Purple Crafted Earpieces/Implants Display & Act As Green Upon 3rd Party Inspect

revcrisis

Bug:

When inspecting someone other than yourself, purple level 54 crafted earpieces and implants are displayed as green upon character inspect. However, the said person is actually wearing a purple version of the item. It only looks green to you. The stats to the person inspecting look like green stats. The person who is wearing the item, benefits from the full purple stats with no loss to expertise.

Dev team reproduction of bug:

Equip a crafted purple level 54 implant or earpiece. Ask another co-worker to inspect you. They will see a green version with green stats, even though you have a purple version equipped.

Solution:

Fix the implants and earpieces to lower the expertise on purples. Currently, the bolster system thinks that the item is a level 54 green, which is why there is no expertise hit.

Edited by revcrisis

After buying many implants and earpieces last night on a few characters , I noticed that when I got them in my mailbox the stats where from lower level items , but when i took them out they where back to the high level ones I purchased , phew. It's a bit off putting though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

After buying many implants and earpieces last night on a few characters , I noticed that when I got them in my mailbox the stats where from lower level items , but when i took them out they where back to the high level ones I purchased , phew. It's a bit off putting though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Exactly. The system thinks that you have green implants/earpiece but only when you put it into your inventory and equip it do you see that it's purple. Consequently, when you enter a warzone, bolster thinks you have greens on, when in fact you have the much superior version of purple implants/ear.

Edited by revcrisis

well those 54 things are not worth it they are **** if you are crafting then craft the lvl 53 one they are the best ones at this point but that bug is there on a lot of stuff

Wrong. The Veracity implants are BiS at this point, at least for Shadow tanks. I did use one of the 53 implants as learned from the schematic sold by the Basic Commendations vendor next to the Crew Skills vendor on the fleet, but the Veracity ones have significantly better mitigation stats.

Inspecting will often show the correct name but the item still shows as green.

Edited by Ancaglon