Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Penetrating Blasts Bug

shyroman
06.07.2018 , 08:46 AM | #42
The second vid proves you donít know what youíre talking about (because Iím not going to watch a 9 min video for something I know doesnít exist). The only time where all 5 shots didnít go off was when you got interrupted, so the enemy died or you got stunned. The only time the fly text didnít appear for all 5 ticks was when you hit it into the boss when he dodges every attack and sometimes flytext doesnít always appear for that.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Equeliber
06.07.2018 , 11:47 AM | #43
I watched the PvE vid, yes, it indeed sometimes shoots 5 times and sometimes 4 times. But the damage is always registered for all 5 shots anyway.

Before I read your post, I have never even paid attention to this. And even now i don't think it's such a big deal, it's just an animation, and the bug isn't even huge, just an animation of one shot missing...
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Gyronamics
06.07.2018 , 04:18 PM | #44
Flytext glues together hits that are close enough.

Your combat log shows every single hit separately even hits which you think are single hits but are really cluster hits. It even shows dodges and missed hits.

If you ever get round to turning on combat logging all these things are visible.

Also give me a timestamp for an exact moment you think you see 4 hits.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

mrwayn
06.08.2018 , 03:26 AM | #45
As others have said, the actual damage-ticks work just fine, you always get 5 ticks, unless you actually clip PB befor it's finished. And if we're talking about visuals, I don't think missing a shot of PB is anywhere near the top of the list of bugged animations, that could/should be fixed.
Shooting with your gun on the back, while pretending to hold a gun, a constantly whirling lightsaber after you through your LS or the fact, that my merc needs to absolutly finish his unload/BB animation, even if the enemy dies after the first tick are just a few on the top of my head, that are way more irritating than firing 4 instead of 5 shots, IMO.
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

NeoNSoNicXJR
06.08.2018 , 05:57 PM | #46
thats not the point. the point is its bugged as u all clearly now see since i posted videos this issue is not present on gunslinger but it exists for sniper so its an imbalance that the developers should fix thank you for the feedback everybody but i now think a dev needs to respond to this so im gonna keep it bumped /bugged in 2 threads until a dev responds to it because this issue has gone on long enough.

AdjeYo
06.08.2018 , 06:48 PM | #47
You can't really call it an imbalance if it's a visual bug. You're still doing all the damage you should be doing, so there's absolutely no imbalance as a result from this.