Changes i'd like to see

Kane_Ren

This is my own viewpoint and reflects my experience with different ship classes. These are in no particular order

1 small damage nerf to railguns on GS, except ion, they work just right

2 somewhat larger nerf to missile drones - lock on times and gun accuracy.

3 big nerf to drone railgun accuracy, feels like they never miss.

4 small buff to fighter shields - still feel a little weak against scouts. Its hard to gauge with the amount of heavy hitters out there, but still feel fragile against scouts

5 small buff to seeker and concussion mine damage

6 more maps please

7 on the start screen, hide all the players ship icons. Just display the ship name and type that they have selected. I find the team list affects how people play, there would be fewer quitters and people would fly to their best.

This is my own viewpoint and reflects my experience with different ship classes. These are in no particular order

1 small damage nerf to railguns on GS, except ion, they work just right

I think slug needs a small nerf. Plasma is fine. Ion's damage could actually go UP- ion already strips shields but doesn't have enough left to do much to the hull, so you end up with a shot that's less effective against a fully shielded ship than a raw damage one. I think that the energy drain shouldn't be 28, lower would be better, and that the 6 second no recharge could maybe be like 4.

2 somewhat larger nerf to missile drones - lock on times and gun accuracy.

We have a pending fix to those.

3 big nerf to drone railgun accuracy, feels like they never miss.

Why would they miss? None of the drones miss. The railgun drone is about 100 dps. Your first burst will be 600. I mean, it's ok if that doesn't miss- it's a big cooldown on the ship, go kill the drone!

4 small buff to fighter shields - still feel a little weak against scouts. Its hard to gauge with the amount of heavy hitters out there, but still feel fragile against scouts

I think strikes are in a MUCH better place than prepatch, but I wouldn't be sad to see their shields go up some. I sort of think that the missiles and torps could all lose about 10% of their lockon times too, with the exception of cluster (I'd add cluster to the list too if it loses the double volley second volley auto-hit).

5 small buff to seeker and concussion mine damage

I think I'd take a bigger range on seeker mines, or something. I dunno what seeker mines need, but they are awful.

Concussion mines are... probably ok. Interdiction is more favored, and concussion could be stronger by a bit, but it still sorta fields like a build choice driven by synergy with the seismic mine, not a core issue with the other mines being weak.

Ion mine? That needs to hit harder.

6 more maps please

Everyone wants more maps. I'm sure the devs are working on them too.

7 on the start screen, hide all the players ship icons. Just display the ship name and type that they have selected. I find the team list affects how people play, there would be fewer quitters and people would fly to their best.

Disagree. Why make me wait until I fly out to decide to quit? It's also a big deal because if I get scrubs on the other team I can fly a req ship instead of a mastered ship.

I want everyone to stop being so selfish and always playing the strikes and scouts. I have so many games I have to gunship or bomber because everyone else is fighter and barbarian and I have to be cleric or wizard. It's clearly meant for a balance of ships, and I just NEVER see that.

This is literally the exact opposite of everyone else's gripes with GSF. 1. Ion rails by no means need a buff to damage. They function exactly, if not too efficiently, as planned. They absolutely shred shields as well as debuff engines to the point of crippling. They are meant as an opener not as a kill shot. 2. Selfish players not using bombers or gunships?? I would like to know what server you're queuing on because a majority of players would say otherwise. Usually it's an over abundance of these two ships that turn a match into a one dimensional fun sponge. I am one of those job are in the minority in terms of ship balance, as I see no clear reason to overhaul any ship one way or another. Maps, and game modes will come, be patient hear things take time to be developed and tested for equal playing grounds per faction. I can see your point with drones and mines, however I do think their issues lie solely on the fact that they are new mechanics to the game. Offensively speaking, just several hundred meters for a strategically placed mine is the difference between one that factors into your dps leaderboard and one that gets blown out of the sky. As for drone accuracy, the best way to avoid them is to destroy them. They have long CDs so take them out and obliterate their sender.

Why would they miss? None of the drones miss. The railgun drone is about 100 dps. Your first burst will be 600. I mean, it's ok if that doesn't miss- it's a big cooldown on the ship, go kill the drone!

Railguns are the only drones that have shield piercing, outside missile sentries (which are also getting a fix so that their damage can be avoided). It's ******** to die mid-barrel roll while trying to leave the engagement and find a repair drone because a flawless AI decided to target me.