Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Leveling up a character doing only class quest

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Leveling up a character doing only class quest

FinalSai
07.04.2016 , 07:15 PM | #1
if I do class quest only will this be enough to get level 50+?

Ahrngrim
07.04.2016 , 09:26 PM | #2
If you do only Class quest and use all available XP boost options you may be good.

If not make a few H2s or a Planetary Mission they are marked the same as Class Quest.
My referall link: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQgzk7
Find Help at EA ANSWERS HQ English
Finde Hilfe unter EA Answer HQ Deutsch

Erevan_Kindelar
07.05.2016 , 12:01 AM | #3
The way the game is set up, if you do all of the quests that are marked with purple quest markers (your class quests and core Planetary storylines, plus 2 or 3 of the flashpoints on the way) then you will be at the recommended level for the game content as you come to it.
So only doing your class quests would not be enough to keep you at the correct level to get you to level 50 by the time you finish your class story.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

PazuzusFate
07.05.2016 , 01:16 AM | #4
Follow-up question: Planet Story archs are the same for all classes, are they? Thanks!

Live long and prosper!

LordTurin
07.05.2016 , 01:38 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PazuzusFate View Post
Follow-up question: Planet Story archs are the same for all classes, are they? Thanks!
Different for imp vs pub, but otherwise yes.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Tsetso
07.05.2016 , 03:47 AM | #7
Only class story quest won't be enough. I tried it and somewhere around Quesh mobs were ~5 level above me so I had to do some FPs and heroics. At the moment i thing the fastest way to level is through pvp only.

xThunderstorm
07.05.2016 , 01:39 PM | #8
Class quests alone won't be enough. I tried it once (with constant 25% exp boost up and legacy perks), you'll have to do some Heroics/FP's/PvP. I am curious if it'll work once that Victorious Pioneer's Armor Set is out, maybe then you can only do class quests, although I do not think it is possible, even with the armor.
Click this link if you like free stuff
http://www.swtor.com/r/fmpbkB

Tanga_Yal
07.05.2016 , 02:15 PM | #9
Just get off the starter planet to the fleet. Use an XP boost to do the first Flashpoint and you'll make a good 2 to 3 levels per run. You should be able to do at least 2 runs before the boost wears off, so you can gain 4 to 5 level in an hour.

HaltHammerzeit
07.05.2016 , 06:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xThunderstorm View Post
Class quests alone won't be enough. I tried it once (with constant 25% exp boost up and legacy perks), you'll have to do some Heroics/FP's/PvP. I am curious if it'll work once that Victorious Pioneer's Armor Set is out, maybe then you can only do class quests, although I do not think it is possible, even with the armor.
I think Musco said in the last live stream that once you have the full set it's better than the Epic XP Boost (12x), which would mean you can only do the class quests for additional characters, but yo'd have to do at least one doing class and planetary arcs on at least one character.