Question of the Day 5/20/2013

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which of our new Dye Modules is your favorite?

Personal Answer: The black and black dye mod is my favorite. Simple and chic.

LOL guess you saw my post before closing down 5/17's question.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=640243&page=6

Lol told you guys it was going to be dye-based. :p

But seeing that I wear lore armor - none. (which I could care less, I bought the Triumvirate armor form the GTN b/c I liked how it looked already...though the helm is STILL BROKEN). Otherwise I slapped the not-exclusive CE dye on my companions that I never use. :rolleyes:

Edited by Eillack

I would urge tomorrow's question to not be: "What colour dye have you chosen for your character's armour?". Just a thought. :)

Not a million miles off... As with the last two QotDs, lacks a bit of sensitivity given the expressed feelings of the community.

To answer the question, my favourite is White and White. That's not to say I own it, since I refuse to gamble my real life money considering I've spent since December 2011 saving credits for the things I want, and prices are still a bit too high on the GTN on my server.

I was really looking forward to the CE dyes, it was the first vendor I checked when the servers came back up. But the less said about that those better, eh?

J

I bought $40 of the dye packs and didnt get any of my favorites. Top two are black/black (for my Sith) and white/white (for my Jedi). I wasnt surprised that I didnt get either of these in my packs, but I thought I would at least be able to sell the other dyes I got to afford black/black and white/white. Instead I got a bunch of the same crappy dyes that sell for next to nothing on the GTN (only got one "purple" item which was pink/purple). I would have even settled with anything that has black primary, but they're all just too expensive.

So yeah, I was looking forward to this patch more than any other because of the armor dyes and all my gear is still the same color. Needless to say I am extremely disappointed.

I've been too obsessed with the collections system to really spend much time tracking down dyes but from the few I've looked at, I haven't found anything that significantly improves my existing look, mostly because they usually clash with a tertiary color on my outfit.

I'm sure I'll find something after I've had more time to explore it.

None. They sort of all look like a kid applied spraypaint. Meh.

Kinda agree... the colored dyes all seem way too bright, regardless of how light/medium/dark they are. I feel like I need an alpha slider or something to tone them down a little. :/

That being said, my favorite dye at the moment is the White/Deep Red that let me put a really spiffing white officer's jacket on Quinn, with the red nicely constrained to small accents like the cord and collar tabs.

This. Have you tried opening packs to get it or do you get unlimited access to dyes?

Of course they get unlimited access to dyes. They are developers, why would they want to play with the restrictions that us subscribers have?

White/light brown on my Knight's Valiant armor. Looks like the character creation screen armor.

Blue/light brown on my Agent's Hooligan uniform. Unified, it looks like something a real-world Navy officer would wear, or even something you might see a Republic officer wearing in-game (except the Imperial-style rank badge).