big suprise

pointvector

We're adding this to known issues right now, but essentially:

The “Hide Head Slot” does not function properly when toggled in the options menu (Preferences > Social).

Workaround: The toggle works correctly when selected from the Customize Appearance button on the bottom right corner of the Character Window.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

The “Hide Head Slot” does not function properly when toggled in the options menu (Preferences > Social).

Workaround: The toggle works correctly when selected from the Customize Appearance button on the bottom right corner of the Character Window.

I never even used it in the preferences... forgot it was there!

A guild mate has informed me that even this appears to be broken. Once you enter a cutscene, the companion's helmet is shown on despite the setting from the character menu, and when you exit from the cutscene, it stays on despite the setting from the character window saying it should be off.

Wait you can toggle it from the preferences window?

Might be easier just to have it on the character sheet it its bugged.

A guild mate has informed me that even this appears to be broken. Once you enter a cutscene, the companion's helmet is shown on despite the setting from the character menu, and when you exit from the cutscene, it stays on despite the setting from the character window saying it should be off.
Yeah, that's happening to me, too.

Kaliyo's helmet magically reappears.

I'm just wondering why things like this never seem to break on the PTS after these patches, or is that they do, but there's not enough players on the PTS to notice?

BJ

The interaction problem with the two places to find hide head slot was reported on PTS, as was the known schematic and curator problems now being reported in customer service. And glz's reporting on the sli fps issue went on for ages.

The gtn problem does appear new on live, other than it being cleared out because PTS was down for so long it seemed to work.

So far, I've been able to hide the headslot on my companions (have to have them summoned and sometimes I have to toggle it first) but hiding the head slot is not removing the voice alterations as it should.

Ah, okay. I thought I had to exit my ship to hide their helmets because they weren't disappearing when I hid it while on board but that's not it, the helmets just won't disappear while on the ship. I hid helmets, got back on my ship, and everyone's helmets were visible. I added that bit of info to my bug report once I discovered it.

Edited by KurganNazzir

They didn't test to see how this worked with cutscenes in a game where cutscenes is a big deal? smh

As a partial workaround on that after the cutscenes jump on a vehicle and off again and the companion should take their helmet off. If indoors you can dismiss and recall but that takes a second longer.

So far, I've been able to hide the headslot on my companions (have to have them summoned and sometimes I have to toggle it first) but hiding the head slot is not removing the voice alterations as it should.

Ah, okay. I thought I had to exit my ship to hide their helmets because they weren't disappearing when I hid it while on board but that's not it, the helmets just won't disappear while on the ship. I hid helmets, got back on my ship, and everyone's helmets were visible. I added that bit of info to my bug report once I discovered it.

I feel silly quoting myself but I wanted to add a little more information. So I hid my companion's helmets but once back on the ship, the helmets reappeared, as I stated already. I logged out to character select and back in thinking this would 'resolve' the issue, but it didn't. I ran a space mission to see about this stuttering audio a couple of others mentioned (I didn't experience it) and when I came out of the mission, my companion's helmets were hidden but the voice alterations are still there.

Edited by KurganNazzir

We are aware of this and we are adding this to the known issues as well. Thank you, and apologies for any inconvenience.