Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hearts and Minds Emails

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
06.15.2019 , 01:15 AM | #1
So we got a new round of emails for completing Hearts and Minds (and also one more per faction for completing the Dantooine Quest).

I've only completed the Republic side, but from what I remember, we get:

- An email from Tau talking about her face being plastered all over the Republic Fleet.

- A message from Daerun (or Oggurrub if you deliberately messed up) talking about the speech you gave to RNN.

- A message from Bey'wan regarding the Frigate the Imperial defectors stole.

- A message from Koth thanking you if you chose to help him. I'm not sure what happens if you chose not to provide him with those ships.

What about the Empire? Does it make a difference how you treat Bey'wan when he retires?

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
06.15.2019 , 07:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
So we got a new round of emails for completing Hearts and Minds (and also one more per faction for completing the Dantooine Quest).

I've only completed the Republic side, but from what I remember, we get:

- An email from Tau talking about her face being plastered all over the Republic Fleet.

- A message from Daerun (or Oggurrub if you deliberately messed up) talking about the speech you gave to RNN.

- A message from Bey'wan regarding the Frigate the Imperial defectors stole.

- A message from Koth thanking you if you chose to help him. I'm not sure what happens if you chose not to provide him with those ships.

What about the Empire? Does it make a difference how you treat Bey'wan when he retires?
On the Imperial side I have both a saboteur and a loyalist.

The saboteur got the same message from Koth, they thanked Bey'wan for their service and got a cordial message about the transition, and Dr. Oggurobb sent a rather funny message about something they are quite concerned about but that I totally shouldn't be worried about.

My loyalist dealt with Koth in a rather final manner, so no message there, they was less than pleased with Bey'wan deciding to depart but still got a cordial message about the transition (oh Bey'wan, always the professional), and Moff Pyron sent a glowing message praising my virtues as an orator.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
06.15.2019 , 12:02 PM | #3
So Bey'wan always reacts the same way? Did you assign security to watch him or just angrily tell him to leave?

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
06.15.2019 , 01:47 PM | #4
I put security on him.

On a tangent, I love the hesitation in Lana's voice when you do. The way she's being portrayed it's almost like they're setting her up to go against a full dark side character. While she does often agree with dark side decisions, she's very pragmatic and often seems surprised by certain actions.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
06.17.2019 , 07:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
I put security on him.

On a tangent, I love the hesitation in Lana's voice when you do. The way she's being portrayed it's almost like they're setting her up to go against a full dark side character. While she does often agree with dark side decisions, she's very pragmatic and often seems surprised by certain actions.
When my one Juggette murdered Quinn on Iokath, Lana sounded genuinely shocked.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
06.27.2019 , 11:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
When my one Juggette murdered Quinn on Iokath, Lana sounded genuinely shocked.
In Quinn's case I think she was more startled, because after she realized what happens she seems completely content with the decision.

People she actually knows and maybe cares about, like Theron, being killed or left to die actually does cause her to become more unhappy, but even those she seems to be able to get over.

I think it's possible Lana might turn against a Dark Side character, but it would have to be something really bad.

Psilanthropy's Avatar


Psilanthropy
06.27.2019 , 01:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
In Quinn's case I think she was more startled, because after she realized what happens she seems completely content with the decision.

People she actually knows and maybe cares about like Theron being killed or left to die actually does cause her to become more unhappy, but even those she seems to be able to get over.

I think it's possible Lana might turn against a Dark Side character, but it would have to be something really bad.
Maybe not necessarily a dark side character, but one who goes around killing without thought for the consequences. Lana is undeniably dark sided herself, but she doesn't tend to kill off potential allies, and she obviously does have friends she cares for (as you mentioned, Shan). As much as I love Lana, I kind of want to see her go off on one of my characters. I just want to see what that would be like, because she's usually so calm and collected.