HM's = Greedy players?

I'm a Jedi Sentinel, and every hardmode group that I've joined, or attempted to join usually has at least 1 other Jedi Knight in the group.

I have no problem with competition, but I see people crying in groups all the time about rolling against other people. Personally I've never seen so much QQ about this until this game.

For example, this guy on my server was spamming looking for 1 DPS for 2 hours just so he would be the only jedi knight in the group, which is frustrating seeing how few people are doing HM's on a regular basis on my server anyways. Sorry if this is a little jumbled. I was just wondering if any other people were having the same problems?

Percentage of Getting a Loot Drop in Hardmode:

Just You:

0.25 (drop of your class) * 1.0 (# of class in group) * 1.0 (Binary attendance) = 25% Chance

Two Members of Your Class:

0.25 (drop of your class) * 0.5 (# of class in group) * 1.0 (Binary attendance) = 12.5% Chance

Three Members of Your Class:

0.25 (drop of your class) * 0.33 (# of class in group) * 1.0 (Binary attendance) = 8.25% Chance

Four Members of Your Class:

0.25 (drop of your class) * 0.25 (# of class in group) * 1.0 (Binary attendance) = 6.25% Chance

Don't Go Because You Fail at Statistics:

0.25 (drop of your class) * 0.25 (# of class in group) * 0.0 (Binary attendance) = 0% Chance

Summary

25% > 12.5% > 8.25% > 6.25% >> 0%

You should always go regardless of how many members of your class are in attendance because your chance is always greater than zero.

that's kinda dumb that you're being frozen out of groups because they don't want duplicates, they should really just shut up and play

i've run a bunch of fps with 4 SIs, it's funny, but certainly not something I'd kick someone out of the group over

now running an 8 man operation with 8 SIs is a different story

that's kinda dumb that you're being frozen out of groups because they don't want duplicates, they should really just shut up and play

i've run a bunch of fps with 4 SIs, it's funny, but certainly not something I'd kick someone out of the group over

now running an 8 man operation with 8 SIs is a different story

I never build a group with more than 2 of the same class unless its a guildy who needs a drop. As a healer I leave nothing to chance, if you can get at least 3 buffs, its worth the extra few minutes LFM.

Yeah that does suck. I do hate it when things drop and you don't have that class. I don't like running missions that I have the gear already. I got both tionesse bracer and colu hands first taral v run. Its not my first choice to run, but its so quick and easy that I don't mind to much. Getting my guild members to stop pvping to run to even get the fp gear is harder then puling teeth. "But BM gear is better." is all I get...

I never build a group with more than 2 of the same class unless its a guildy who needs a drop. As a healer I leave nothing to chance, if you can get at least 3 buffs, its worth the extra few minutes LFM.

Sorry for the double post, but I think the TC was referring to more that his problem was groups weren't letting him in because he was the 2nd knight class just so whoever the initial knight was didn't have any initial competition.

It's silly and honestly just ppl jumping on whatever bandwagon without thinking.

Saw someone spamming endlessly on fleet for an 8 man and wanting only sawbones heals. Seen a fair few groups that insist on a sawbones but can't explain why. If someone can explain the thinking behind it I would certainly appreciate the input.

Anyway this particular time - when asked why only sawbones and not say a seer sage - "she" didn't have much of a reason other that she didn't want to 'share' loot rolls. Erm if it's 8 man then logically someone has to share classes and therefore loot rolls.

Saw her just a bit later spamming asking for ranged DPS and preferably a TK sage. I loled. :p