Possible exploit

nimmir

There is a guy who has been trying to sell bop and bol crystals (preorder, Razer and ranked rewards). He could just be a scammer, I've already filed a ticket in-game. Or it could be associated with the other issue, that the weapons of the new companions are boe. GTN is flooded with those weapons trying to scam people who might overlook the companion requirement and mistake them for the cartel market items and think it's a bargain.

There is a guy who has been trying to sell bop and bol crystals (preorder, Razer and ranked rewards). He could just be a scammer, I've already filed a ticket in-game. Or it could be associated with the other issue, that the weapons of the new companions are boe. GTN is flooded with those weapons trying to scam people who might overlook the companion requirement and mistake them for the cartel market items and think it's a bargain.

RIP confirmed. My dumb*** fell for it and had no idea until I read this post and went pubside to confirm it. At first I thought it was just bugged and relisted it to not have to deal with it. Luckily I am not out that much, but yea, a little pissed I fell for it and didn't actually pay attention to what I was buying (in all fairness I was day drunk). Lesson learned, should have learned it in Eve but nah, here I am again lol. Pulled my listing and went ahead and filed a bug report to support yours.

While I don't really understand what people are talking about(flooded GTN, boe, companions), there's also a spammer I reported on Malgus, also selling a spam-grade load of crystals that all have BOL tag and as far as I understand - these can not be traded in the first place.

RIP confirmed. My dumb*** fell for it and had no idea until I read this post and went pubside to confirm it. At first I thought it was just bugged and relisted it to not have to deal with it. Luckily I am not out that much, but yea, a little pissed I fell for it and didn't actually pay attention to what I was buying (in all fairness I was day drunk). Lesson learned, should have learned it in Eve but nah, here I am again lol. Pulled my listing and went ahead and filed a bug report to support yours.

they get away with it, cause when you look on the gtn, it looks the same, you don't see the requirements untill you click on it. So people think they are getting a bargin, while it's new, before the price skyrockets :(

they get away with it, cause when you look on the gtn, it looks the same, you don't see the requirements untill you click on it. So people think they are getting a bargin, while it's new, before the price skyrockets :(

You can hover over the item and see the requirements without needing to buy it. The "fake" one says it requires Tau Idair. Also it appears that the fake one doesn't have an actual icon - at least on the GTN. People often don't check the requirements because you don't usually need to. I'm not blaming the people who fell for this either because the item is still an orange item with the platinum cartel symbol and it has the same name as the actual CM item. The primary blame for this goes to BioWare for not making the item bound with secondary blame to the greedy jerks trying to scam others.

Lol, meant hover over, not click.

I disagree on the blame, primarily it goes to the greedy ****s who exploit a bug. Chances are it was a bug, but biowares fault is for not sorting it out asap, it's been a couple of days already, tickets have been sent in, and people have posted in the forms. /shrug

Edited by DarkTergon
adding more stuff :)