Tank to New Healer

inknform

Hey JC!,

Re-subbed after being away for a few months and decided to roll an Operative (lvl 20 atm), focusing on Med tree. My role of choice for as far back as I can remember has been tank, but I figured I would try the other end of the spectrum.

As much as I just love healing Kaliyo (meh), I would like to actually get some real practice in on healing other players in FPs and/or Heroics. Preferably players that have some real experience as healers themselves and wouldn't mind sharing some hints/tips, etc.

Being a new healer, most groups don't really want you, at least not as a MH, so its been tough trying to sell myself as one IG, lol. So, figured I would give a shout out in the JC forums for those who want to give a run-through sometime :)

My Op is Ezarii and typically I'm online nights (roughly 8pm EST).

Hello!

Stumbled on your post viewing the forum. I just wanted to throw out the offer that if you're online at all on weekends (best time would be around noon on Sundays for maybe a few hours) and just want some practice with a willing patient rather than a regular play buddy, I might be able to accomodate you. All my Imps are higher level, but I don't mind bringing them back to whatever planet you're on to run a Heroic with you.

I have two characters (Pub side) spec'ed Healer and two off-Healers on the Imperial side, so I have some experience with it. Not a ton of FP or Ops experience, but I've done quite a few Heroics with the Healers and play in groups regularly.

Shoot me a PM here if you're interested in scheduling something or if no better offer comes along. :)

Thanks mate. I'll look you up next time I'm online.

That may or may not be a good way to get in touch with me, as I tend to be online with regular groups (a majority of the time) or solo, and, right now, my solo time is on the Republic side and PTS making me unreachable to an Imperial. :)

But if you send me a PM or in-game mail (best Imp toon to catch me on is probably Syrth) and let me know a time I can aim to be online on a Sunday between about 11am-2pm EDT, I can log someone on and run with you for a short while. :)

If scheduling something is too much hassle, I wish you luck in finding someone else to help you out. :>

Hey no worries. Thanks :) My play time is typically in the evenings or early mornings, so its a hit or miss. I'll probably just try my luck with the random PuG now and then and just let them know I am relatively new to the healing role and expect to die, LOL.

Hey no worries. Thanks :) My play time is typically in the evenings or early mornings, so its a hit or miss. I'll probably just try my luck with the random PuG now and then and just let them know I am relatively new to the healing role and expect to die, LOL.

Okay. :) My experience is that as long as you're doing something like Heroics or even story-mode FPs and say that upfront, people are pretty cool about it. I think there's the "we were all there once" mentality to it. And if they have problems with it? They can quit, which is probably better for you in the long run, anyway. It's no fun learning a new role with someone who is going to be an a** about it.

Good luck!!!

Hey JC!,

Re-subbed after being away for a few months and decided to roll an Operative (lvl 20 atm), focusing on Med tree. My role of choice for as far back as I can remember has been tank, but I figured I would try the other end of the spectrum.

As much as I just love healing Kaliyo (meh), I would like to actually get some real practice in on healing other players in FPs and/or Heroics. Preferably players that have some real experience as healers themselves and wouldn't mind sharing some hints/tips, etc.

Being a new healer, most groups don't really want you, at least not as a MH, so its been tough trying to sell myself as one IG, lol. So, figured I would give a shout out in the JC forums for those who want to give a run-through sometime :)

My Op is Ezarii and typically I'm online nights (roughly 8pm EST).

Hey Inknform,

If you're still looking to maybe get with a more consistant crew, shoot me (Apotheosis) or my guild leader (Sorcero) an in-game whisper. Our guild is small, but we tend to be online in the evening (9pm central time). Of all my guild, I tend to be on the most... I'm a powertech tank and you could get some practice doing some HMs with me.

Hey Inknform,

If you're still looking to maybe get with a more consistant crew, shoot me (Apotheosis) or my guild leader (Sorcero) an in-game whisper. Our guild is small, but we tend to be online in the evening (9pm central time). Of all my guild, I tend to be on the most... I'm a powertech tank and you could get some practice doing some HMs with me.

Hey sumuser!, thanks for the invitation, however my IA is only @ 25 right now so no HMs for me for awhile ;)

Although, I'll keep an eye out for ya next evening I'm on. My IGN is Ezarii btw. (stupid server merge stole my original identity!...*shakes fist*)

Hey sumuser!, thanks for the invitation, however my IA is only @ 25 right now so no HMs for me for awhile ;)

Although, I'll keep an eye out for ya next evening I'm on. My IGN is Ezarii btw. (stupid server merge stole my original identity!...*shakes fist*)

Hey inknform,

We would love to have a lvl 25 IA in our guild man. I have a lvl 23 IA operative myself in the guild and am having a blast with her (Aruru). We could always run sub 50 flashpoints together both for the fun of it and the good loot they drop. And when you do get to 50, you'll be in a guild that is not so well-established and old that most of everyone is already geared and burned out on the "lower level" HMs.

I look forward to catching you in-game :)

(also feel free to shoot a whisper to Sorcero, our guild leader)

Hey inknform,

We would love to have a lvl 25 IA in our guild man. I have a lvl 23 IA operative myself in the guild and am having a blast with her (Aruru). We could always run sub 50 flashpoints together both for the fun of it and the good loot they drop. And when you do get to 50, you'll be in a guild that is not so well-established and old that most of everyone is already geared and burned out on the "lower level" HMs.

Awesome, I'll keep that in mind. Not really looking to join any guild atm but don't mind running FPs with you or whomever when we are online. My game times are typically in evening (after 8pm).

See ya IG!