<BOSS> vs synergy, don't panic, mvp, and others

MrJoo

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, why do people keep saying power/surge? It's like saying strength/endurance/power/surge. The surge part is redundant, since you don't have a choice but to get a lot of it (unless you want to needlessly increase your accuracy above 95%). The only actual question is how much crit you get, if any. Edited by JediMasterSLC

As far as your question: what exactly do you mean? You can't really make a comparison here. I suppose shield rating would be crit rating, and surge would be absorption, but what would power be? Yeah sorry, the math is completely different, and I suspect even more complex.

How is it different? The relationships are the same. You give bonus damage more importance than it deserves, you aren't sacrificing too much in favor of more critical attacks.

Also, why do people keep saying power/surge? It's like saying strength/endurance/power/surge. The surge part is redundant, since you don't have a choice but to get a lot of it (unless you want to needlessly increase your accuracy above 95%). The only actual question is how much crit you get, if any.

Because surge without crit is useless. The base crit chance isn't enough to justify a huge investment in surge, as you rarely crit.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Sure, but you don't have to be good at pushing buttons on a keyboard to push buttons on a calculator, metaphorically speaking :p Good thing I'm good at both.

I didn't even know math was necessary, thought this was common sense.

How is it different? The relationships are the same. You give bonus damage more importance than it deserves, you aren't sacrificing too much in favor of more critical attacks.

No, I just explained why.... Here, we are comparing power's benefits to crit rating's benefits. With tanking stats, the comparison is different, because while power also factors into how much damage your crits do (making power, crit chance, and surge intertwined), defense chance does not factor into much your shields absorb. The 3 tanking stats are still intertwined to some degree, since the more defense rating you have, the less you will end up having to shield, but trying to compare crit chance to shield chance is silly.

As far as giving bonus damage more importance than it deserves, and that sacrificing some of it is worth it to make you crit more often: please tell me how you can assert that without citing any numbers. Like honestly, you're just going based off of what you superficially perceive to be true.

Because surge without crit is useless. The base crit chance isn't enough to justify a huge investment in surge, as you rarely crit.

Without crit chance, not crit rating.

Again, a statement like that requires math to back it up. 35% dot crit chance in anni (without talent in 1st tier rage talent), with autocrit zen ticks, isn't enough to justify getting surge, but if you get a couple extra % points with crit chance, NOW it's justified? Please. Also, refer to what I said earlier about having no choice but to get surge, since your two alternatives for your tertiary stat are 1) completely useless or 2) useless after getting a couple pieces, leaving the rest to surge.

Also, even if a lower crit chance made surge useless, who cares? The goal is to maximize your damage, not make surge useful. Hypothetically, if crit rating was the only way to get crit chance, and if it only gave you 1% per 500 points, then you would just want to stack accuracy and not get surge. Why do you have a fetish with surge being more useful?

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Would you rather:

Hit for 100 dmg every hit and crit for 175 once every 6 hits

Or

Hit for 70 dmg every hit and crit for 122 once every 4 hits?

You argue that surge is nothing without crit chance. I argue that surge is also nothing without damage. Given that your surge is a constant and the issue is crit vs power - power mathematically gives you better returns than crit.

Edited by Roastmouse

Would you rather:

Hit for 100 dmg every hit and crit for 175 once every 6 hits

Or

Hit for 70 dmg every hit and crit for 122 once every 4 hits?

You argue that surge is nothing without crit chance. I argue that surge is also nothing without damage. Given that your surge is a constant and the issue is crit vs power - power mathematically gives you better returns than crit.

An extreme example (crit isn't THAT bad now), but it gets the point across well.

yeah I was there koozie did beat him and yea mara can beat pt. I duled koozie that night he won a majority of them but I did get like 2 wins with ani. koozie can attest

Lol this guy.

You're even worse than I thought if you think a marauder can't beat a PT. Maybe you should try something outside of, idk, smash spec for once?

why don't you ever mention what your other job is? is it because its working for a convenience store?

I made a ton of money at that job, my rent is incredibly low because I know my landlord and live with 2 room mates. I'm financially smart for a 20 year old, I saved a ton of money while I still lived at my parents house, I also work 15-20 hours a week at my other job now that I have more free time. The only thing my parents do for me is feed me when I'm at that job because it's so close to where they live. They have no money to give me, they can barely pay their own bills, although me moving out has definitely helped them a lot. I almost sound like I'm bragging but I'm just trying to make you understand how pathetic all these assumptions you're making about me are.

Do you remember why you started hating me? My friend Averryy was in a warzone and you were pissing her off with your foul mouth, I whispered you telling you that she is a casual stay-at-home mom who is just pvping for some fun, and that your insults made her angry and that you should leave her alone because she's as good as everyone in your regs-only noob guild.

I'm never, ever replying to you again headshot, you're more pathetic than politeassassin because of how much time you spend on the forums reading my posts and making crazy assumptions about me. I don't need your concerns about my well being, my rent is payed and there is food on my table. Good bye forever, have fun replying with more ******** about someone you know nothing about.

yeah I was there koozie did beat him and yea mara can beat pt. I duled koozie that night he won a majority of them but I did get like 2 wins with ani. koozie can attest

Every class can beat every cclass.i had some duels the other day and won them and then on the 6th one lost. I watched the playback and the carnage mara did 8.5 8.5 8.5 k all in 6 seconds or something stupid. Just a matter of luck and skill in the end. More skill and less luck than poker but more luck and less skill than say tennis or weightlifting.

Edited by Kooziejr

• 1 month later...

I didnt know more than 10000 ppl visited this thread and has 28 pages of comments. I only posted this to show our progression as a hardcore pvp guild.

We are continuing to revive this server's 4v4 solo/team ranked.

We want to support guilds that are trying to start 4v4 ranked team by creating an even match up so that the beginners team do not always lose and be discouraged.

Lastly,

I want to use this chance to do a subtle recruitment advertisement.

<BOSS> is recruiting geared players for PvP

Expect some form of a trial.

Mail Joov, Jooling, Joobo

Thank you!

Edited by MrJoo