Class Changes in 6.1 - Feedback

EricMusco

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Thank you for the feedback so far, keep it coming! A couple of changes that we are going to make based on your feedback. First, we are not going to make any of the listed Sorc / Sage changes in 6.1. These changes are part of larger changes that are coming for healers, however, as many of you pointed out it has knock on effects for DPS as well. For this reason we are going to hold those changes until a future patch when the rest of the changes are planned.

Second, we have one additional quality of life change for Marauders and Sentinels coming in 6.1:

Marauder

Carnage

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Massacre is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Massacre, not just damaging abilities).

Sentinel

Combat

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Blade Rush is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Blade Rush, not just damaging abilities).

Thanks.

-eric

A decent start. Since you are doing the quality of life improvements for carnage/combat, could you also fix "Ravage" consuming 2 stacks of furious power during berserk for carnage? Ravage takes 2 stacks and still gives a 25% damage boost during berserk for carnage.

Corruption

• Sustaining Darkness now heals for roughly 12% more

Since Eric said there are no changes to sorcerer at all, does that mean corruption doesn´t get that (tiny) buff aswell?

I wouldn´t care about this if the team could tell us WHEN we will get a buff or better tacticals.

Edited by Ahwassa

Hey folks,

Thank you for the feedback so far, keep it coming! A couple of changes that we are going to make based on your feedback. First, we are not going to make any of the listed Sorc / Sage changes in 6.1. These changes are part of larger changes that are coming for healers, however, as many of you pointed out it has knock on effects for DPS as well. For this reason we are going to hold those changes until a future patch when the rest of the changes are planned.

Second, we have one additional quality of life change for Marauders and Sentinels coming in 6.1:

Marauder

Carnage

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Massacre is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Massacre, not just damaging abilities).

Sentinel

Combat

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Blade Rush is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Blade Rush, not just damaging abilities).

Thanks.

-eric

Could it be made so that the HyperBuff can only be consumed by Gore/VT/DB

why are you guys surprised?

they demonstrated it with every single balancing-patch,

that they don't have any idea of class balancing.

does anybody really believed in their promises to do fast

and smaller balancing changes to adjust them? it was, it

is and it always will be the way, that they do such heavy

changes, to brake complete classes, because they don't

have any idea of class balancing or how the classes are

working at all.

there is also no need to test any changes on the pts,

because they will ignore any feedback, like always.

the history of balancing changes just prove it.

i was wrong. they really stopped the sorc-nerf.

so thanks bioware.

This is so funny, half these "nerfs" aren't even the problem, you're nerfing things for pvp....who cares about pvp? if you want to nerf stuff for pvp then do it ONLY FOR PVP, you'd think after 8 years you'd grasp that concept by now no? How about you just make it so sets don't work in warzones, problem solved. Or how about you make warzone specific gear/set bonuses...problem solved again. NAHHHHHHHHHH Lets just nerf classes for the minority of the playerbase

Anyways, half of these nerfs are the wrong one. So you'll nerf the wrong thing, and then in a month nerf the right thing and you'll have 3-4 classes just destroyed.

Imagine crying over the meteor set lol, it's the easiest thing to avoid, it's like an 8 meter range and Powertechs have no DCDs, just kill them before it goes off or move 8 meters away and stop being bad at the game

Bioware literally nerfs classes based off the minority of players that are just bad at pvp, nerfings concealment/deception/lightning ect isn't going to make these people suddenly be good at the game, they'll be back on here a day later crying for more nerfs.

Grats bioware, tell me again how your mmo is thriving.

Edited by Yojadi

"Update to the Gathering Force 6pc set bonus: Using Force Speed now reduces the active cooldown of Polarity Shift by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds). The duration of Polarity Shift is now increased by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds) and requires Polarity Shift to be used while Force Speed is active."

Please do not do the last part. Force Speed is just too short a buff for us regular folks to use the Polarity shift.

The first nerf is not too harsh, the second is medium, but the last one is just too much. There is a lot of pve players that just want to be able to beat that Veteran boss without dying.

I hope its cancelled, for I already spent a lot of time in getting this for my two sorcerers, one Lightning and one Madness. Yes, I got a lot of Sith, and I'm happy to hear Carnage gets some love, Marauders of all forms are my favourites.

Edited by PallyHk