Anti mob farming?

SwigMcJigger

This happened to me while leveling.

I was killing this champion who was 1 level higher than I was - a pretty good challenge. But I had a good strat, and was able to kite him around. To be honest, the group of 2 elites and 1 strong that protected him was harder for me to take down.

Anyway, I was having a blast killing him, content to take a little less XP/hour at the expensive of a real challenge, plus some blue drops.

Then after the 4/5th kill, the drops turned from blues to greens. To be honest I don't recall if the XP went down as well, but I am positive the loot table changes. 100% sure.

Apparently they don't want to encourage people killing the same mob over and over.

This happened to me while leveling.

I was killing this champion who was 1 level higher than I was - a pretty good challenge. But I had a good strat, and was able to kite him around. To be honest, the group of 2 elites and 1 strong that protected him was harder for me to take down.

Anyway, I was having a blast killing him, content to take a little less XP/hour at the expensive of a real challenge, plus some blue drops.

Then after the 4/5th kill, the drops turned from blues to greens. To be honest I don't recall if the XP went down as well, but I am positive the loot table changes. 100% sure.

Apparently they don't want to encourage people killing the same mob over and over.

Ok, but I have killed him 3 times now for zero xp and zero loot. I've heard rumors of something like this but didn't think it would be true since a lot of people (myself included) love farming stuff like this.

Ok, but I have killed him 3 times now for zero xp and zero loot. I've heard rumors of something like this but didn't think it would be true since a lot of people (myself included) love farming stuff like this.

Its intentional. My guess is to prevent people from just afking on the spawn and allowing companions to kill the mob overnight for xp.

It seems to only work against open world mobs though. You can run through flashpoints multiple times without running into it. Though that may just be a time issue. Much harder to farm a FP boss quickly than a world champion spawn.

Yea, so how many times have you killed him?

Basically, I killed my mob 5-6 times and got serious diminishing returns, then stopped. Maybe once you've killed him 10/20/30 times he stops giving XP.

Exactly 5 times and then I hit a wall of zero returns. I killed 3 more times now and zero.

I've gone and killed other mobs and get xp/loot just fine.

I hope to get a real answer from a CSR because if true this will be bad.

Edited by SwigMcJigger

I have come across this.

You have to kill other mobs first then kill your champion mob again and he'll drop loot properly.

So kill your champion, go kill trash while waiting for respawns then kill the champion again.

I'm guessing it's an anti-camping measure.

I have come across this.

You have to kill other mobs first then kill your champion mob again and he'll drop loot properly.

So kill your champion, go kill trash while waiting for respawns then kill the champion again.

I'm guessing it's an anti-camping measure.

I tried that, didn't work. :/