[HEROIC 4] The Shroud Revealed

I have had this quest for a long time now. To do it requires 4 people to activate the levers, but all 4 people MUST be on that same last step of a very long chain. At present it is virtually undoable unless you can spend hours spamming fleet for the few people that are also jammed up on that last step (there are a number of them, but getting 4 at once I've only managed once, and before we completed someone had to log....).

How about either making the levers sequential for this can be soloed by a geared player, or make it so that people not on the mission can help do it (ie they can activate the levers simply by being there, not necessarily on the mission).

I don't think that everyone doing it needs to be on the same last step. Those who just started or quit earlier just need to do the stuff up until the last step, with the help of the others. Or, if necessary, once you get a group, you can reset the Heroic and start over from the start.

You can get people to help in the last part who've completed the mission, or not even started it. I've finished up the chain on Imp and Rep sides, and I still help out other people who are at that point if I have the time.

Only a person on that specific part of the chain can press the buttons in the room that open up the doors for the three trap room buttons, but the others only need to know what they are doing.

One thing to note, there is a bug in the room where you have to kill the four spawns, in that if someone who is not on the mission kills them, it can (and often does) bug out and not register to open the door, and you will need to reset the instance.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had this quest for a long time now. To do it requires 4 people to activate the levers, but all 4 people MUST be on that same last step of a very long chain. At present it is virtually undoable unless you can spend hours spamming fleet for the few people that are also jammed up on that last step (there are a number of them, but getting 4 at once I've only managed once, and before we completed someone had to log....).

How about either making the levers sequential for this can be soloed by a geared player, or make it so that people not on the mission can help do it (ie they can activate the levers simply by being there, not necessarily on the mission).

BW doesn't for the same reason that they don't make OPs/a handful of FPs soloable. They're lazy and they're uninterested in changing specialized mechanics for single instances.

BW doesn't for the same reason that they don't make OPs/a handful of FPs soloable. They're lazy and they're uninterested in changing specialized mechanics for single instances.

Except that they have altered old missions to remove the group requirement. See the Aurora Cannon mission on Section X. Why this one wasn't fixed to be soloable like others I don't know, but I wish they would.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone done this lately? We tried it and the laser barrier wouldn‘t open after killing the turrets around the shielded area. Did we miss something?

You didn't miss anything, the quest is just horribly bugged. Last time I tried this, I had to reset twice before we made it all the way through. The first time was for the bug you describe above. The second time was because somehow one or more group members were suddenly out of phase with the rest of the group so couldn't experience status changes from the group member at the control panel.

• 1 month later...

If they could make this solo-able, that would be utterly freakin' fantastic!

That would be great too. Heck even HM and NiM. I don't mind grouping with others, but the game's population just isn't there. It'd be like Master Mode Chapters. Just nerf the bosses and remove some of the mechanics, etc, and I'll renew my subscription and keep it active indefinitely.

Except that they have altered old missions to remove the group requirement. See the Aurora Cannon mission on Section X. Why this one wasn't fixed to be soloable like others I don't know, but I wish they would.

That one is solo-able. Well, it was before Onslaught anyway. I haven't attempted it since.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

That one is solo-able. Well, it was before Onslaught anyway. I haven't attempted it since.

I know the Aurora Cannon missions on Section X are soloable, that's what I was saying. That mission used to require, at minimum, two people to operate the gates but the mechanics were changed to be soloable. It is still soloable after 6.0, but it is more difficult now and infinitely easier with a stealth character. What I meant by, "Why this one wasn't fixed to be soloable...," was I don't know why The Shroud’s Last Stand/The Shroud Revealed weren't fixed* to be soloable like the Aurora Cannon missions. The mechanics of The Shroud’s Last Stand/The Shroud Revealed, as well as The Alchemy of Evil/Uprooting the Last Seed (the final seeker droid mission) could be changed to make the mission solo friendly.

* In this case I am not using 'fix' in the sense of repairing something that is broken.

There should always be parts of the game that are meant to be done with a group. This content was really well done and fun to do, I wouldnt want devs to change it. Its just silly to hear you cannot find 3 other people who will do this with you. Seems you are not trying hard enough.

I know the Aurora Cannon missions on Section X are soloable, that's what I was saying. That mission used to require, at minimum, two people to operate the gates but the mechanics were changed to be soloable. It is still soloable after 6.0, but it is more difficult now and infinitely easier with a stealth character. What I meant by, "Why this one wasn't fixed to be soloable...," was I don't know why The Shroud’s Last Stand/The Shroud Revealed weren't fixed* to be soloable like the Aurora Cannon missions. The mechanics of The Shroud’s Last Stand/The Shroud Revealed, as well as The Alchemy of Evil/Uprooting the Last Seed (the final seeker droid mission) could be changed to make the mission solo friendly.

* In this case I am not using 'fix' in the sense of repairing something that is broken.

you actually needed all 4 for this, at the end, 3 had to use the guns to bring the shields down, and one to lob the grenade. Which proves that they can change the fp's to make them soloable, so they should change the shroud one too.

• 2 weeks later...
There should always be parts of the game that are meant to be done with a group. This content was really well done and fun to do, I wouldnt want devs to change it. Its just silly to hear you cannot find 3 other people who will do this with you. Seems you are not trying hard enough.

So says someone that got it done back when there were plenty of people doing it. Catering to that "dog in a manger" mentality is what costs the company paying clients, because everyone else won't long pay for being excluded from content by population dynamics having moved past content that they have yet to complete.

So says someone that got it done back when there were plenty of people doing it. Catering to that "dog in a manger" mentality is what costs the company paying clients, because everyone else won't long pay for being excluded from content by population dynamics having moved past content that they have yet to complete.

Not at all. I also had issues when i wanted to do these, I wasnt always collecting achievements. The fact what people need to realize is that you do not need 4 people that have the mission!!. All you need is to be at the last mission and ask 3 people to help. So you cannot tell me you are not a guild that has, at a specific time, 3 players who available that can spare 20 min of time to help you. I just dont believe that.

By the way, for me to get this done I have payed 20 mil to the other 3 ppl in the group, cause I couldnt find anyone for it. I have even helped a few people who were searching for people for this on fleet, so please, dont give me this nonsence.

By the way, for me to get this done I have payed 20 mil to the other 3 ppl in the group, cause I couldnt find anyone for it. I have even helped a few people who were searching for people for this on fleet, so please, dont give me this nonsence.

Thank you, the fact you had to pay 20 mill to people to get it done testifies that it is broken content. It doesn't take merely 20 minutes to complete - only if you have 4 people that are familiar with what needs to be done and are efficient about it. I've gotten a group one time to go in and do it, by the time we got part way thru, someone had to log after an hour and that was the end of it. I've never had 3 people wanting to go "help" do this mission even in guild, its a sure way to silence /gc to crickets.

Not at all. I also had issues when i wanted to do these, I wasnt always collecting achievements. The fact what people need to realize is that you do not need 4 people that have the mission!!. All you need is to be at the last mission and ask 3 people to help. So you cannot tell me you are not a guild that has, at a specific time, 3 players who available that can spare 20 min of time to help you. I just dont believe that.

The last time I did this you had to find 3 people that were actually doing the mission or it wouldn't let them help you. Now, it could have changed since then but that was my experience a few years back.

The last time I did this you had to find 3 people that were actually doing the mission or it wouldn't let them help you. Now, it could have changed since then but that was my experience a few years back.

As I said, I helped several people with this mission and my toons didnt have the missions at all. The group leader must be on missions and click the stuff in the first room, thats all, then the rest of the “clicking” is available to players without the mission.

Thank you, the fact you had to pay 20 mill to people to get it done testifies that it is broken content. It doesn't take merely 20 minutes to complete - only if you have 4 people that are familiar with what needs to be done and are efficient about it. I've gotten a group one time to go in and do it, by the time we got part way thru, someone had to log after an hour and that was the end of it. I've never had 3 people wanting to go "help" do this mission even in guild, its a sure way to silence /gc to crickets.

20 mil was a bit too much but i never had credit issuses and really wanted this done. 2 of the people didnt even want to get paid at end. This is an MMO, you are able to gather 4 ppl for FPS, 8-16 people for an ops. 24 for a world boss or event thing. If you cannot gather 3 other people then its not a game issue, but your social issue.

20 mil was a bit too much but i never had credit issuses and really wanted this done. 2 of the people didnt even want to get paid at end. This is an MMO, you are able to gather 4 ppl for FPS, 8-16 people for an ops. 24 for a world boss or event thing. If you cannot gather 3 other people then its not a game issue, but your social issue.

The fact that you had to pay people to do it is indicative of it being a content issue. Further, while not everyone has to be on the mission to enter it, the mission can become buggy for those who are not on it. I have been in instances where people run into invisible walls trying to get into areas, or where they can't see when the switches have been hit or are unable to intereact with them. One run I was in there were two people with the mission, myself one of them, and two who did not. We had to reset the mission three times because it kept bugging out for those that didn't have the mission. For one person, fortunately I was on a Sorc, they could not pass through any of the doors unless I pulled them through. This mission, and the end cap mission for the seeker droid series, should be made solo.

The fact that you had to pay people to do it is indicative of it being a content issue. Further, while not everyone has to be on the mission to enter it, the mission can become buggy for those who are not on it. I have been in instances where people run into invisible walls trying to get into areas, or where they can't see when the switches have been hit or are unable to intereact with them. One run I was in there were two people with the mission, myself one of them, and two who did not. We had to reset the mission three times because it kept bugging out for those that didn't have the mission. For one person, fortunately I was on a Sorc, they could not pass through any of the doors unless I pulled them through. This mission, and the end cap mission for the seeker droid series, should be made solo.

Like I said, I do not agree with this for reasons stated several times above. Bugs have been, are and will be in the game. I am sorry you had this experience, but I had quite a few runs where I helped people and didnt experience any difficulties.

Regarding the credits spent, its no requirement, it was just me wanting it real bad and wanting it out of the way. Its not necessarily a guide how to do it. I also paid to get operation achievements, so will you want to make that soloable too cause you have to pay to get it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So I'm relatively new to SWTOR, and have been playing solo because I'm not a very social person. I just love how the solo content and story shine in the game. I just finished playing through Makeb's story line, and I was going to look into doing the macro binocular and seeker droid quest chains, but if the end of the macro binocular quest chain still requires 4 people then I think I am going to just skip both quest chains altogether and move on to Oricon or the Shadow of Revan expansion. Edited by seoulpower

• 8 months later...

I peronally decided to do this questline today, for the first time since it launched. And I'm really starting to get annoyed at it. I mean, first up, the lever puzzle at the start is a lie. You can actually do it with just two people (you + 1). The rest however...

This honestly should just be converted so that people can play it alone if they want, or with just one other person. As I'm personally nervous about being social, in a game or real life, I already find it hard to even ask people for help. Not that anyone is willing most of the time, if at all.

As for guilds, I'm not a part of one. Nor do I intend to for quite a while. Since I'm actually recording every questline (important ones), so that one day when the game is gone I have something to look back at. So being in a guild isn't really worth it for me anyways. Hell, they've made almost every Flashpoint soloable, and the heroic in Section X (whatever it's called again). Why not just do it here as well, to save us all some time and frustration?

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, I tend to agree with above speakers. This quest chain must be soloable. When it was introduced it was understandably popular but plenty of time has passed. People have a lot of other things to do in the game and just aren't that interested in complicated buggy mechanics. Making both H4 macrobinoculars and seeker probe missions soloable is the way to go. Conceivably, they could be turned into FPs to keep group requirement but it would probably entail too much coding.

Yes, I tend to agree with above speakers. This quest chain must be soloable. When it was introduced it was understandably popular but plenty of time has passed. People have a lot of other things to do in the game and just aren't that interested in complicated buggy mechanics. Making both H4 macrobinoculars and seeker probe missions soloable is the way to go. Conceivably, they could be turned into FPs to keep group requirement but it would probably entail too much coding.

I disagree. While it is harder now to get a group together for it than it was, it's never been 'that' easy. Heroic4's are always harder to get a group for, and it's not as though this is the only Heroic4.

It just takes a little work to get a group together - that won't kill ya. 😍