PvP mainhands garbage and why ?

Loki_

You loose 82 power by having a 65 or 67 main hand or offhand why is this ..?

Its because you can have full expertise using many combos such as 69/63/61 66/66/58 46/46/46 etc but you can also use power crit or end crystals in this setup and gain max expertise from wz borstel.

So you have gained 82 power, crit or end just by getting rid of 65 or 67 mh and offhand.

The only solution to this issue is to stop buffing the crystal slot with 41 exp full stop so bolster exp cap would become 1936. and exp crystals would then pull it up to 2018

Until this is done nobody should be using pvp mh or offhand as your just gimping your stats.

You can argue that white dmg is lower with 46/46/46 combo this may be true and has to be proven .. in which case then white dmg should be higher than 67 with 69/63/61 if you belive this fact to be true at the primary dmg rating of the 69 hilt is higher than that of the 67.

So all u bad out there in pvp land ... time to stop using pvp mh and offhands.

Really? You call it garbage for having -82 power? That's 1.886 damage more. A Smasher that normally hit for 8k will now hit for 8003. Congratulations. Big achievement.

I know it's ******** for PvE weapons to be better than PvP weapons in PvP, but it's hardly enough to make PvP weapons garbage.

Continue flaunting your +2 bonus damage.

Really? You call it garbage for having -82 power? That's 1.886 damage more. A Smasher that normally hit for 8k will now hit for 8003. Congratulations. Big achievement.

I know it's ******** for PvE weapons to be better than PvP weapons in PvP, but it's hardly enough to make PvP weapons garbage.

It averages out at 30-40 bonus dmg or healing per class depending your tree bonuses keep telling yourself its only +2

Can we atleast agree on that it renders the whole purpose of PvP weapons moot? Isnt that the real issues here, that one alternative costs less than 100K on GTN while the other requires 100 warzone wins.

Can we atleast agree on that it renders the whole purpose of PvP weapons moot? Isnt that the real issues here, that one alternative costs less than 100K on GTN while the other requires 100 warzone wins.

Like I said, it is the highest form of ******** to have PvE gear > PvP gear in PvP. But there's logic, and there's hyperbole, and calling PvP weapons garbage is clearly the latter.

It averages out at 30-40 bonus dmg or healing per class depending your tree bonuses keep telling yourself its only +2

Averages out at 30-40? What? Are you really telling me that somehow +82 power becomes +30 damage per hit? Really? Pray tell how?

(That is assuming you are talking about just MH/OH. I have heard about the new FUBAR Bolster combo of gear that apparently gives better stats than Obroan. Never seen it in action, so I can't judge. If you are talking about that fiasco, I admit yeah, Obroan would be terrible compared to whatever that combo is. But just the MH/OH? Nope. Not even close to making me wanna run and rerun the same Op for that 69 Hilt)

Like I said, it is the highest form of ******** to have PvE gear > PvP gear in PvP. But there's logic, and there's hyperbole, and calling PvP weapons garbage is clearly the latter.

Averages out at 30-40? What? Are you really telling me that somehow +82 power becomes +30 damage per hit? Really? Pray tell how?

(That is assuming you are talking about just MH/OH. I have heard about the new FUBAR Bolster combo of gear that apparently gives better stats than Obroan. Never seen it in action, so I can't judge. If you are talking about that fiasco, I admit yeah, Obroan would be terrible compared to whatever that combo is. But just the MH/OH? Nope. Not even close to making me wanna run and rerun the same Op for that 69 Hilt)

I had a commando in my guild switch MH and offhand from BIS 67/67/67 (with exp crystals) to 69/63/61 (with power crystals) she gained 30 bonus dmg.

On my sage healer with 46/46/46 + (power crystals) from bis 67/67/67 (exp crystals) I gained 110 bonus healing and 1.2k hp

so yeah i will stick with my original conclusion atm all pvp weapons are garbage

Edited by Loki_

I had a commando in my guild switch MH and offhand from BIS 67/67/67 (with exp crystals) to 69/63/61 (with power crystals) she gained 30 bonus dmg.

On my sage healer with 46/46/46 + (power crystals) from bis 67/67/67 (exp crystals) I gained 110 bonus healing

Is there any way you can repeat that and take a screenshot? I find that nearly impossible to believe (because like I said, it's +82 power). Put a screenshot, and I'll concede that Bolster is the most FUBAR thing since whatever caused the acronym FUBAR to be made in the first place.

Is there any way you can repeat that and take a screenshot? I find that nearly impossible to believe (because like I said, it's +82 power). Put a screenshot, and I'll concede that Bolster is the most FUBAR thing since whatever caused the acronym FUBAR to be made in the first place.

Bonus dmg is 0.23 per point of power so 0.23 x 82 = 18.86 bonus dmg just for the crystals then you have a 10 primary stat gain for the 69/63 mods over 67/67 which is 0.2x10 = 2 so there is 2/3 of the gain already at a total of 20.86 im assuming that bolser is responsible for the rest of the gain that is being seen in wz's .

Edited by Loki_

Bonus dmg is 0.23 per point of power so 0.23 x 82 = 18.86 bonus dmg just for the crystals then you have a 10 primary stat gain for the 69/63 mods over 67/67 which is 0.2x10 = 2 so there is 2/3 of the gain already at a total of 20.86 im assuming that bolser is responsible for the rest of the gain that is being seen in wz's .

Wait a sec. Holy crap. I just noticed my calculation error. My bad. I wrote 1.886, because I accidentally entered 0.023 in the calculator. Sorry, totally my mistake (and Bioware's btw :p ). Bolster is FUBAR, the thread is right, I'm an idiot, carry on.

Edited by EzioMessi

Aware of this and use it on most alts.. but on chars i do have the obroan weapons i just use them out of the principle that i grinded them with painful yolo queue back at the start.. :p plz fix tho bw Edited by AngusFTW

ooh 30 bonus damage. ooh ahh. amazing. wow such stat so big.

on the other hand.

PVE anything being better than PVP anything in PVP is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Considering that those who PVP DO NOT WANT bolster WHY is there bolster?

Your customers dont want it.

From day one. You forced this on us and we dont like it.

PLEASE REMOVE BOLSTER FROM 55 PVP. Your PVP customers DONT WANT IT AND NEVER HAVE.

Edited by Smuglebunny

ooh 30 bonus damage. ooh ahh. amazing. wow such stat so big.

on the other hand.

PVE anything being better than PVP anything in PVP is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Considering that those who PVP DO NOT WANT bolster WHY is there bolster?

Your customers dont want it.

From day one. You forced this on us and we dont like it.

PLEASE REMOVE BOLSTER FROM 55 PVP. Your PVP customers DONT WANT IT AND NEVER HAVE.

Umm.. no. Keep bolster. It evens the playing field, and acts like an idiot-proof version of Recruit gear.

Just get rid of the currently ridiculous system of scaling stats. Make it so that anything and everything that is not Partisan, Conqueror or Obroan gets the stats of a tier 61 item with full expertise (augments stay out of the equation as they currently do). Problem solved.

IF they tweaked it so PVE items were ALWAYS worse than PVP items in PVP then fine.

But I think both expertise and bolster should have never existed. And I played before they both existed.

but whaddayagonnado right?

Dunno how the game can exist without Expertise though. Expertise is needed to make sure that people in tier 78 gear don't lolfaceroll people who don't run Ops. So Expertise evens the playing field.

But then people who are in PvE gear that is not tier 78 get facerolled, so they use Bolster to even the playing field there.

Then they introduce so many glitches.

Wait, you say you have been around since Expertise did not exist. How did they handle stats and gear gaps back then? How did PvPers not get absolutely crushed by people who run raids every day?

Until now I assumed that Expertise has been around since the beginning of the game. If it hasn't, how did they handle gear differences back then?

I'll stick to PvP gear thanks and play the system as intended. An extra 1% damage or even less is not game breaking in anyway to me and by far not a reason for any losses or not performing.

It just seems like a whinge for the same of whinging in here.

That's the basically inexcusable crux of it. It's bad enough that pve gear can have almost 2k expertise. And that earlier today or maybe it was yesterday I had to tell a returning player with just under 1k expertise in a lowbie game to take his expertise gear off (which he didn't understand and didn't listen to - I wouldn't have either in his position - but I tried). But when bolster can make a garbage item as good as or slightly better than the best and most expensive pvp items available, I don't think you can poke a hole in the system any bigger than that. This isn't a system that just started yesterday and it's had lots of bugs. Although we have heard a bit of an explanation of the system from a dev recently, we haven't heard WHY the system is so complex nor have we heard why this particular issue has been allowed to persist for so long.

For my part I would be a much happier camper if lowbie bolster was fixed to the old system and max level bolster would transform non-pvp items into a recruit level set (where the "recruit" level is changeable as new gear sets get released but would equal partisan now); that wouldn't leave a newbie in a horrible place but also would give PVPers some reward for buying the gear.

If we want to move SWTOR pvp to a GW2 format, where everyone is bumped to max level with equal gear just say so and do it right (but I would probably go away just like I went away from GW2). These obfuscation games are extremely tiresome.

Edited by Savej

I really don't care about a few points, but what I do care about is working for the PVP gear for nothing. Everyone has the same Expertise because of the bolster in PVP. So there really is no point at all to get PVP gear. Expertise also does not seem to matter at all in open world PVP. I hit players for the same damage in or out of war zones when I should be hitting someone with no expertise for way more damage based on the stat description.

So someone that raids all the time can come in with several hundred more points in their stats and just blow people up because well they have the same 2018 expertise thanks to the bolster buff.

How about simply removing expertise from the game and making PVP armor close to equivalent to the raid gear? Or.... remove the bolster buff completely and make one set of the PVP gear lvl 53 (closest match in stats to PVE gear) and if you dont have expertise when you jump into a war zone ... sucks to be you.

I really don't care about a few points, but what I do care about is working for the PVP gear for nothing. Everyone has the same Expertise because of the bolster in PVP. So there really is no point at all to get PVP gear. Expertise also does not seem to matter at all in open world PVP. I hit players for the same damage in or out of war zones when I should be hitting someone with no expertise for way more damage based on the stat description.

So someone that raids all the time can come in with several hundred more points in their stats and just blow people up because well they have the same 2018 expertise thanks to the bolster buff.

How about simply removing expertise from the game and making PVP armor close to equivalent to the raid gear? Or.... remove the bolster buff completely and make one set of the PVP gear lvl 53 (closest match in stats to PVE gear) and if you dont have expertise when you jump into a war zone ... sucks to be you.

Everybody doesn't have the same expertise because of bolster. You are probably hitting people in pvp gear when in OW. It's pretty obvious when they are pve geared. Know not what you are talking about I think.