Executing Kaliyo or Jorgan

RameiArashi

I just watched the clips of Aric or Kaliyo being banished and clips of them being executed. The female trooper killing her husband was particularly cold. Kaliyo's reaction to being killed by husband isn't much different from being killed by non romanced character.

I wouldn't think banishing Kaliyo would be a good idea. Jorgan is honorable and wouldn't betray you. Kailyo on the other hand is the type to seek vengeance even if you do have a common foe.

Edited by RameiArashi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, of course Kaliyo would betray you. The only one she might not betray is her husband/BFF/girlfriend, and that would be a huge might. After all,

she tried to claim a bounty on her ex-girlfriend, Anspi'shel.

IMO, her reaction was almost literally the shrug emoji. I honestly thought about having my merc kill her, but I realized that it would be incredibly ooc for her.

Well, of course Kaliyo would betray you. The only one she might not betray is her husband/BFF/girlfriend, and that would be a huge might

My IA who romanced her chose the, "I'm partially to blame" option (from dialogue it sounds like he pretty much takes all the blame for what Kaliyo did) and she pretty much agrees with you that it was your fault and not hers (he looked pretty dissapointed in her though for doing it and she just didn't care :rolleyes: ) I have no doubt in my mind if she ever got the chance she'd stab my IA (her husband) in the back to get what she wants :p

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

My Sith Warrior will execute Kaliyo.

She cannot be trusted.

While Jorgan is a filthy Pub he's still very competent, has a ton of valued experience that can be used to train an army and he's dedicated to an actual cause while Kaliyo does whatever she wants. Not to mention that Jorgan is a War Hero, the Pubs in the Alliance love him. Keeping him alive keeps the Pubs in line and ensures their loyalty.

She cannot be trusted.

While Jorgan is a filthy Pub he's still very competent, has a ton of valued experience that can be used to train an army and he's dedicated to an actual cause while Kaliyo does whatever she wants. Not to mention that Jorgan is a War Hero, the Pubs in the Alliance love him. Keeping him alive keeps the Pubs in line and ensures their loyalty.

This is all very good points. And reason to not execute him if he defies your orders.

This is all very good points. And reason to not execute him if he defies your orders.

I'd argue those very reasons should be used for executing him. A well respected, decorated veteran goes repeatedly off the reservation, willfully disregards the chain of command and gets executed for it. Only a few others would serve as powerful examples to let everyone know who is in charge and what happens if you disobey orders or fail.

She cannot be trusted.

My Operative is romancing Kaliyo just so he can cheat on her with Cytharat, dump her for Theron and then gleefully kill her.

My agent was never a fan of Kaliyo and made it perfectly clear in her side quests during the class story that if she crossed him it would be the last mistake she ever made. It also helps that I have him in a romance with Theron. Their pragmatic approach to the war meshes well, and I love the back and forth banter between the two.

I honestly can't see any of my characters killing Aric; even my Sorcerer who's the at Dark III. He's more useful and predictable of the two. Aric may be from the Republic, but they're both after the same thing. Kaliyo would sell her mother out for the right price.

My agent was never a fan of Kaliyo and made it perfectly clear in her side quests during the class story that if she crossed him it would be the last mistake she ever made. It also helps that I have him in a romance with Theron. Their pragmatic approach to the war meshes well, and I love the back and forth banter between the two.

I honestly can't see any of my characters killing Aric; even my Sorcerer who's the at Dark III. He's more useful and predictable of the two. Aric may be from the Republic, but they're both after the same thing. Kaliyo would sell her mother out for the right price.

I can see Aric dying every time he disobeys my character's orders. The manner in which he did it made me and my agent hate him even more. "Screw you, I don't follow your orders, I'm going in!" - well not true furball, you agreed to work with me and in such you agreed to follow my orders :mad:

I'd argue those very reasons should be used for executing him. A well respected, decorated veteran goes repeatedly off the reservation, willfully disregards the chain of command and gets executed for it. Only a few others would serve as powerful examples to let everyone know who is in charge and what happens if you disobey orders or fail.

It is tempting to kill him, but by the same token. Jorgan is a bit of a hero to the Republic guys so if you kill him it puts you in a difficult situation. Whether you are an imperial or a pub, you are not going to look good. laying waste to Zakuul is one thing, but, killing your own... that's another.

Am I right in thinking that you HAVE to send Kaliyo to do the mission with Jorgan as back-up? as if this is the case Jorgen will never be executed or exiled as all my characters would choose the send Havoc as the main team to perform the mission, its common sense to my characters send the spec forces team rather than the ex-terrorist/anarchist.

Am I right in thinking that you HAVE to send Kaliyo to do the mission with Jorgan as back-up? as if this is the case Jorgen will never be executed or exiled as all my characters would choose the send Havoc as the main team to perform the mission, its common sense to my characters send the spec forces team rather than the ex-terrorist/anarchist.

Yes. If you want to kill one of them you have to send the other in first and then tell them not to go in at the end of the chapter. If you give them permission to follow, it doesn't come up either.

all my characters has executed Kaliyo since none of them would want to recruit her to begine with, doing so is very OOC for all of them, so first chance I had I got rid of her. Of cause I would have prefered an option not to recruit her in the first place, I dont see a reason why any of the other members of the allience couldent come out of the woodwork and say, hi we maneged to get this intell anyway, or you could do the mission with her and then say "no you unstable anacist there isent a spot for you in the allience" but since none of those options were provided for us, killing her has to do

It is tempting to kill him, but by the same token. Jorgan is a bit of a hero to the Republic guys so if you kill him it puts you in a difficult situation. Whether you are an imperial or a pub, you are not going to look good. laying waste to Zakuul is one thing, but, killing your own... that's another.

I thnk it would depnd on your character. My assassin expects when she gives an order for it to be carried out. As far as Jorgan she only knows anything about him from Theran. Whether or not he is a hero to the Republic my assassin would not know that as that is not something she would have that much information about other than rumors. She puts little stock in rumors and to her when he disobeyed an order she would be setting an example, fail to obey an order and my punishment would be sift. She expect her orders to be carried out to the letter and if not she will deal swift justice for those not obeying her orders.

I just played Chapter 13 on my BH and ended up killing Kaliyo. I was wavering between that or putting them both on cleaning duty but decided to after I realized she'd probably still be a threat even if I did that. I can't imagine her taking that lying down. My Consular may have banished her, but risking her coming back to take revenge is not something my BH would allow. Forgiving her is out of the realm of possibility, I mean come on! She's a risk to the Alliance on either side. The clincher was that she was defiant to the last moment. Confidence is one thing, but if she's not going to be a team player and puts herself first, even given the stakes, she's a liability. The Alliance can't afford that. My BH didn't even give her a chance to make excuses. Like Jogo, she had a chance to back down, but didn't. It was her last mistake. Edited by h_weber

You're all missing an important point here: No matter what you choose or why, you are playing YOUR version of the story. But going on from there Bioware has to assume both companions are "dead to the game", because someone somewhere will have decided so. So after that chapter neither Aric nor Kaliyo will appear in the main story again. Yes, you can still send them on missions etc pp. But they won't "matter" anymore - you are practically divorced against your will (in case of romancing).

So, really, your decision did not matter.... like so many times before...

Edited by realArkira

You're all missing an important point here: No matter what you choose or why, you are playing YOUR version of the story. But going on from there Bioware has to assume both companions are "dead to the game", because someone somewhere will have decided so. So after that chapter neither Aric nor Kaliyo will appear in the main story again. Yes, you can still send them on missions etc pp. But they won't "matter" anymore - you are practically divorced against your will (in case of romancing).

So, really, your decision did not matter.... like so many times before...

I doubt that would be the case. They've gotten to the point where they're able to write different scenes depending on what your character has or has not done. If Aric or Kaliyo is dead, then you won't see them, but if they're alive then I'm sure you will.

Heck, look at Dragon Age. There's like 100 different factors of what you could have or didn't do in the game, and the game reacts to all of them. SWTOR is no different in that sense.

I doubt that would be the case. They've gotten to the point where they're able to write different scenes depending on what your character has or has not done. If Aric or Kaliyo is dead, then you won't see them, but if they're alive then I'm sure you will.

Heck, look at Dragon Age. There's like 100 different factors of what you could have or didn't do in the game, and the game reacts to all of them. SWTOR is no different in that sense.

Exactly. The one not killed is still shown as a main character, which means they still have an important part to play in the story. There's also the fact that a lot of the players put stock into the character romances. Hell, about half the threads on this forum are about that. If they were no longer addressed in the game, you can bet players would be even more upset than they are now about waiting for them

... I'm sure you will....

... and the game reacts to all of them. SWTOR is no different in that sense.

That's my point. The game COULD react to that - only they don't because it's all streamlined into One-Story-Fits-All. Tanno Vik is another example, though for good reasons (the voice actor died sadly in 2012). There are, however, 6 NPC's that were "thrust upon" you and I have a feeling they are meant to stick. All of them do not speak "basic", so no need for voice-acting (makes it all cheaper, doesn't it?) and there's an achievement for them, too.

But we will know soon, at the end of season 2 I guess, meaning summer next year...

That's my point. The game COULD react to that - only they don't because it's all streamlined into One-Story-Fits-All. Tanno Vik is another example, though for good reasons (the voice actor died sadly in 2012).

I disagree. All the companions that you meet react to you depending on who you are, what you've done, and how you treat them. Aric has different greetings depending on what class you are, and, as h_weber said:

The one not killed is still shown as a main character, which means they still have an important part to play in the story.

Plus, Tanno Vik was not a very popular character, and as you said, his voice actor died. So yes, for him it makes sense not to get him back. We will all have opportunities to get all the other companions back back though, it just depends on whether we want to go through the trouble of getting them all.

Hell, I haven't gotten Lokin, Qyzen, or Pierce/4X on any of my characters except for the toons whose crews they were a part of originally.

But my point is that your romances are going to stay important, even if you kill one of them off. They've planned for every option and choice, and we'll keep seeing that going ahead.

Edited by Yermog

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the question of whether to kill them is simple: Did they actually cause the failure of the mission, or did they salvage what they could?

Jorgan makes it sound like he would have won the fight if Kaliyo hadn't shown up and started throwing grenades, while Kaliyo acts like he would have died too if not for him.

So the question is: Did Kaliyo screw up the mission by charging in against orders, or did she genuinely save Jorgan after Havoc was overwhelmed? If she screwed the mission, she dies. If she saved Jorgan from an unwinnable situation, she lives. And I can't figure out which it was..I need advice here. (Exile isn't an option...she's too likely to sell me out.)

For me, the question of whether to kill them is simple: Did they actually cause the failure of the mission, or did they salvage what they could?

Jorgan makes it sound like he would have won the fight if Kaliyo hadn't shown up and started throwing grenades, while Kaliyo acts like he would have died too if not for him.

So the question is: Did Kaliyo screw up the mission by charging in against orders, or did she genuinely save Jorgan after Havoc was overwhelmed? If she screwed the mission, she dies. If she saved Jorgan from an unwinnable situation, she lives. And I can't figure out which it was..I need advice here. (Exile isn't an option...she's too likely to sell me out.)

One question which character is deciding this? If your agent go back to what she has done in the past and judge accordingly.

If not an agent, how has she acted with your character so far and does she seem to put what she wants ahead of everything else and then judge her actions that way.

One question which character is deciding this? If your agent go back to what she has done in the past and judge accordingly.

If not an agent, how has she acted with your character so far and does she seem to put what she wants ahead of everything else and then judge her actions that way.

I'm a pragmatic Inquisitor, and unfortunately the pragmatic answer seems to be "punish her if she caused the problem, forgive her if she didn't".