I think......

BluPhenixz

I just came back to playing. I left in Feb/March time frame. I'm kinda surprised there has been no more story content. The story content is what drew me to this game to begin with. I think more is coming though. I gotta say a lot of bugs have been fixed though and I still like this game. I have one problem though. I think many can agree, and if you put this in the game, i'll be a happy sub for life.

I want to be a Jawa Sith Sorcerer. Please?????????????

*OOTINIE* LIGHTNING

Cathar:

Same animation rig proportions

Speak basic

Same facial expression rig

Compatible with same voice actors

Able to romance current playable species

Able to wear all helmets

Ridiculous? I think not.

I have this....thing....against furries. No offense. They just rub me the wrong way. Probably because most of the fans are all OH LOOK KITTY PERSON and are sickeningly overjoyed about it. With little hearts posted in the details like this <3.

Personally, though, I'm all for the Jawa idea. If for no other reason than so when I need my "do horrible things to squeaky little people" fix I don't have to fly out all the way to Tatooine or to Belsavis to make Blizz tank a rancor. Almost makes me miss the gnomes and goblins from WoW.

Edited by Malles

I have this....thing....against furries. No offense. They just rub me the wrong way. Probably because most of the fans are all OH LOOK KITTY PERSON and are sickeningly overjoyed about it. With little hearts posted in the details like this <3.

Personally, though, I'm all for the Jawa idea. If for no other reason than so when I need my "do horrible things to squeaky little people" fix I don't have to fly out all the way to Tatooine or to Belsavis to make Blizz tank a rancor. Almost makes me miss the gnomes and goblins from WoW.

Most definitely agree. I too hate furries and love playing (and also stomping) the small races... I just think that with the current devs and the way they organized the game, it'll never, ever happen. :( I can only hope that we at least get some more of the "alien" humanoids someday.

#1 choice--> :tran_grin:

Edited by Stenrik

Most definitely agree. I too hate furries and love playing (and also stomping) the small races... I just think that with the current devs and the way they organized the game, it'll never, ever happen. :( I can only hope that we at least get some more of the "alien" humanoids someday.

#1 choice--> :tran_grin:

Empire gets Trandoshans, Republic gets Wookiees, people can abuse the Legacy system if they want them for opposing factions. New planets to play through, new planet and class stories for Kashyyyk and Trandosha, happy players. What's so hard about this, devs? Give me my gun-wielding velociraptor already.

Empire gets Trandoshans, Republic gets Wookiees, people can abuse the Legacy system if they want them for opposing factions. New planets to play through, new planet and class stories for Kashyyyk and Trandosha, happy players. What's so hard about this, devs? Give me my gun-wielding velociraptor already.

They wouldn't ever do wookies. Different animation rig, wouldn't fit gear, wouldn't work with current voice actors.

I think Transoshans are actually stretching it because of the voice/language thing, unless the devs maybe ran the existing voices through a modulator. I'd rather both sides get 'em too, because if the empire can get Cathar (which is pretty silly when you look at the lore) then I guess almost any race should just release for both sides.

EDIT: Actually, maybe, they could get wookies to work if they treat 'em like Death Knights in WoW, like, you START at level 50 on your starter planet, and require like lvl 30 legacy to be able to play one. Still though, with the dev team the small size it is, I doubt they'd use the resources for all new animations, etc...

Edited by Stenrik

They wouldn't ever do wookies. Different animation rig, wouldn't fit gear, wouldn't work with current voice actors.

I think Transoshans are actually stretching it because of the voice/language thing, unless the devs maybe ran the existing voices through a modulator. I'd rather both sides get 'em too, because if the empire can get Cathar (which is pretty silly when you look at the lore) then I guess almost any race should just release for both sides.

EDIT: Actually, maybe, they could get wookies to work if they treat 'em like Death Knights in WoW, like, you START at level 50 on your starter planet, and require like lvl 30 legacy to be able to play one. Still though, with the dev team the small size it is, I doubt they'd use the resources for all new animations, etc...

What's the problem? Give them the same body types, fix the bugs for gear, make them like Twi'leks and remove the helmets and hoods if problems persist. And how many voice actors do you need to make a Wookiee say OOOORRAAAAWR?

Same with Trandoshans. We can make Trandoshan and Wookiee NPCs, give them subtitles, then tell the playerbase it can't happen because of facial experessions? Shenanigans, I say.

What's the problem? Give them the same body types, fix the bugs for gear, make them like Twi'leks and remove the helmets and hoods if problems persist. And how many voice actors do you need to make a Wookiee say OOOORRAAAAWR?

Same with Trandoshans. We can make Trandoshan and Wookiee NPCs, give them subtitles, then tell the playerbase it can't happen because of facial experessions? Shenanigans, I say.

I don't think people would buy them taking human bodies, making them hairy with Wookiee heads, and calling them Wookiees. Their signature body types are just too different to pull it off without a TON of complaints. It would be uncanny and weird to have short, broad-shouldered Wookiees running around, and I think trying to pull off a female wookiee with the existing female body types would be even weirder.

So let's pretend they DID release wookiees at their correct size:

--Speeders would have to be resized or restructured. (Non-human companions are the reason why they scrapped having your companion in your speeder at the start.)

--Cameras would be off in cutscenes. The (cutscene shots are composed with the 4 body types in mind, so a lot of restructuring would probably have to happen).

--MANY more animation combinations (I remember reading about how each melee move varies by which body type is fighting which, which multiplies each of those ability variations significantly when you add in a new one.)

--Major gear reworking (don't think I have to mention this one). Actually, one workaround for the gear thing would be to allow players to just not wear gear and purchase customizations instead (like the ones for Bowdaar). But being able to change your character's look one gear piece at a time is a major hook in MMO's and going around with the same "kits" as others would probably make a lot of people lose enthusiasm.

Regarding voice, there would have to be a TON of variations of their speech or people playing one would notice all the repeats, and those repeats wouldn't be corresponding to the right meaning.

Also, we'd have to break lore with the whole language thing. Should we assume all NPC's know Shyriiwook? Do they all have translators? Sure, we already know lore isn't sacred in this game with legacy and such, but still, it's a big stretch.

While it wouldn't be "physically impossible" to introduce this species, I find it very, VERY unlikely... :(

Edited by Stenrik

and people would probably act the same way with the adorable little jawas. i've seen people squee harder over Blizz than over Cathars. i don't think Cathars are adorable at all, but that doesn't mean i don't plan on rolling one. pretty excited actually.