Fun SOA bug that we haven't seen yet...

Let me guess!!!!!

BioWare coders say it's a network problem, the Network team says something's wrong with the servers. The guys managing the servers say it's a problem with the code.

That's all i'm seeing. How can EV still be bugged after 3 months out? work your *** and fix it??

edit: coming from a guild that's tired of having bugs working against us EVERY raiding nights.

we downed SOA on hard-mode with 2 pylons that wouldn't break the shield. We had two players left alive.

Edited by Thekze

Not a new bug.... for a company on their first MMo they are not doing bad. Nowhere teh disaster MC and ZG was for months than I care to remember.

lol, you can't expect these new MMO players to remember the huge pack of bugs that was MC for the first 2-3 months....

Of course, now that I said they were new, they'll all claim to have played MMOs back since forever...but somehow they expected the first tier of content to be bug free?!?

Hell, look at brand new content in WoW...you guys can go read the great "review" paragon gave of the Sinestra fight, where Blizzard was hotfixing bugs and drastically changing the fight WHILE they were fighting her....just small things, like adds becoming immune and then un-immune to cc, attacks changing damage types, spawn locations changing...

As of yet, BW hasn't hotfixed a fight while a guild was trying to learn it...So I give BW at least some credit.

Not a new bug.... for a company on their first MMo they are not doing bad. Nowhere teh disaster MC and ZG was for months than I care to remember.

....This is the most expensive game in history and a major bug that's been well known with EV for months hasn't been fixed? That is completely unacceptable.

....This is the most expensive game in history and a major bug that's been well known with EV for months hasn't been fixed? That is completely unacceptable.

Be my guest I am sure if you know the fix it would take; BW would let you code it. For all we know, the encounter becomes broken due to a choice in it. Funmy hpow some stuff has been fixed and other not ... just saying.

lol, you can't expect these new MMO players to remember the huge pack of bugs that was MC for the first 2-3 months....

Of course, now that I said they were new, they'll all claim to have played MMOs back since forever...but somehow they expected the first tier of content to be bug free?!?

Hell, look at brand new content in WoW...you guys can go read the great "review" paragon gave of the Sinestra fight, where Blizzard was hotfixing bugs and drastically changing the fight WHILE they were fighting her....just small things, like adds becoming immune and then un-immune to cc, attacks changing damage types, spawn locations changing...

As of yet, BW hasn't hotfixed a fight while a guild was trying to learn it...So I give BW at least some credit.

Actually I give Blizzard more credit there, considering they were paying attention to the people doing the fight and fixing it as it was happening rather than just letting it fly like Bioware has for 4 months.

Edited by Maoxx

Pvp first than pve! And pvp is still crap. Another night of wiping on soa. Thx to bugs. Maybe we'll oneshot him tommorow, to wipe again next week. Giving 1.2 a try if it's still like that i'm gone together with the rest of the guild.

Actually I give Blizzard more credit there, considering they were paying attention to the people doing the fight and fixing it as it was happening rather than just letting it fly like Bioware has for 4 months.

uh huh...just ask paragon how much they enjoyed the fight changing MID fight & between EVERY attempt. They would have preferred if the whole server went down and didn't come back up until after the encounter was fixed (they actually said that btw).

Let me guess!!!!!

BioWare coders say it's a network problem, the Network team says something's wrong with the servers. The guys managing the servers say it's a problem with the code.

That's all i'm seeing. How can EV still be bugged after 3 months out? work your *** and fix it??

edit: coming from a guild that's tired of having bugs working against us EVERY raiding nights.

we downed SOA on hard-mode with 2 pylons that wouldn't break the shield. We had two players left alive.

Nope, I'm sure the response would be working as intended.

Be my guest I am sure if you know the fix it would take; BW would let you code it. For all we know, the encounter becomes broken due to a choice in it. Funmy hpow some stuff has been fixed and other not ... just saying.

Why are you people still defending this botched operation? I just don't understand. If new bugs pop up, whatever. But the exsisting bugs have been there a while.

Oh wait, nevermind, we are getting taun-taun mini pets, we don't need working operations.

Why are you people still defending this botched operation? I just don't understand. If new bugs pop up, whatever. But the exsisting bugs have been there a while.

Oh wait, nevermind, we are getting taun-taun mini pets, we don't need working operations.

I don't defend BW, I just compare it to other brand new MMOs. In comparison, this game is more stable & less buggy than WoW was at this point (btw, operations actually work...WoW didn't have "working" raids for over 2 months).

That's not to say that I think this game will be great in a few months...I am not sure of the direction that the dev's are going in 1.2, but at the very least I'll wait around and see what happens when the patch goes live.

People who are unsubbing because of PTS patch notes (when they haven't even played on the PTS) are just being...silly.

We had this same bug on our normal alt gearing run tonight. We did reset but it bugged on 2nd attempt as well and we didn't feel like trying again.

It's just unbelievable how EV can be so bugged after all this time. Last three EV runs and we've finished only one: 1st time he always had a stack of power orbs even though we broke all the pylons while jumping (did 3 resets and it bugged the same every time) and tonight he just kept floating before the last phase.

Did Nightmare EV tonight, had 2 guys switching mains so they wanted Infernal title on the new toons. **** died. No bugs beyond the double shock from lightning balls...endurance flasks for the low health people solved that issue. Don't move Soa too far onto the rocky area in p3, shields break without issues. Hell we even had the omglolololsobroken pylon thing where the top wheel was solved for us. We turned it left, then right making sure south solved first every time like every other week. Zero issues.

I don't defend BW, I just compare it to other brand new MMOs. In comparison, this game is more stable & less buggy than WoW was at this point (btw, operations actually work...WoW didn't have "working" raids for over 2 months).

That's not to say that I think this game will be great in a few months...I am not sure of the direction that the dev's are going in 1.2, but at the very least I'll wait around and see what happens when the patch goes live.

People who are unsubbing because of PTS patch notes (when they haven't even played on the PTS) are just being...silly.

Stop comparing it to any other game and just look at what BIOWARE is doing(or in this case not doing).

I know for a fact that Eternity Vault has been in the game since an August beta build because there was a bug on the Republic side where a few groups actually got into the operation before it was intended to be tested by the public(I was in one of these groups that did see it in August). So it is safe to assume that Eternity Vault has been at least in internal testing since August, maybe even before that. I find it extremely hard to believe that they have even tested these raids prior to launch/the VERY end of beta when they officially opened them up to general testing as the raid has been "in game" for over 7 months now and these bugs on Soa STILL happen. Granted Eternity Vault was a lot bugger back in August(Gharj killed himself for my group by having one of his platforms fall on his head or something when we entered his room) from the little I saw of it but to still have bugs that can easily cause wipes happen 7 months down the road is just ridiculous.

Did Nightmare EV tonight, had 2 guys switching mains so they wanted Infernal title on the new toons. **** died. No bugs beyond the double shock from lightning balls...endurance flasks for the low health people solved that issue. Don't move Soa too far onto the rocky area in p3, shields break without issues. Hell we even had the omglolololsobroken pylon thing where the top wheel was solved for us. We turned it left, then right making sure south solved first every time like every other week. Zero issues.

Sounds like you had a lot of issues, you just had workarounds for all of them. At this point you need to know the workarounds for the bugs more than the actual fight mechanics as the bugs are the things that cause wipes, not the mechanics.

This has happened two my guild twice. It happens when you wipe and not every member of the instance waits a minute or so after the wipe before re-entering. It has something to do with lingering mind traps and it causes the boss just to never actually land. We've discovered that if you die on SOA or have ANYONE die on SOA and you battle rez them; this happens. Your best bet to avoid it is to either - kill him in one shot, do not battle rez anyone until he lands, or to stay out of the instance for at least a minute after the wipe. Reported the bug each time this occurred. Truly, it needs to be fixed.

Sounds like you had a lot of issues, you just had workarounds for all of them. At this point you need to know the workarounds for the bugs more than the actual fight mechanics as the bugs are the things that cause wipes, not the mechanics.

Nowhere near the issues people claim they run into all the time though. The workarounds are simple, especially for pylons. As for Soa, we never have any issues with him despawning, not coming down, etc. Probably only seen a couple shields not break in almost 3 months. Literally the only issue we've had to deal with is the lightning balls giving an extra shock along with the explosion, and we solved it with a simple to make endurance consumable. We haven't seen floor pieces missing in 2 months. There just isn't anywhere near the randomness people make this fight/zone out to have.