Can we get a blacklist option for 1 WZ at a time?

dontnerfmebro

For me it's arenas, I enjoy the others. More and more arenas keep popping during prime time (DM server), sorry but I don't enjoy them and won't play them anymore, so I leave the match and can't queue again on any character for a while. If there's nothing else I want to do in game, I just log out and rarely log back in that day. Your suggestion would help me to play the game when I want, in the way I want, without impacting other players through leaving.

Huttball is by far the most unfun PvP instance I've ever suffered through in over a decade of MMOs. I used to just leave then requeue on another character, but now with legacy lockout, that's no longer possible. Can we have the option to blacklist just 1 WZ at a time?

Yeah same...

I feel like vomiting every time I get lagball and I am forced to play it because maybe I don't want a " forced" 15 minute break for leaving...

Before the introduction of lockouts, I always left at the start so that I won't ruin the game for other people with my... rage anti hutball dps farming, but now I have no choice. I just hate it ... and I don't like how I am forced to play it.

The same goes for people who don't like arenas, I guess. We SHOULD be allowed to quit before the time out ends.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

For me it's arenas, I enjoy the others. More and more arenas keep popping during prime time (DM server), sorry but I don't enjoy them and won't play them anymore, so I leave the match and can't queue again on any character for a while. If there's nothing else I want to do in game, I just log out and rarely log back in that day. Your suggestion would help me to play the game when I want, in the way I want, without impacting other players through leaving.

If they are popping during prime time it means there aren’t enough people in the queue. Which doesn’t bode well for the health and longevity of pvp.

It might be time for BioWare to reconsider some of the recent changes to pvp which seems to be driving people away.

My suggestions

1. Revert back to a points system for a win / loss ratio in completing daily / weekly missions. It used to be a 2:1 ratio, which wasn’t enough of an incentive to win. So make the change, but make it 4:1 ratio so that people still progress even if they lose and there is still a strong incentive to win.

2. Reduce the lock out timer to 10 mins for leaving matches (down from 15 mins). This is important to reducing arena pops during prime time and also reduce queue times outside of prime time (which are getting longer since the lock out timer was introduced).

3. Add a points system towards completing pvp conquest achievements (like I’ve suggested for doing missions).

4. Totally get rid of the lock out for lowbies and mids (which pop far less than lvl 75 and are turning into ghost towns)

5. Get rid of legacy lock out for regs and only apply character lock outs for leaving matches. But keep legacy lock out in ranked.

As a returning player, I will express my opinion;

I love Huttball, and the objective based warzones, but the Deathmatch warzones are unfun,

I'm not brilliant at fighting, I don't have good gear or a great grasp of the arcane class combat mechanics (which seem to have only become more and more complex over time),

It would behoove the developers to encourage new PvP players to keep trying. In this regard they should, I feel, make gear a non-issue and disallow groups vs pugs.

I think it's important to retain group vs group because this friendship = good, so perhaps a bonus for being teamed while in PvP would be in order, to encourage leaders to step up and form teams.

I would love Huttball to be expanded, with leagues and such, but if it's "just another warzone", players aren't going to make further content, it needs to be a THING in it's own right. So allowing players to exclude other warzones is super super extra important.

TL;DR

Things I'd like to see;

• Make gear stats the same for everybody so all players feel welcome
  • Bonus for being grouped to encourage team play
  • No groups vs pugs - it's inevitable who will win
  • give grouped players a "there are enough pugs to play randomised team game" popup, so they aren't in a queue forever waiting for another group to play against (also pop this if groups are different sizes)
  • Allow players to select which warzones they want to play
  • Equalise reward for winning and losing - it should not matter in reward terms

Edited by svartalfimposter
TLDR

• 2 weeks later...
Huttball is by far the most unfun PvP instance I've ever suffered through in over a decade of MMOs. I used to just leave then requeue on another character, but now with legacy lockout, that's no longer possible. Can we have the option to blacklist just 1 WZ at a time?

Can the PvP population support that? What they need to do is undo the deserter debuff.

• 2 weeks later...
I just downloaded the game hoping this would be my main game only to find out arenas are in the warzone queues. I immediately canceled my subscription. I should have chosen the free to play option what a waste of money. If arenas get taken out of the WZ queues i'll be back but reading up on it this the problem goes way back. To bad i really wanted to play swtor.

I just downloaded the game hoping this would be my main game only to find out arenas are in the warzone queues. I immediately canceled my subscription. I should have chosen the free to play option what a waste of money. If arenas get taken out of the WZ queues i'll be back but reading up on it this the problem goes way back. To bad i really wanted to play swtor.

whats the problem with arenas? that the skill level of each player weighs more than in oter wzs?

even if you dont like them and you are bad at them.. they are over quick...

and whats your solution for pvp if there are not enough people in q?

this is one of the whiniest posts i have seen in a long time

whats the problem with arenas?

Class and spec imbalance? Stupid matchmaking system (still getting 1v4 from time to time lol)? Premades vs pugs? Class stacking? Trolls and throwers? Not specific arena problems ofc, but arenas suffer from those things the most.

Not that I agree with removing arenas from regs, to be honest, I like playing those (can't play ranked much because I don't main meta specs) but don't ask stupid questions pls lmao

Class and spec imbalance? Stupid matchmaking system (still getting 1v4 from time to time lol)? Premades vs pugs? Class stacking? Trolls and throwers? Not specific arena problems ofc, but arenas suffer from those things the most.

Not that I agree with removing arenas from regs, to be honest, I like playing those (can't play ranked much because I don't main meta specs) but don't ask stupid questions pls lmao

i still dont see a point.... if its so unbalanced at least its over quickly

i still dont see a point.... if its so unbalanced at least its over quickly

I think having some sort of filter for WZ is a good thing, I would also like to see solo and group unranked as separate queues, and Huttball should be only for groups, maybe a separate q as well with its own ranking system.