You guys ruined PvP and made the game a chore

Crazykidddd

Not only is the endgame gear very expensive, but it requires us to either spam over and over the same flashpoints endlessly or to spend HOURS playing warzone after warzone hoping that you get a team that tries as hard as you to win so you could finish daily/weekly and get a measly couple hundred tech frags.

It's disgusting and needs to change.

Please allow us to receive normal rewards even without a win, and make winning a warzone x2 rewards and count x2 for weeklies.

Right now you are causing players who want the rewards to rage quit matches when its a clear loss and cause other to join late and also generally making PvP a very toxic place due to the frustration of having to deal with ppl who are already fully geared wanting nothing else but to farm.

I'm waiting on a miracle that this gets seen and accomplished.

Not only is the endgame gear very expensive, but it requires us to either spam over and over the same flashpoints endlessly or to spend HOURS playing warzone after warzone hoping that you get a team that tries as hard as you to win so you could finish daily/weekly and get a measly couple hundred tech frags.

Please allow us to receive normal rewards even without a win, and make winning a warzone x2 rewards and count x2 for weeklies.

Right now you are causing players who want the rewards to rage quit matches when its a clear loss and cause other to join late and also generally making PvP a very toxic place due to the frustration of having to deal with ppl who are already fully geared wanting nothing else but to farm.

While I agree the current system is bad, the old 2:1 win loss ratio was too small.

I agree they should bring back the win : lose points system, but it should be 4:1 to encourage people to try to win instead of purposely sitting in the corner and still getting rewards.

Making it 4:1 ratio means they would need to sit through 40 losses to get the weekly done and there are better ways in the game to get rewards than doing that. But at least if you lose from no fault of your own you would get something towards getting your missions done.

They can decide a way to make it worth it for ppl to seek a win, however a loss should still count towards the weekly, otherwise we're right back to where we started. having to go through 40 losses when 10 wins would suffice is basically no better than where we are now.

Maybe make 2:1 like before but with added boxes of gear for a win or something, or more tech frags per win (i dont even know if warzones even offer straight up frags). Point is there are tons of ways of making a win very appealing, but it shouldn't be to the point where it will cause frustration to the ones trying to get wins but getting stuck with bad teams.

They can decide a way to make it worth it for ppl to seek a win, however a loss should still count towards the weekly, otherwise we're right back to where we started. having to go through 40 losses when 10 wins would suffice is basically no better than where we are now.

Maybe make 2:1 like before but with added boxes of gear for a win or something, or more tech frags per win (i dont even know if warzones even offer straight up frags). Point is there are tons of ways of making a win very appealing, but it shouldn't be to the point where it will cause frustration to the ones trying to get wins but getting stuck with bad teams.

2:1 was never a good enough incentive. But BioWare didn’t bother testing other ratios, they just went for the nuclear option of wins only.

IMO, 2:1 is not enough and returning to it would mean people still wouldn’t play to win. Maybe 4:1 is too much and maybe 3:1 would be enough to encourage. But we will never know if BioWare isn’t willing to experiment with the ratio to see what works.

I can’t see anyone losing 40 straight matches. Even the worst players are going to occasionally get good players to carry them.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What about putting in a chance for those new mats if you are on the winning team? Like one person at random gets the mat for crafting 306 gear.

That won’t happen because BioWare are actually removing them from solo ranked because they want to use them as a sole incentive to play group ranked.

Maybe that will change when BioWare see that even that won’t make many more people play group ranked.

You can thank this wonderful community...

They've been complaining about leavers and how they should get que locked , also they complained that ppl aren't trying.

Bioware listened and made the changes. Now they complain cause they don't like it. :D We are stuck in endless hutball and voidstar pops ...:D

Best way is to not care about PVP more than necessary in a PVE game, because everyone knows devs focus in heavily directed in other areas of the game that have a lot more activity going on.

Y everyone knows devs focus in heavily directed in other areas of the game that have a lot more activity going on.

yeah. and not even end game pve. cosmetics and singe-player/companion story. I mean...it's really good at those things. I'm not gonna lie. but...well...meh. on the plus side, once you learn your spec's roto in this game, it's good for like 5 years minimum before BW makes any changes to it.

:cool:

yeah. and not even end game pve. cosmetics and singe-player/companion story. I mean...it's really good at those things. I'm not gonna lie. but...well...meh. on the plus side, once you learn your spec's roto in this game, it's good for like 5 years minimum before BW makes any changes to it.

:cool:

Well , they had that live stream last december ? Pretty long one and not a single mention about PVP, despite the forums being full of threads asking for some changes.

And then you had ppl complaining about how certain guilds abuse conquest , especially on DM and guess what ? Got instant change in lest than one month.

At that point I gave up . Just enjoy the game. It's a game after all.

Nerf this, buff that ... this has been going for how many years and we are still nowhere . Some classes wreck others with , 3, 4 hits and others get nuked within seconds,they are so bad . Guess this will never change. It's a matter of " who's time is it to be FOTM "

Maybe that will change when BioWare see that even that won’t make many more people play group ranked.

But more people are already queing group ranked already. Matt farmers are in que on SF practically throughout the whole day.

You need to realize that by queing 1 game against these matt farmers, it's a 50mill payout along with more gear than one week of regs wins can give you. If you are looking for gear and rewards, literally just que group ranked. And trust me, if you play regs in the slightest you will be able to beat these matt farmers.

But people are so scared of losing and toxicity that they don't even bother trying to que. Fear of toxicity and getting flamed is not an excuse, however, because you get to chose your own team and teammates. If you don't like your teammates... literally ditch them and find a new team. And who knows, maybe along the way people might learn from playing in arenas or against better players, instead of the same subaverage skill level in regs.

Edited by septru

But more people are already queing group ranked already. Matt farmers are in que on SF practically throughout the whole day.

You need to realize that by queing 1 game against these matt farmers, it's a 50mill payout along with more gear than one week of regs wins can give you. If you are looking for gear and rewards, literally just que group ranked. And trust me, if you play regs in the slightest you will be able to beat these matt farmers.

But people are so scared of losing and toxicity that they don't even bother trying to que. Fear of toxicity and getting flamed is not an excuse, however, because you get to chose your own team and teammates. If you don't like your teammates... literally ditch them and find a new team. And who knows, maybe along the way people might learn from playing in arenas or against better players, instead of the same subaverage skill level in regs.

While I agree with what you are saying, you missed one important aspect. You have to win to actually get the mat reward. There is no participation trophy.

So what happens is 2-3 good teams farm all the mat farmers and they don’t actually get any mats because they aren’t good enough to be in ranked to start with.

This then leads to the dreaded wintrading and players being reported for not being good enough. Of course the mat farmers don’t care about rating, they just trade wins so they can get the mats. The actual ranked players don’t care because they get to farm players who’ve no chance of winning and they get the mats the farmers were actually after.

It won’t take the mat farmers long to realise they are wasting their time if they can’t win and start to WinTrade. At which point they’ll start getting reported and banned or queue locked.

This system only favours the top teams and nobody else. It’s doomed to failure before it even starts if the desired out come is to reinvigorate group ranked pvp.

While I agree with what you are saying, you missed one important aspect. You have to win to actually get the mat reward. There is no participation trophy.

So what happens is 2-3 good teams farm all the mat farmers and they don’t actually get any mats because they aren’t good enough to be in ranked to start with.

This then leads to the dreaded wintrading and players being reported for not being good enough. Of course the mat farmers don’t care about rating, they just trade wins so they can get the mats. The actual ranked players don’t care because they get to farm players who’ve no chance of winning and they get the mats the farmers were actually after.

It won’t take the mat farmers long to realise they are wasting their time if they can’t win and start to WinTrade. At which point they’ll start getting reported and banned or queue locked.

This system only favours the top teams and nobody else. It’s doomed to failure before it even starts if the desired out come is to reinvigorate group ranked pvp.

^ This needs to be seen by the devs and something needs to be done, I would love to queue group ranked, it's unfortunate they are keeping basically all the rewards for the elite teams, makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by Crazykidddd

On Darth Malgus more people are clearly not queing team ranked anymore because there is little reason to do so. You get farmed by try hard elite teams that are in que 24/7 . If you dont' win, you get nothing...

So if I make a decent team, I have to hope that there is mat farmers in que or some other team trying to have some games in order to have a chance at winning. Que dodging tryhards sometimes takes long and you wait 30 or more mins to get a decent game. Otherwise you just lose.

This team ranked system is just garbage and just favors 1% of the quers that collected over 14 bil credits due to mats and have kept the price of new augments at 500 mil / piece. Is that normal to you ? I doubt devs intended this and if they haven't forseen it, it's just sad.

Season 9-10 was perfect for team ranked because everyone got what they were after, but as usual, this wonderful community of 5 players from the forums demanded mats to be removed , becuz it's not competitive . :D Which lead to the instant death of team ranked. It's not like it's more alive today. But if you listen to 5 ppl on the forums that speak up for the entire community that's what you get.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

On Darth Malgus more people are clearly not queing team ranked anymore because there is little reason to do so. You get farmed by try hard elite teams that are in que 24/7 . If you dont' win, you get nothing...

you say that like they're doing something wrong. the format doesn't exist for mediocre players to farm mats. or maybe it does. BW is weird.

you say that like they're doing something wrong. the format doesn't exist for mediocre players to farm mats. or maybe it does. BW is weird.

Where did I say that I farm mats ? I wasn't even talking about mat farmers. There are decent teams not for the mats, but they get stomped and they quit queing. ;) The idea is to get an enemy that is close to your level , but that won't be always the case.

Very true. In fact, this is the reason that many players including myself have begged Chris to remove or change the no wins - no rewards requirement. But Chris doesn't seem likely to bend on this. It's not going to change anytime soon... but honestly I don't think it has to.

The rewards are literally so high, that just one win is enough for most players. One win gets you 50 million credits, lots of ranked tokens, and more tech frags and matts than you can get from 1 week of regs. And I honestly believe all teams can get one win at some point throughout the night. On Star Forge just last night, there were 5 matt farm teams in que and 3 more competitive teams. Eventually the matt farm teams will play against each other, and one team will beat the other. Obviously if you are a matt farm team, you aren't going to win all your games. And nor do I believe you should. Better teams will win more games, that is just simple PvP. But all teams eventually win something.

I would love to queue group ranked, it's unfortunate they are keeping basically all the rewards for the elite teams, makes absolutely no sense.

To the matt farmers out there: Keep queing group ranked. You might lose most of your games, but if you try to get better you will win more of your games. Matts are not leaving group ranked anytime soon, so keep trying to win. Ask yourself what the other teams are doing to win. Maybe it's the fact that they have a tank and a healer? Maybe they are using different abilities? Ask the other team for tips.

To the regs players out there: Que group ranked. There are plenty of games you will win, and plenty of games you will lose. Get your premade, get your friends, get any players that you have seen from regs. You can literally just say "Hey. I've seen you in regs a lot. You are really good. Want to que group ranked with me?"

To the solo ranked players out there: Que group ranked. Season has ended. You don't need to worry about your elo. You don't need to worry about your ego. Get 3 other people you have met from solo ranked, and make a team.

Literally everyone wins from queing group ranked. And at least on Star Forge, group ranked has been popping at almost all times of the day thanks to matt farmers. With the season ending, there is no better time to que. Make a team and type in gen chat "team in que for group ranked."

Edited by septru

Where did I say that I farm mats ? I wasn't even talking about mat farmers. There are decent teams not for the mats, but they get stomped and they quit queing. ;) The idea is to get an enemy that is close to your level , but that won't be always the case.

fair. I misread b/c the topic of the thread is about not being able to complete the quests for mats/resources. but that isn't what you were on about.

your issue was also an issue for 8v8 ranked. it's a shame they didn't make these super servers when interest in rated pvp was high (like before they announced transfers). it would've been better than x-server.

Imagine having to put time, skill, and effort into accomplishing things....

No one is saying not to, and players who are great at PvP find it fun. Where I and many other people have a problem is that no matter how much effort you put in, you can't always carry a team of 8 on your back to get the win you need for the rewards, which are already very lackluster compared to pve. On top of that, even if you want to argue that getting bad teams and losing is part of the experience, it doesn't change that having to deal with those teams and coming out with nothing at the end of it is very frustrating, not to mention that most people don't have the time to play all day, and when they do come online to play, they are trying to enjoy themselves.

Again, I understand that they're not about to just start handing gear out for free, but for those of us who only enjoy PvP, the system in place atm renders getting gear through PvP a long nightmare, and the alternative of running the same flashpoints endlessly multiplied by the amount of toons a person has, is way past the standard of putting in time, skill and effort that you are suggesting, it is just abhorrently long and tedious and makes gearing in the game a very painful chore that gets in the way of us being able to just enjoy the game.

No one is saying not to, and players who are great at PvP find it fun. Where I and many other people have a problem is that no matter how much effort you put in, you can't always carry a team of 8 on your back to get the win you need for the rewards, which are already very lackluster compared to pve. On top of that, even if you want to argue that getting bad teams and losing is part of the experience, it doesn't change that having to deal with those teams and coming out with nothing at the end of it is very frustrating, not to mention that most people don't have the time to play all day, and when they do come online to play, they are trying to enjoy themselves.

Again, I understand that they're not about to just start handing gear out for free, but for those of us who only enjoy PvP, the system in place atm renders getting gear through PvP a long nightmare, and the alternative of running the same flashpoints endlessly multiplied by the amount of toons a person has, is way past the standard of putting in time, skill and effort that you are suggesting, it is just abhorrently long and tedious and makes gearing in the game a very painful chore that gets in the way of us being able to just enjoy the game.

learn to deal with it... after all, this is what the pvp community made of 5 ppl on these forums have asked for . create incentives for go for wins and deal with quitters. all this non stop crying over unranked is just annoying .

regs is garbage . what is so hard to understand ? It's full of random noobs who get teamed up vs veteran premades . There is nothing Bioware can do about these bads who end up at 75 , and don't even know what interrupt is . Bioware killed off lowbie PVP , there is no point doing it and made the game super easy . Your companion can do everything for you, while you are out walking your dog . This has results in players unaware of how to properly use their classes both offensively and especially defensively . Compared to 4.0 era when started out, this current unranked ist just a clown fiesta and I don't see this changing anytime soon.

What needs to change asap is the removal of this WIN ONLY thing and the removal of lock out timers. Sorry Bioware, I just don't feel like playing your horrible hutball 4 times in a row. Nor do I want to play 3 voidstars ...

Gives us option to pick maps or remove this nonsense .

Sorry Bioware, I just don't feel like playing your horrible hutball 4 times in a row. Nor do I want to play 3 voidstars ...

Gives us option to pick maps or remove this nonsense .

If they're not going to put better effort into varying which warzone maps pop, they could at least let us know what map the pop is before we take or decline it. As they do for FP's and Raids, which they seem to be trying to make the PvP queue more similar to, with rules like lockout timers for leaving early, and only the group leader can queue.

The only thing that needs to be added to 75 regs is compulsive change of warzone afrer you finish. That means you can't go 2 of the same warzones in a row. Don't know how it can be implemeted though, due to difficulty with tech.

The 15 min cd after you quit should stay.

Everything else is fine and the whining is just bloated air.

The mats reward for group ranked should obviously be removed and make 1 cost 10k tech fragments. At least make the the same reward for solo ranked. Pushing people to group ranked that would not otherwise do it to win what is essentially a pve item is just bad and cringe worthy design.

Edited by Kaedusz