i fail to see the reason.

hyuganejji

You cant control what anyone else on your team does anyways, so its part of the mechanics tgat needs to be followed. No different than a trammate not attacking someone capping a node, using a non aoe attack around cc'd players, etc. At some point BW has to leave it in the players hands - more specifically - all the players hands.

True.

However, the point is that a good merc can still force 12 sec of target switch with energy shield, and 5(?) with reflect, and at some point he will be freecasting while untouchable. Soft cc's last 8 sec (and basically assume DoT classes aren't present), hards last four - only just equal to the full duration of Energy shield, and using both will completely fill the resolve bar. No other class can do that while freecasting. Sniper can be burst through. Sorc bubble is channeled. Juggernaut/PT defensives are a joke. Operative/Assassins can stealth out and heal to full, but this mandates no aggressive action. Maras can go for maaaybe 12 secs with Obfuscate w/utility and Undying Rage w/utility, and even then it's damage resistance, not heals + damage resistance.

No other class in the game has such defensives while maintaining high offensive potential.

Edited by Sabachthanus

True.

However, the point is that a good merc can still force 12 sec of target switch with energy shield, and 5(?) with reflect, and at some point he will be freecasting while untouchable. Soft cc's last 8 sec (and basically assume DoT classes aren't present), hards last four - only just equal to the full duration of Energy shield, and using both will completely fill the resolve bar. No other class can do that while freecasting. Sniper can be burst through. Sorc bubble is channeled. Juggernaut/PT defensives are a joke. Operative/Assassins can stealth out and heal to full, but this mandates no aggressive action. Maras can go for maaaybe 12 secs with Obfuscate w/utility and Undying Rage w/utility, and even then it's damage resistance, not heals + damage resistance.

No other class in the game has such defensives while maintaining high offensive potential.

By no means do I think classes are balanced right now, but you can literally go thru each class and find some aspect of their skillset that gives them an advantage that no other class has. Will it be exactly the same as what a merc is capable of? No. Are there areas of pvp where those other classes have a huge advantage? Yes. It isnt ever going to be completely balanced for pvp, and for every possible situation either.

That said, as mentioned before, if the merc is casting energy shield, they are likely low on health and will spend the time casting heals instead of dpsing. If they proactively cast ES, then your team likely didnt waste any dps attacking the merc, so dps likely would've caused another opponent to use their dcd as well. If thats the case, your team has an attritional advantage because both opponents will be left vulnerable without their dcds.

• 4 weeks later...
Your opinion.

Again, your opinion. What is fact is that if they dont make a standard crafting system for equal chance to make the gear, it can create an imbalance, which causes more problems. As for decorative crafting, perhaps they dont see enough people really interested in that part of the game, per metrics. So while those changes might be something you would like to see, perhaps you are the minority.

People asked for open world PvP, and BW gave it. If people wanted it so badly, they should be there. Obviously it wasnt wanted as badly as advertised by the playerbase, or it would be thriving. BW has never made SWTOR about forcing people to participate in open world pvp, so why would you expect it to change now. This issue you present is player created, not BW created. They provided, the players just choose not to participate en masse.

It appears to me they are actively trying to re-balance classes.

Again, your opinion. What is fact is that if they dont make a standard crafting system for equal chance to make the gear, it can create an imbalance, which causes more problems. As for decorative crafting, perhaps they dont see enough people really interested in that part of the game, per metrics. So while those changes might be something you would like to see, perhaps you are the minority. All do respect that's your opinion which is not backed up by other mmo's that have actual crafting. You can google it best crafting will display a bunch of mmo's of which Star wars galaxies a dead game makes the list yet no SWTOR. Simply put because it's not crafting and if you've never crafted items you just won't get it. Most of the people i play with agree Bioware's so called crafting is sub-par to other mmo's crafting. Further more, if you are the one implementing it you could with a little forethought minimize any imbalance your'e just providing excuses for bioware to keep the status quo it's players like yourself that settle for sub-par instead of demanding we actually get what we are paying for.If the community actually demanded a better crafting system they'd get one. As it stands now most people just accept that these things are gimmicks

People asked for open world PvP, and BW gave it. If people wanted it so badly, they should be there. Obviously it wasnt wanted as badly as advertised by the playerbase, or it would be thriving. BW has never made SWTOR about forcing people to participate in open world pvp, so why would you expect it to change now. This issue you present is player created, not BW created. They provided, the players just choose not to participate en masse.

You got to be kidding me this is your argument? Yeah we asked for it but that should be a no brainer to include incentives , come on man that has to be the lamest argument i've ever heard. Don't give me that we asked for it they'd be there, I guarantee peeps ask for new operations|flashpoints|Uprising all the time and if there were no "REWARDS" at the end you would be screaming bloody murder! There is no incentive other than gathering replicating components to go to Iokath. At the very least un-assemble comps should have been offered in some way as an incentive/reward.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

By no means do I think classes are balanced right now, but you can literally go thru each class and find some aspect of their skillset that gives them an advantage that no other class has. Will it be exactly the same as what a merc is capable of? No. Are there areas of pvp where those other classes have a huge advantage? Yes. It isnt ever going to be completely balanced for pvp, and for every possible situation either.

That said, as mentioned before, if the merc is casting energy shield, they are likely low on health and will spend the time casting heals instead of dpsing. If they proactively cast ES, then your team likely didnt waste any dps attacking the merc, so dps likely would've caused another opponent to use their dcd as well. If thats the case, your team has an attritional advantage because both opponents will be left vulnerable without their dcds.

I take issue with stealth and heal to full. Our stealth is not the panacea you think it is. It is a joke really 9 out 10 times a sin cloaks out on me lacerate (AOE) pops him right out. If your dotted forget cloaking you'll get popped unless you have shroud up or spent utilities that gives shroud on cloak. Finally when you do actually manage to stealth out and make it away and uncloak and "heal to full" you can't cause your still flagged IN COMBAT

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

I take issue with stealth and heal to full. Our stealth is not the panacea you think it is. It is a joke really 9 out 10 times a sin cloaks out on me lacerate (AOE) pops him right out. If your dotted forget cloaking you'll get popped unless you have shroud up or spent utilities that gives shroud on cloak. Finally when you do actually manage to stealth out and make it away and uncloak and "heal to full" you can't cause your still flagged IN COMBAT

Not sure why you quoted me.

Again, your opinion. What is fact is that if they dont make a standard crafting system for equal chance to make the gear, it can create an imbalance, which causes more problems. As for decorative crafting, perhaps they dont see enough people really interested in that part of the game, per metrics. So while those changes might be something you would like to see, perhaps you are the minority. All do respect that's your opinion which is not backed up by other mmo's that have actual crafting. You can google it best crafting will display a bunch of mmo's of which Star wars galaxies a dead game makes the list yet no SWTOR. Simply put because it's not crafting and if you've never crafted items you just won't get it. Most of the people i play with agree Bioware's so called crafting is sub-par to other mmo's crafting. Further more, if you are the one implementing it you could with a little forethought minimize any imbalance. your'e just providing excuses for bioware to keep the status quo it's players like yourself that settle for sub-par instead of demanding i actually get what i am paying for. if the community actually demanded a better crafting system they'd get one. As it stands now most people just accept that these things are gimmicks

You got to be kidding me this is your argument? Yeah we asked for it but that should be a no brainer to include incentives , come on man that has to be the lamest argument i've ever heard. Don't give me that we asked for it they'd be there, I guarantee peeps ask for new operations|flashpoints|Uprising all the time and if there were no "REWARDS" at the end you would be screaming bloody murder! There is no incentive other than gathering replicating components to go to Iokath. At the very least un-assemble comps should have been offered in some way as an incentive/reward.

Literally none of that was my opinion.

Again, your opinion. What is fact is that if they dont make a standard crafting system for equal chance to make the gear, it can create an imbalance, which causes more problems. As for decorative crafting, perhaps they dont see enough people really interested in that part of the game, per metrics. So while those changes might be something you would like to see, perhaps you are the minority. All do respect that's your opinion which is not backed up by other mmo's that have actual crafting. You can google it best crafting will display a bunch of mmo's of which Star wars galaxies a dead game makes the list yet no SWTOR. Simply put because it's not crafting and if you've never crafted items you just won't get it. Most of the people i play with agree Bioware's so called crafting is sub-par to other mmo's crafting. Further more, if you are the one implementing it you could with a little forethought minimize any imbalance. your'e just providing excuses for bioware to keep the status quo it's players like yourself that settle for sub-par instead of demanding i actually get what i am paying for. if the community actually demanded a better crafting system they'd get one. As it stands now most people just accept that these things are gimmicks

So you didn't write stuff in blue?

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

So you didn't write stuff in blue?

Yes, so please show me where I stated "I believe" or "It is my opinion?". I gave a lot of "possibilities, but none of them are my opinion.

Yes, so please show me where I stated "I believe" or "It is my opinion?". I gave a lot of "possibilities, but none of them are my opinion.

ROFL Those possibilities are YOUR OPINION. You don't have to state I believe or it is my opinion it can be implied by the tone of the writing. Further more you state something as fact yet provide no evidence just a possible outcome which admittedly is a valid point yet grossly overblown. Then you use a logical fallacy to justify the lack of decorative crafting based on a metric that don't exist. Ironically that sort proves my point because really unless they did a poll asking specifically "would you like to be able to alter colors/style etc etc" the only "metric" they could use would be total number of players who actually Replicated stock items. If they used such a metric sorta proves my point that large portion of the community don't replicate stock item cause it's kinda pointless.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

ROFL Those possibilities are YOUR OPINION. You don't have to state I believe or it is my opinion it can be implied by the tone of the writing. Further more you state something as fact yet provide no evidence just a possible outcome which admittedly is a valid point yet grossly overblown. Then you use a logical fallacy to justify the lack of decorative crafting based on a metric that don't exist. Ironically that sort proves my point because really unless they did a poll asking specifically "would you like to be able to alter colors/style etc etc" the only "metric" they could use would be total number of players who actually Replicated stock items. If they used such a metric sorta proves my point that large portion of the community don't replicate stock item cause it's kinda pointless.

Please google "opinion" before continuing this conversation.

I suggest you re-read what I wrote then. You arent making any sense.

Again, your opinion. What is fact is that if they dont make a standard crafting system for equal chance to make the gear, it can create an imbalance, which causes more problems. As for decorative crafting, perhaps they dont see enough people really interested in that part of the game, per metrics. So while those changes might be something you would like to see, perhaps you are the minority.

Based on what evidence? No evidence then this is opinion! stating something as fact DOES NOT MAKE IT FACT!

In fact Most successful crafting systems Do not impose a Equal chance to make the gear as you so put it. Doing so removes the whole point. They usually impose some sort of range Low/Med/High depending on skill they have to craft said item. The quality of material used yields and any other added requirement such as crafting tools etc etc a low/med/high end product. The end result is a demand for people who have the highest skill in crafting the item that uses the best materials and yields the best results.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Based on what evidence? No evidence then this is opinion! stating something as fact DOES NOT MAKE IT FACT!

All that color and you still didnt even pay attention to the wording that forces you to prove it isnt fact.

I'll help you out. I said it CAN create an imbalance. I didnt say it would. I didnt say that I believe it will. I didnt say anything other than the FACT that it is a possibility, unless proven otherwise. As I suggested before - read what I wrote.

All that color and you still didnt even pay attention to the wording that forces you to prove it isnt fact.

I'll help you out. I said it CAN create an imbalance. I didnt say it would. I didnt say that I believe it will. I didnt say anything other than the FACT that it is a possibility, unless proven otherwise. As I suggested before - read what I wrote.

I'm am not required TO PROVE IT YOU ARE! You are the one making the claim! Writing 101 if your gonna say something is fact you don't just claim its fact! You make your claim then you provide evidence! This can be eye witness testimony, articles, books, video to do otherwise is a logical fallacy! You are using a logical deduction to justify your position which is wrong. For example because you wrote " I didnt say it would. I didnt " I can deduce that your are uneducated and don't know it is suppose to be didn't. That Claim is baseless and factually not correct but yet it is still a logical deduction.(You may have a malfunctioning keyboard or just suck at typing)

However, the point is moot what I said before still stands even if the So called imbalanced existed the developer could minimize that to some degree. I would further argue that Star wars galaxies (SWG) was the best crafting system to date because it was imbalanced due rare ore and rare stats such as conductivity and potential energy overall quality of the materials. Those that invested time into crafting made a name for themselves as the best crafters. You could still craft the items if you didn't have the best tools, ore etc etc but you couldn't ask top dollar

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Sorry, but anything is possible unless proven otherwise.

I'm am not required TO PROVE IT YOU ARE! You are the one making the claim! Writing 101 if your gonna say something is fact you don't just claim its fact! You make your claim then you provide evidence! This can be eye witness testimony, articles, books, video to do otherwise is a logical fallacy! You are using a logical deduction to justify your position which is wrong. For example because you wrote " I didnt say it would. I didnt " I can deduce that your are in fact an uneducated person and didn't know it is suppose to be didn't. That Claim is baseless and factually not correct but yet it is still a logical deduction.(You may have a malfunctioning keyboard or just suck at typing) This is the reason for providing evidence. No evidence then it's opinion because you have nothing to back up what you claim.

However, the point is moot what I said before still stands even if the So called imbalanced existed the developer could minimize that to some degree. I would further argue that Star wars galaxies (SWG) was the best crafting system to date because it was imbalanced due rare ore and rare stats such as conductivity and potential energy overall quality of the materials. Those that invested time into crafting made a name for themselves as the best crafters. You could still craft the items if you didn't have the best tools, ore etc etc but you couldn't ask top dollar

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

I'm am not required TO PROVE IT YOU ARE! You are the one making the claim! Writing 101 if your gonna say something is fact you don't just claim its fact! You make your claim then you provide evidence! This can be eye witness testimony, articles, books, video to do otherwise is a logical fallacy! You are using a logical deduction to justify your position which is wrong. For example because you wrote " I didnt say it would. I didnt " I can deduce that your are uneducated and don't know it is suppose to be didn't. That Claim is baseless and factually not correct but yet it is still a logical deduction.(You may have a malfunctioning keyboard or just suck at typing) This is the reason for providing evidence. No evidence then it's opinion because you have nothing to back up what you claim.

The earth was flat until it was proven otherwise.

You actually just proved my point. In reversed roles of this argument, I very well could be uneducated, as my text-based posting does show errors. It is possible that is the reason. However, it is on me to prove it otherwise, by providing documentation of my education, by providing studies showing that multitudes of people have issues accurately typing with specific devices, etc. Or I can do nothing and understand that "A" possible reason for it is lack of education. You dont have to prove anything in this argument because the evidence is already there - poor spelling.

Edited by olagatonjedi

The earth was flat until it was proven otherwise.

You actually just proved my point. In reversed roles of this argument, I very well could be uneducated, as my text-based posting does show errors. It is possible that is the reason. However, it is on me to prove it otherwise, by providing documentation of my education, by providing studies showing that multitudes of people have issues accurately typing with specific devices, etc. Or I can do nothing and understand that "A" possible reason for it is lack of education. You dont have to prove anything in this argument because the evidence is already there - poor spelling.

Yes, you do have to prove it! Some evidence may be present in most cases it is circumstantial at best . Or maybe only part of said evidence is being shown. Are you biased, or conflicted? This is why when you claim something as fact YOU BACK IT UP!

Further more it is not on you to prove that you are not uneducated it is the person purposing this as fact (I.e .me as i was the one in the example) If you're the one making the claim something is fact it falls on you to back it up! Otherwise it's here-say/opinion, logical fallacy and has no validity.

Saying that the burden of proof lies not with the person making the claim, but with someone else to disprove is a logical fallacy.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Yes, you do have to prove it! Some evidence may be present in most cases it is circumstantial at best . Or maybe only part of said evidence is being shown. Are you biased, or conflicted? This is why when you claim something as fact YOU BACK IT UP!

Further more it is not on you to prove that you are not uneducated it is the person purposing this as fact (I.e .me as i was the one in the example) If you're the one making the claim something is fact it falls on you to back it up! Otherwise it's here-say/opinion, logical fallacy and has no validity.

Saying that the burden of proof lies not with the person making the claim, but with someone else to disprove is a logical fallacy.

Go look up the definition of "fact" and then look at the statement you're accusing of not being fact. If you cant come to the correct conclusion, this conversation doesnt appear to have the ability to go anywhere because of your inability to understand.

Also look up circumstantial evidence and its relation to fact while you are at it.

I hope you become enlightened. I really do.

Edited by olagatonjedi

Go look up the definition of "fact" and then look at the statement you're accusing of not being fact. If you cant come to the correct conclusion, this conversation doesnt appear to have the ability to go anywhere because of your inability to understand.

Also look up circumstantial evidence and its relation to fact while you are at it.

I hope you become enlightened. I really do.

a thing that is indisputably the case.

"it can create an imbalance, which causes more problems" based on WHAT?" Cite a source man otherwise ITS NOT FACT IT'S A LOGICAL FALLACY! You can call it fact till your blue in the face until you prove your claim it has no validity i.e it isn't fact!

Your the one who's failing to grasp what is being said! take a dang writing class for pete sake!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin