Official Q&A Thread for July 20th Blog Post

• Dev Post

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the July 20th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on July 20th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Monday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select the questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered implementing contests for the community to participate in? These may be anything from fluff item, speeders, or even social gear items design contests, fiction writing, or art design contests. You could even sponsor fun things like videos, comic strips, or caption contests. Awards could be anything from item designs incorporated into the game, having artistic-style contest winners featured on the official site, or maybe even a month of game time. I think this would be a fun, exciting way to include the community in the foundation of the game.

Thanks!

Edited by InnerPieces

Would you consider making rare colour crystals (white, green / black) legacy bound in the future?

I have the white on my current jedi but I am levelling up a Rattataki knight and it's a shame that I won't be able to use my beloved crystal any more. I'd happily pay another 2.5mil creds to make it legacy bound. Perhaps for a credit cost it could be upgraded to a more powerful version when the level cap increases too?

Will you be revisiting the scaling of the Presence bonuses awarded in the Legacy system when the level cap is raised? I fear that over time, their value will diminish as they shrink relative to our total stat pool, even though the benefit per point of Presence is static.

When can we expect to see some more guild features? At the guild summit you mentioned guild calendars, emblems, guild advertising, and guild progression/levels coming post 1.2 so I have been anxiously awaiting those features since that day. Also, when will you implement a guild tax to help fund guild repairs?

One of the things that made this game great is storyline. Is there a possibility that you can create a vendor or npc that can reset the storyline and use your lvl 50 to go through the class storyline again. That way an individual can re see the story and not have to worry about leveling while trying to remember the storyline progression.

Will we see an expansion on the celestials or a background story for them? largely we've dealt with the rakata. but the celestials we read in the books have no mention at all. and will we also see centerpoint station in a wz or flashpoint?

With the recruit a friend system in place as well as realm changes, will be seeing other features outside of the game similar to other MMO's such as race changes (reasoning behind this was that a friend got a Sith to level 50 and wanted to make a Sith smuggler, but he already had one at 35 and would rather pay to change that than start again) or smaller things like re-customisations (Same gender, otherwise I can foresee this messing with companion relationships) or legacy name changes, whether they be free or most likely cost a little bit?

Q. Based on previous statements for PVE (where you said you didn't want certain classes effectively excluded from group content because other classes were deemed to be superior) will you be taking the same approach to PVP balance? Currently ranked WZ setups are only looking to take two DPS classes and one healing class almost exclusively.

Several months ago class balance changes were made at a smaller and more frequent rate, however, since 1.2 all class balance changes have been made within or around the major game updates (1.2 and 1.3). Will this pattern of class balance changes occurring every few months within the major game updates continue or will we see a return to some more frequent, albeit smaller, changes? Do you feel longer drawn out balance changes can have a negative impact on gameplay such as ranked Warzones when certain classes/specs seem to be out-performing others, forcing certain playstyles/compositions upon teams in order to stay competitive at the highest level?

I used to play Starwars Galaxies and one of the best features was the space combat simulation, are you planning on bringing space combat simulation to the old republic and being able to buy new space ships?

:ph_thank_you:

In 1.3 Juggernaut's lost the ability Unleashed, which reduces the reuse timer on our CC breaker by 15/30 seconds, will we be given a replacement to bring us back in line with the other classes in the form of a new ability or having it added into an existing skill?

Are there plans to extend on the legacy system beyond purchasable 'perks'. e.g. story based missions available to each character involving "family members" based on class, faction, dark / light alighnment, who they are to your character in the legacy etc rather than a headshot on a family tree

Any chance we could get Augments with set bonuses on them like the Campaign Armorings, so that we aren't forced to either wear the Tionese/Columi/Rakata stuff or have to farm Hard Mode Explosive Conflict in order to wear what we want?

I realize this is not the place for big reveals, but I am wondering if there is any snippets of information you could possibly share regarding open world PvP. When Ilum was removed we know the Devs went back to the drawing board for a redesign but havent heard any information. Any information at all that can be shared? Thanks.