Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Saboteur/Engineering Guide 3.0+

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Saboteur/Engineering Guide 3.0+

Caiuson's Avatar


Caiuson
10.26.2015 , 08:51 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
The guide will basically be the same. I'll just need to edit a couple of things.
I'm finally going to seriously play endgame stuff and I'm gonna be using my Engineering sniper, so I can't wait for the updates (I'm assuming their stats related as well as a couple other stuff). Thank you!

rmetcalf's Avatar


rmetcalf
11.01.2015 , 04:31 PM | #82
So I took a look at engineering spec yesterday and it seems ike i need a lot of abilities on my main bar as compared to the other specs. Am i wrong in thinking this? I didn't know what i needed to get off my bar for either pve or pvp to palce some of the spec specific abilities
Metzky (Sniper), Metzki (Sorc), Metzkyy (Operative)
Ivat (slinger), Ivaty (Scoundrel), Dankmeymey (Sentinel)

3.0 HM progression: 8/10

Camelpockets's Avatar


Camelpockets
11.02.2015 , 01:51 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by rmetcalf View Post
So I took a look at engineering spec yesterday and it seems ike i need a lot of abilities on my main bar as compared to the other specs. Am i wrong in thinking this? I didn't know what i needed to get off my bar for either pve or pvp to palce some of the spec specific abilities
Out of the three specs, yes, Engineering has the most abilities to use. If you take a look through the guide, I believe I've mentioned every useful PvE ability that should be used either for direct damage or as a utility (say Pulse Detonator/Cover Pulse for Nightmare Styrak). If you want to talk PvP, I'd recommend looking at Zoidrinali's videos (The Angry Sniper on Youtube).

As for updates on the spec itself, I still actually need to get gear on my Sniper/Gunslinger (most likely sniper) in order to do testing, so I won't have results for a little bit. I'm going to work on grinding out the SM stuff over the next couple weeks so I can relay this information to all the fellow cool kids. (Not having accuracy sucks, especially since you can miss explosive probes )
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

Camelpockets's Avatar


Camelpockets
11.11.2015 , 09:35 AM | #84
So I do not think I'll actually be able to get around to updating this guide like I thought I would. I've got too much stuff going on in real life that's preventing me from logging on enough to even gear any character into the SM stuff. I might be something I get into eventually, perhaps over winter break, but for now, don't expect any updates from me. Sorry to those who were anticipating an update to the guide sooner.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

Samuraiwillz's Avatar


Samuraiwillz
11.11.2015 , 05:29 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
So I do not think I'll actually be able to get around to updating this guide like I thought I would. I've got too much stuff going on in real life that's preventing me from logging on enough to even gear any character into the SM stuff. I might be something I get into eventually, perhaps over winter break, but for now, don't expect any updates from me. Sorry to those who were anticipating an update to the guide sooner.

that sucks was hoping to see what stats i should be running

Mr_Fuzzle's Avatar


Mr_Fuzzle
11.11.2015 , 05:47 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
So I do not think I'll actually be able to get around to updating this guide like I thought I would. I've got too much stuff going on in real life that's preventing me from logging on enough to even gear any character into the SM stuff. I might be something I get into eventually, perhaps over winter break, but for now, don't expect any updates from me. Sorry to those who were anticipating an update to the guide sooner.
That long con finally paying off for you? If so, you're welcome for that.
Borac'duk - Defense Guardian <Republic Gentlemen>
Boracarpe the Revanchist - Shield Tech Vanguard <Republic Gentlemen>
Boracrunch - TK Sage <Pyre>
Entire other swarm of Boras

Camelpockets's Avatar


Camelpockets
11.12.2015 , 09:11 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Fuzzle View Post
That long con finally paying off for you? If so, you're welcome for that.
<3 Bora
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

Camelpockets's Avatar


Camelpockets
11.12.2015 , 09:16 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Samuraiwillz View Post
that sucks was hoping to see what stats i should be running
For stats the best I'll redirect you to this link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112

Whether or not they are truely the most optimal, I'm not sure, but it would be a good place to start.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

LetoAtreidesII's Avatar


LetoAtreidesII
11.16.2015 , 05:10 PM | #89
So, I heard that while this is the highest parsing spec on the dummy out of all classes right now, this is the worst gunslinger spec in actual fights. Is this true?

Steefr's Avatar


Steefr
11.16.2015 , 07:00 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
So, I heard that while this is the highest parsing spec on the dummy out of all classes right now, this is the worst gunslinger spec in actual fights. Is this true?
Short answer: No

Sligthly longer answer: each spec has it's optimal bosses, engineering is viable/best for a lot of fights tho for others marksman or virulence will be best.
Tyrlen Red Eclipse
GM of No One Important Died