Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah i got to play it 6 months longer but guess what - i did pay money for it! So now getting yet another title while seeing ppl who just bought it getting cartel coins for free is just a slap in the face of those that invest money and preorder to support bioware... now please tell me - if there will be another thing to come out - why should ppl feel the urge to preorder if they know now that some day they will get it for free anyway?

Also, aside from very serious raiders, who are you expecting to buy your next digital expansion? If you're going to give it away for free, most people will just wait it out....

Yet another smart move...

Really? I would argue that anybody who enjoys end game content of any type would want the expansion. Imagine if you had been told ROTHC would be going free, would you have really stuck it out for 5 months farming EC and playing WZs in the 30-54 bracket? Paying for these mini-updates is just a ticket to access new content that comes out, and ROTHC isn't just Makeb.

And yet the people who buy it now, who could have bought it 6 months ago, will get an additional 1050 Cartel Coins for the exact same price. Either give us, the loyal subscribers who supported you months ago when you (needed) support or give us something better than a damn title.

Folks who bought an Iphone 5 when it came out just found out they can either get the same basic phone for 1/2 the price or a better phone for the same price. I've not heard one person complain they are being mistreated.

You got what you paid for. You are entitled to nothing else.

The facebook page is filled with trolls who don't even play the game anymore. They're kind of like you, in that respect. But, you still give BW your money...:rolleyes:

Theyre not the trolls...theyre just voicing their opinion but don't want to put it on here in case defenders like you scare them off :D

And you say they left the game...well i guess the trolls won because this game went free to play :) Desperate times call for desperate measures :)

Edited by Ayelinna

A TITLE? REALLY? You just slapped all of us who have been subscribers from the beginning, and who did the Early Purchase of RIse of the Hutt Cartel, in the face!

But you're giving people who buy it before it goes free to subscribers Cartel Coins?

Really bad Loyalty to your Subscribers.

..... sigh...

I honestly feel like this is a slap in the face. I'm sure I'll get flamed, but let me share my take anyway. I pre-ordered this game day 1. Been a subscriber since launch. Stood by this game at it's lowest point, when we literally had NOTHING to do but hard mode E.C. and the same 4 warzones for 6 months straight. I defended this game to everyone who was thinking about quitting. I told people that it would get better....growing pains..... stick with it....

Yet every time Bioware opens their mouth... I get proved more and more wrong. Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day 1. Screw us right? We're Bioware/SWTOR fanboys/girls. We'll spend our money on anything piece of crap they put on a plate in front of us... they don't need to take care of us.

I've withstood a lot of crap with this game because I love Star Wars and Bioware. I played an inferior MMO as far as quality of life features ( can they seriously fix the GCD skips in raids already) because I so wanted this game to succeed. In the grand scope of things.. this in a vacuum is not that big a deal. But to me, I think it's the straw that breaks the camels back...

I

Folks who bought an Iphone 5 when it came out just found out they can either get the same basic phone for 1/2 the price or a better phone for the same price. I've not heard one person complain they are being mistreated.

You got what you paid for. You are entitled to nothing else.

If you buy a phone you can expect it to go down in value over the period of around a year. When we bought that expansion we didn't expect it to be going FREE 6 months later.

Really? I would argue that anybody who enjoys end game content of any type would want the expansion. Imagine if you had been told ROTHC would be going free, would you have really stuck it out for 5 months farming EC and playing WZs in the 30-54 bracket? Paying for these mini-updates is just a ticket to access new content that comes out, and ROTHC isn't just Makeb.

Yes!!

Maybe next time they try this I should just unsub and wait until the content is free to resub. I will probably need a break from the game by then anyway.

..... sigh...

I honestly feel like this is a slap in the face. I'm sure I'll get flamed, but let me share my take anyway. I pre-ordered this game day 1. Been a subscriber since launch. Stood by this game at it's lowest point, when we literally had NOTHING to do but hard mode E.C. and the same 4 warzones for 6 months straight. I defended this game to everyone who was thinking about quitting. I told people that it would get better....growing pains..... stick with it....

Yet every time Bioware opens their mouth... I get proved more and more wrong. Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day 1. Screw us right? We're Bioware/SWTOR fanboys/girls. We'll spend our money on anything piece of crap they put on a plate in front of us... they don't need to take care of us.

I've withstood a lot of crap with this game because I love Star Wars and Bioware. I played an inferior MMO as far as quality of life features ( can they seriously fix the GCD skips in raids already) because I so wanted this game to succeed. In the grand scope of things.. this in a vacuum is not that big a deal. But to me, I think it's the straw that breaks the camels back...

I

We also got the Doctor Juvard Illip Oggurobb holostatue ACCOUNT wide.

Theyre not the trolls...theyre just voicing their opinion but don't want to put it on here in case defenders like you scare them off :D

Right, you keep telling yourself that. Also, pretty sure I'm not defending. I just think the whining is stupid. Should we subs also get the Cartel coins? Of course. But, acting like we deserve more? That is just too much.

Well, speaking only for myself, with the move away from class stories towards more repetitive and generic content (the macrobinoculars and seeker droid were okay the first time, less so every time afterwards, and I really didn't like the story on Makeb), it actually does matter to me a bit. I'm probably a lot more likely to hedge my bets and wait to get the next expansion unless people are blown away by it, because more than likely I'll be able to get it for free at some point. I don't run ops and FPs are not that big a deal to me either. Probably makes more sense to just drop down to preferred, really.

RotHC was worth $10 to me, but it also made me feel like the game was slowly turning into the generic MMO experience I played TOR to avoid. If I had had to wait a few months to get it for free it probably wouldn't have impacted me much. *shrug*

Edited by Lesaberisa

Yet every time Bioware opens their mouth... I get proved more and more wrong. Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day

Well, that's not entirely true. You (and I, and everyone else who bought RotHC) did get all the things that came with it, 6 months prior to the rest. It's not like we paid $10 for nothing.

In fairness we all knew this would happen. They don't want to split content between lv 50 and 55, this way they can make all dailys and end game content lv 55. However what did shock me was the speed and the crappy title those of us who bought rise of the Hutt cartel on release are getting.

I wonder if the next thing we will see is lv 55 for everyone, but free to play players wont be able to go to mekab so will have to grind it out doing dailys.

Oh and I can kinda see the next update "Lots of new lv 55 operations and flashpoints and daily areas, yes all the ones which are currently lv 50 will be revamped to level 55, and that's it!, welcome to game update 2.5"

Edited by Izorii

Right, you keep telling yourself that. Also, pretty sure I'm not defending. I just think the whining is stupid. Should we subs also get the Cartel coins? Of course. But, acting like we deserve more? That is just too much.

Well I think we should get cartel coins, a worthless title isn't enough for me imo, its hilarious they actually gave us a title lmao

I bought it and but I think this is great and welcome it. Nor do i expect anything in return because I happened to pay for it.

A lot of the games I used to play had this system, they launched DLC and then after a whiile It'd go free. That's just how it is so I see the purchase more as a VIP pass where you get to use it until it goes free.

Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Read More

I preorder it 5 month before the exit and i get:

3 items, a title and i have pay 8 euros.

People that buy it now will pay 8 euros and will gain 1050 CC for a value of 8 euros and a title

People after the 13 September will gain it free.

---------------

IS THIS FAIR?? Tell me that is fair, people that have preorder it pay MORE than other player, for the other player is ZERO, for US is 8 euros. This is the respect for loyal player that are here since launch? That have always preorder everything?

THIS IS RIDICUILOS

Edited by Elminster_cs

..... sigh...

I

Hot. A face slap and last straw in the same post. Thumbs-up to you, sir! You have mastered the Art of Foruming!

Edited by DarthTHC