Why was Boarding Party FP changed?

NO. to each their own, if thats how people wanna make credits then let them. Personally I hate dailies and would rather.

In the end were still talking about video game money right?? Who cares

high reward with no risk?

thats why they changed it

I have to agree with OP, put it back the way it was, please. If rebels don't have an equivalent then give them one. This is no different than people running Scarlet Monastery in World of Warcraft for fast money. Sometimes you simply can't find a group so you can't progress reliably with level 50 FPs (at least on my server it's impossible). Let us have our speeders in Flashpoints not just so we can farm credits when we get bored to buy better gear, but because some people prefer to do speed runs for social points and affection gain as well. If you look at the prices gold farmers are spamming your mailbox with, things haven't changed since speeders were taken out of there, prices are the same. It doesn't matter to bots that FPs take longer to complete. It does matter to the real player who's only trying to advance their toons.

You don't see anything wrong with the fastest way to farm credits being soloing a mid-level flashpoint? You don't see anything wrong with the fact that Imps have an easy access, no challenge way to farm credits that Republic didn't have access to? (Taral V farming is extremely inefficient)

You have in your sig toons on both sides of the civil war. Did you not know you can mail credits/items to your alts in the other factions? That's how I was supporting my rebels.

Kinda sad this was a way for me to make money without the painfully boring daily grind. Then again the BP grind was pretty boring too. But at least I could just let my mind go blank and listen to some music lol.

really wish they would increase credit rewards for doing Ops though. Progression can get expensive :( and I dont always have time to login and do dailies >.<

Dailies didn't take long at all, you could easily do all the Belsavis/Ilum dailies in roughly an hour or so.

You have in your sig toons on both sides of the civil war. Did you not know you can mail credits/items to your alts in the other factions? That's how I was supporting my rebels.

First of all it is the Alliance, not rebels. Second as far as I know it is only possible to send mails to you alts on the other faction since 1.2

Does it matter? All playing both sides does is make me realize how much easier Imps get everything. Not everyone has the benefit of having toons on both sides. In any case, my Pub and Imp 50s are on different servers.

One example - My Operative started HM Operations two weeks after turning level 50 and was in full Rakata a month after turning 50. My Scoundrel just got her first piece of Rakata two months after turning 50.

Either way, it still doesn't make much sense that the most efficient way of farming money is doing an Imp-only mid-level flashpoint.

Edited by hulkweazel

Wish I had known u could make that much from Boarding Party - Reg. I typically make about 100k per hour doing dailies X 4 level 50's. At your rate of 140-160k per hour I would've been much better off. Plus there's no chance of dying and can be done multiple times over and over.

Anyone else have any good money making lowbie dungeon run ideas for that kind of credit return?

I'll never tell. Why would I be so greedy and not say a word about my various methods of credit gain, you might ask? Simply this: I don't want to wake up to a patch to discover they have nerfed my methods into uselessness.

Edited by Prenavo
grammer

• 1 year later...
I didn't reach level 50 and find out about BP until after it was nerfed but I can still farm about 100k per hour even with no speeder and fewer chests. So I can still earn about as much as some people do from dailies, and that's when I simply vendor all of the drops, purple, orange, trash, all of it to get the cash instantly. So it may have been nerfed but it can still be profitable. I also fight just the bosses and NPCs who drop planet comms. I can get 30-40k creds, 6 planet comms, 72 affection with Jaesa, and 100 dark side at about 20 minutes per run.

I didn't reach level 50 and find out about BP until after it was nerfed but I can still farm about 100k per hour even with no speeder and fewer chests. So I can still earn about as much as some people do from dailies, and that's when I simply vendor all of the drops, purple, orange, trash, all of it to get the cash instantly. So it may have been nerfed but it can still be profitable. I also fight just the bosses and NPCs who drop planet comms. I can get 30-40k creds, 6 planet comms, 72 affection with Jaesa, and 100 dark side at about 20 minutes per run.

Thank you for bumping a year and a half old thread for absolutely no reason at all. Your contribution is appreciated. Please continue to aid the forums in such a manner.