Security Key Query

TheGhostOfSlade

Not actually a new player but couldn't think of anywhere better to put this:

My ISP is one of those annoying companies that changes your IP address every time you connect and charges extra for the privilege of a fixed IP. So I finally cracked a couple of days ago (I think Sunday or Monday), sick of one-time password emails, and downloaded the security key app. Here I am, on Thursday, and I can't access the security key vendor on the fleet, it's telling me my account has to be authorised.

Did I miss a step? Does the vendor only work for owners of the now-defunct physical keys?

I got what I wanted, which was easier login, so I'm not super-fussed, and I don't want to go to customer services until I know it's not a mistake at my end (I got that rare can't-access-holoterminal bug twice in the past week with my Agent, so I've been contacting them enough as it is!)

As long as you can login with the Security Key app, then the key is on your account and it should allow you to access the Security Key vendor.

I suppose it might take until the server reset after your key was registered for the system to catch up, but it should be much quicker than that. My suggestion would be to give the under-worked customer service team on your server something else to do, by writing a ticket for them... they love to hear from you so they will definitely appreciate the chance to help ;)

My ISP is one of those annoying companies that changes your IP address every time you connect and charges extra for the privilege of a fixed IP.

I thought they all did that these days. Gone are the days of Demon Internet dial-up service, where you had a fixed IP address assigned to you that was assigned to you whether or not you were dialled in.

Also, gone are the days of wanting to be connected only part of the time. My ADSL is connected 24/7, and I sometimes find myself awake at 2 am browsing something on my iPad (WiFi=>ADSL=>Internet).