Pvp damage

Mirrormere

Hey.

I'm currently playing a level 65 Gunslinger. I mainly do pvp and have a question about damage. Other Gunslingers are hitting for 5 thousand dps while i'm hitting for only 1.5 thousand. All my gear is up to date and mods etc too. Is this just a question of skill or do these players maybe have better gear ?

Hey.

I'm currently playing a level 65 Gunslinger. I mainly do pvp and have a question about damage. Other Gunslingers are hitting for 5 thousand dps while i'm hitting for only 1.5 thousand. All my gear is up to date and mods etc too. Is this just a question of skill or do these players maybe have better gear ?

If you’re getting objectives and winning, who cares!

Let them dummy parse away xd

But in all seriousness, they are probably tryharding although 5k isn’t to hard to get.

If you want to play that way, take note of abilities that use aoe or dots and use on stacked groups, use ur big hitters to take out weak enemies and stay alive!!! Hump a healers leg or something, if u save their butt, they will likely remember and reward you with heals.

For more detailed advice, make friends with slingers u see putting up good numbers or watch some streamers who play the class.

If ur on Darth Malgus, poke me and I can share some tips even if I am a sniper noob hehe!

It is likely gear. You are mid pvp, the 5k dps snipers probably have previous expansion set bonus, artifact quality gear and possibly even augs. stack on that that most of their adversarys have no clue what a dcd is, or in trash gear/ no gear in slots (cuz mid pvp) or some even bought their first token ever and have no idea how to play. both these things can easily add up to 5k dps

also snipers in general are notorious for aoe number padding. drop your dots, engineer probe, and sniper volley !!MUH DEEPS!! (sniper volley? that not right, thats the MM 58 ability... sweeping fire? I forget... )

Edited by Seterade

Basically always do damage. I mean it sounds simple enough, but any movement you make ought to be for a reason, and limited to escaping or moving to a better place to continue dps.

Your AE damage is powerful, use it when enemies are bunched up! You will get big numbers if you keep constant dps on enemy targets as well as using your AE when enemies are in a big blob.

Go read guides on your spec/class, and make sure you are doing a proper rotation, too. Maybe you are not using your abilities properly.