Long Shots Aurora Canyon - Dread Guards Impossible to Kill

Corana_Sectre

If I am posting this in the wrong place, please move to the correct place. I was not able to locate an active thread for this anywhere.

I am attempting to complete Section X Long Shots solo with my highest ranking companion on heal. I have always been able to complete this mission with little to no difficulty. However, today I can't even get past the first group without getting killed in 10 seconds and they keep rehealing.

I am a level 75 Renown rank 9 and there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to complete this mission. What's going on?

Edited to mention that I am playing in story mode.

Edited by Corana_Sectre
typo

The level syncing scaling tech was changed in 6.0. So the stats that you, as a level 70 playing in Section X synced down to level 52 (I think) are different. I believe it’s level syncing you down to 50 now. Then you get a buff called Veterans Edge which stacks based on how high your item rating is above 270. Finally, level sync in 5.x pretty much ignored tertiary stats... so the crit chance you had in level 70 content was the same in level synced content. However, I’ve seen reports of this not being the case any more because of that stacking Veterans Edge buff.

The combat equations all changed, so the amounts of accuracy rating and alacrity rating that you need now, at level 75, to hit the same goal percentages as before are much higher. So your accuracy %, alacrity %, and crit % are much lower as a fresh 75 than they were prior to 6.0.

Combine that with the new level scaling tech and your character is a lot less powerful. Renown rank is irrelevant in terms of your character’s power. It only means you be gotten 9 boxes of gear to open thus far. What really matters is your character’s average item rating on the character sheet. You want that number to be as high as possible when you open any gear boxes, including renown crates.

There were lots of conflicting reports on PTS about people’s ability to solo the old heroics. But I got the sense it was largely related to the new scaling tech and the new combat equations. In order to help figure out if the problem is you or a bug with the scaling inside the aurora cannon instance, we need to know:

1.). What level are you being synced down to? What, if any, stacks of Veteran’s Edge buff do you gain?

2.). What is the influence rank of your companion?

3.). What is your character’s average item rating level? It’s at the upper left corner of your character sheet.

4.). Do you have enough accuracy or are you actually below 110%?

5.). Are the mobs in the instance scaled to 50, or some other level?

See below the answers to your questions....

The level syncing scaling tech was changed in 6.0. So the stats that you, as a level 70 playing in Section X synced down to level 52 (I think) are different. I believe it’s level syncing you down to 50 now. Then you get a buff called Veterans Edge which stacks based on how high your item rating is above 270. Finally, level sync in 5.x pretty much ignored tertiary stats... so the crit chance you had in level 70 content was the same in level synced content. However, I’ve seen reports of this not being the case any more because of that stacking Veterans Edge buff.

The combat equations all changed, so the amounts of accuracy rating and alacrity rating that you need now, at level 75, to hit the same goal percentages as before are much higher. So your accuracy %, alacrity %, and crit % are much lower as a fresh 75 than they were prior to 6.0.

Combine that with the new level scaling tech and your character is a lot less powerful. Renown rank is irrelevant in terms of your character’s power. It only means you be gotten 9 boxes of gear to open thus far. What really matters is your character’s average item rating on the character sheet. You want that number to be as high as possible when you open any gear boxes, including renown crates.

There were lots of conflicting reports on PTS about people’s ability to solo the old heroics. But I got the sense it was largely related to the new scaling tech and the new combat equations. In order to help figure out if the problem is you or a bug with the scaling inside the aurora cannon instance, we need to know:

1.). What level are you being synced down to? 50 What, if any, stacks of Veteran’s Edge buff do you gain? Not sure how to check that...

2.). What is the influence rank of your companion? 50

3.). What is your character’s average item rating level? It’s at the upper left corner of your character sheet. 270

4.). Do you have enough accuracy or are you actually below 110%? 1699

5.). Are the mobs in the instance scaled to 50, or some other level? 50

• 2 weeks later...