And as stupid as it sounds to many online I try to use my Please and Thank You's when ever possible

And I do make suggestions and statements to improve the team but my patience is not unlimited for people that ignore it to make the same mistake 3-4-5 times in a row in same warzone.

Fact is most players dont like being called out directly or indirectly

Other day I made a simple and common sense statement because my team wasnt attacking healers that Id marked.

I said "Guys they have 2 marked healers and are cross healing so unless you get on same healer target and pound him down fast first, no other target your attacking will matter or will die. Attack the healers in unison"

Pretty simple and straight forward and no one should take offence right?

The ONLY responce I got was "hey *name* hows the fort stim working for you?" like that was some helpful insite? Yeah I was useing a fort stim at time, I had 16k hps buffed, I needed it to move me into a more desired hp range until I was geared up and could switch to Aim/power stim. WTH did that responce have to do with team not attacking marked healers?

Answer: not a damn thing. The person (DPS class) saying it (who was in war hero gear and had 19k hps....and I still out DPS'd by almost double his amount at the end game tally) simply didnt want to hear he was being a moron and his war hero gear didnt immediately demand everyone follow him and his limited knowledge of PVP.

So being polite and mature and helpful is often met with open hostility from those that really do need the help in the first place!

Which brings us back to frustrated and annoyed and short tempered.

Nah, I realize it's not something they could really implement. Would be nice to have them to que against rather than on my team but I'm not too concerned about it. I would never put myself above someone else in regards to not allowing someone to que because I have them on ignore. I apologize for coming off in that manner too as it was not my intent. This would easily be abused by everyone and I realize that.

If there was a matchmaking system(not this threads purpose I know) in place then at least an ignore could be taken into affect but shouldn't prevent someone from joining if there is no other available game. Since there is no matchmaking system in game, it was more of a "selfish me" idea/joke but I'm wasn't trying to be really serious...considering what you posted and I would never want that ability as a player nor do I want anyone to have that power.

Sorry for confusion.

I've actually seen the same idea many times in game.