Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

You're responding like a uninformed little child. That's not at all what he said. If you have to put words in someone's mouth in order to get upset at something, your'e trying too hard.

Stop it.

It is what be said....learn to comprehend.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the worst cop-out in gear customization ever designed for MMO's.

because selling good looking gear for real money instead of making it droppable, isn't a cop-out.

*your skill at talking out both sides of your mouth has improved! (401/400)*

A fix to make everyone happy seems rather simple to me.

Create a NPC vendor on fleet called "Sori Formistak" and have him utilize the PVP vendor system that requires the shell of say WH gear to be traded in for EWH.

Make the now fixed versions of the armor tradable in for the "bugged"versions you make as separate "MK-2" variations of the gear, obviously without the added comms price.

Presto, whoever wants to have the old look can simply turn the fixed gear in. Whoever likes the new look doesn't.

Everybody is happy and people actually like you cos the NPC name shows you can man up to your mistakes and take/make a joke at your own expense.

A fix to make everyone happy seems rather simple to me.

Create a NPC vendor on fleet called "Sori Formistak" and have him utilize the PVP vendor system that requires the shell of say WH gear to be traded in for EWH.

Make the now fixed versions of the armor tradable in for the "bugged"versions you make as separate "MK-2" variations of the gear, obviously without the added comms price.

Presto, whoever wants to have the old look can simply turn the fixed gear in. Whoever likes the new look doesn't.

Everybody is happy and people actually like you cos the NPC name shows you can man up to your mistakes and take/make a joke at your own expense.

That's what many people suggested since the very first minutes this happened. This system is already ingame with other piece of equipment (like top tier PvP), how difficult can it be???

That's what many people suggested since the very first minutes this happened. This system is already ingame with other piece of equipment (like top tier PvP), how difficult can it be???

I support this as well.

Though you know that people will still complain having to re-augment these items, as you would with War Hero gear. So possibly, Bioware is checking first if they can offer the trade with augment slots?

I support this as well.

Though you know that people will still complain having to re-augment these items, as you would with War Hero gear. So possibly, Bioware is checking first if they can offer the trade with augment slots?

Just make the swapped gear come with an augment sot. This way your only loss is the augment extraction (to be done prior to swapping).

Edited by Malderak

Please do not change Phantom chest! I finally have look of my BH which I would like to keep!

B.R.

Leigabar

That's great and all - but you're terrible at taking screenshots. Here's a tip, when you're screenshotting your char and she's wearing dark colors, don't stand in front of a dark wall. Find a well lit area, with contrasting colors, so you stand out. Can't see your toon at all in there, except for maybe the legs and the outline of the head.

Yes I'm terrible in this and my rig is also "low end". Will try to make smth better thou.

B.R.

Leigabar

Also, crop your image (even if you just use paint) so that the focus is on your character and not the background :)

P.S. I'd say most of us who want the "incorrect" look aren't asking for the "correct" look to be removed from the game - rather that the "incorrect" look be re-introduced as a separate item. And then some stuff about reimbursing.

Also, crop your image (even if you just use paint) so that the focus is on your character and not the background :)

P.S. I'd say most of us who want the "incorrect" look aren't asking for the "correct" look to be removed from the game - rather that the "incorrect" look be re-introduced as a separate item. And then some stuff about reimbursing.

This, the most popular suggestion on this matter seems to be the trade-in vendor. And the last official Bioware post (I think it's on page 82) mentions that they'll do their best to make all people happy.

Ofcourse, there's always the occasional "winner takes it all mentality" person around here. I always wish such people to loose, whether I'm on the same side or not.

Ofcourse, there's always the occasional "winner takes it all mentality" person around here. I always wish such people to loose, whether I'm on the same side or not.

I am almost entirely convinced that that attitude is in part due to the move to Free2Play* - the perceived lack of resources means that the idea of a compromise is out of the question: How can Bioware possibly make new warzones, flashpoints/Operations, story content, fluff content AND do bug fixes, all at the same time? They can only do bug fixes and (item I think is important because of arbitrary reasons)! Because they only have a crew of ten people to do everything.

*of course the redundancies near the beginning of 2012, after the game's release, didn't help

Why did they change them? What was the point?

They were some of the best looking chest pieces and now they look just as crap as 90% of the other armour in game...

While we're at it, lets get some new artists who can actually make some starwars looking armour/clothing.

Edited by NasherUK

I just want a refund, including the cost of ripping out the mods of the old pieces, augmenting etc. Anyone would paid real life cash via cartel coins needs and deserves a refund to their credit card. After all getting something other what you paid for is bait and switch and fraudulent. Mistakes are made, we all understand that, but if i bought something misrepresented in a store they would refund me without hesitation.

In addition, as a consumer, why on earth would I now even trust purchasing anything from the cartel market, knowing that they can and probably will change anything after purchase. Even those who don't care and are defending Bioware on this, well wait til it happens to you.

Edited by Perihelion

Why did they change them? What was the point?

They were some of the best looking chest pieces and now they look just as crap as 90% of the other armour in game...

While we're at it, lets get some new artists who can actually make some starwars looking armour/clothing.

This. Only thing I disagree with is the 90%. Its probably more like 95%. I don't think I've ever seen uglier costumes.

Just make the swapped gear come with an augment sot. This way your only loss is the augment extraction (to be done prior to swapping).

This is something I also hope they do (or find another solution at least for the augment slots).

The point I tried to make is that this is a mechanism that is not yet in game. All current: "Trade item for item" systems in TOR do not take Augments into play. Depending on how Augments were implemented in game when they were added earlier this year it can be a very hard thing to recognize the slot in the item while it is being traded and then change the trade to have that specific augment slot.

Not saying it's impossible, just saying it is more complex than "just". Often in Software development, something that is very easy and simple to define, like this, can be very hard to develop and implement because of earlier choices made in the development cycle.

I just want a refund, including the cost of ripping out the mods of the old pieces, augmenting etc.

This might be possible, but then again.. these are also merely ingame credits. I think the real issue here is real money. Which comes to your next point:

Anyone would paid real life cash via cartel coins needs and deserves a refund to their credit card.

The problem here is the following: How can you, as a consumer, prove that you spent money on Cartel Packs just for this specific item? I believe this is nearly impossible to prove and, again, you received many other items in those packs that did have their advertised worth.

This is exactly why any reparation that needs to be done, should be done on the items themselves. Giving money back is impossible because there is not a single bit of proof of what amount of money was spent for those items specifically.

Creating a situation where people can return the items to their original look seems to be the best solution for all parties involved. What will happen with augment slots and other ingame credits spent on this.. that is one thing that depends on many factors, including what is technically possible in the short time they need to fix this in, as I tried to explain above.

Edited by Devlonir