Restarting previous stories??

MajikMyst

Is there a way to replay old stories?? I notice that you can replay Both eternal throne stories using the chapter option?

What about all the rest?? Mekeb, Iokath, ect. ect,

If there is no way then there should be..

Thanks!!

I agree I loooove if you could the re-play the old stories. I would even role play with my friends or by myself, even have different mount, weapons,armor cosmetic looks depending in what part of the story I be! Not to mention the hours I would endless spent exploring all choices, dialog, romance and outcomes of EVERY CLASS to see the results at the end of the Eternal Throne Saga!

I still create new characters as I keep discovering more and more different bits of story that I like to play to add to my Legacy tree fro RPG reasons. But being able to do it with my Main would be just a dream come true! I have such good memories in does old quest with my main... that I wish to relive my my old vet characters!

Also it be great to expand the chapters system with the old stories as they keep adding new!

Yep the "Force of Nostalgia feels" is strong with me! haha lol :D

Edited by Zehal

Can someone point me to another MMORPG which lets you replay *anything* that isn't a dungeon or raid or recurring event quest?

(I suppose you can make a case about Guild Wars 1's "Missions", except that I'd mark them as the equivalent to e.g. replaying [sTORY] mode FPs.)

God I looove your cynic comments Steve it always make me smile. You do justice to your user name! lol :)

Ehem but GOD don't get me started on GW2 I STILL replay Living world stories in my mains constantly! I freaking love it replaying does specially after purchasing a new cosmetic or looks in store or in-game, for RPG reasons of course! haha :D

Justify.

Why *should* there be?

Because it is fun to go through the stories again.. You can play the eternal throne stories again.. Why not the other stories??

The other issue I have is if you play the stories out of order, you can't go back to the ones you missed..

I should be able to play the game the way I want in the order I want..

Either that or just not give your character the option to skip ahead..

Can someone point me to another MMORPG which lets you replay *anything* that isn't a dungeon or raid or recurring event quest?

(I suppose you can make a case about Guild Wars 1's "Missions", except that I'd mark them as the equivalent to e.g. replaying [sTORY] mode FPs.)

WOW allows you to skip.. And allows you to go back.. Nuff said.. :cool:

Because it is fun to go through the stories again.. You can play the eternal throne stories again.. Why not the other stories??

Because they didn't build them that way, and also, apparently, the original class stories are a tangled mess of untidy coding that would cost way more to rebuild to support replays than it could possibly be worth. It's especially not worth introducing a huge bug count into that content *just* to enable that.

The other issue I have is if you play the stories out of order, you can't go back to the ones you missed..

Because, as noted elsewhere, it's *one* story, not a bunch of separate stories.

I should be able to play the game the way I want in the order I want..

Either that or just not give your character the option to skip ahead..

Or, just, like, you know, don't take the option when it's offered?

Why not create a new character and play through with it? For variety choose the other subclass than the first you played for some different powers.

I can only speak for myself but I think the point of re-play is just reliving the story with that character... the sub classes does add a new feel for the class in combat, but last time I tried this I think it really docent change the story at all. (Playing with a Jedi Consular this time around instead with my Jedi Shadow).

Taking different decisions might... but I think its more of a nostalgia entertainment just like when you rent a old movie you like a lot with does old characters again because you miss how good it was vs the newer sequels. ;)

Also there is a pay wall in the cosmetic or cartel merchandise when making new characters that anything you gain with your main is lock... so your alts don't benefit at all from your investments/purchases with other characters so you can show of your cool cosmetics or looks in does cool in-cinematic... at least for newer players, vet players are so crazy rich both in credits and cartel coins they don't worry about anything like that or even being sub to the game anymore. lol

However this is my personal take on the re-play issue vs create a new character...

Anyway the Devs have reason why it cant be done... apparently it has to do with the original coding or something like that... and even though there been rumor to try form time to time... apparently its something not likely to ever happen and the way it sounds it would take a miracle.

Edited by Zehal

It's been long enough since I played the character arcs as I'm replaying I had forgotten what happened in a few instances and get to enjoy it again. It's certainly familiar, but it feels fresh enough. Also helps I am playing the other subclass, so the game play part is different too. Choosing different dialogues work. I can't let my Jedi go dark, but they can be more playful and snarky. My Trooper and Scoundrel can make dark choices now occasionally. My original Empire characters are Anti-Hero almost good guys. Now I'm playing them heavier dark, though I have passed on the few cases where in my opinion it's just too evil. I suppose at some point I'll become bored with the game, but I haven't reached it yet. Edited by Hadsil