Why not on E3?

Don_BHC

Simple question:

New DLC is announced for September... but why does EA dont show any Teaser/Trailer on the E3???

I mean seriously... SWTOR got a better future than Anthem...

And with the new SW game the whole SW gaming-community was already looking at EA on the E3...

Missed opportunity...

I don't think this game gets even much attention or exposure,when May the 4th is around and that April Celebration. Sure Jedi Fallen Order got presentation and panel...but this game they just put on hold and side.

I know there was Cantina event...but how big is that really? And they do those every now and then, next one being July 20th.

Yes game should get more exposure and press and be BW's #1 priority, but sadly it isn't so.

Of course now it is worth it to promote. Compare it now vs when game came out. You got soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much content and that is perfect for new players. Then they could do,what Guild Wars 2 had,when the were doing some promo to get old players back into game or something.

If it isn't worth it to promote now,when they got many many stories people can do, alot of different wz's and arenas, 10 or more operations, alot of fp's, uprisings, galactic starfighter....then it'll never be worth it to promote.

They should do promo for old players on website to get back into game and some new commercial or go to one of those events and promote it there for new players. I don't know which event is next. Also they should reserve (or even demand) a spot for next year at Star Wars Celebration, so they get a proper panel and make a big deal out of it.

I have my ups and downs with this game and there I times I love it and times I hate it. But I'll say, that it is a great game now and it should get more love and spotlight than it does.

This game doesn't exist in the online world.. it's like an indie MMO...

As to why it wasn't here ? Probably because EA wants to maximize the profits from their upcoming single player Star Wars game....

Thats because its not an MMO, its a single player game with multiplayer aspects. But since they are releasing mroe group content with the launch of 6.0, I can tell they are trying to turn the tides.

You need to make sure the game isn’t having performance and bug problems or all you get is reviewers ripping it apart and that’s worse for the game than actually promoting.

Imagine is SWTOR had an engine update.. jesus christ that would be amazing!!!

Imagine is SWTOR had an engine update.. jesus christ that would be amazing!!!

Then that would be Star Wars : The Old Repbulic 2 or whatever they would call it. No way they gonna change engine 8 years later and still be SW:TOR . Would it be great? Yes. Is it gonna happen? No. And then that 2nd game would again take years to get so much content as this one has now. And then in 2023 EA might lose SW game license, so SW:TOR 2 probably isn't an option at the moment .

You need to make sure the game isn’t having performance and bug problems or all you get is reviewers ripping it apart and that’s worse for the game than actually promoting.

Of course you wouldn't go promote game,when it has the most bugs and performance issues. But to BW's credit and SW: TOR this game runs pretty smooth. It's not like this game is unplayable. Sure they somehow manage to break something with new patches, but they usually deploy fix in a day .

And the "reviewers" will rip it apart no matter what. First off they wanna do it fast,so they are 1st to post it on internet. 2nd if there's any "time-gate" or whatever, they'll ***** about it, because again they can't do all content and can't be first to post their review.

3rd 97% of reviewers are trash and leeches. While it was fun for a while to hear ,how Anthem sucks, it got boring real fast. And then those no lifer "reviewrs/critics" hop on every little detail about it and mliking it to the bone. And because they trash, they do review of a review of a interview. So sad.

And what's crazy is,how much "power" trash streamers have. Just look at Apex Legends...they paid streamers ******** of money and game went through the roof in days.

Haven't played those 2 games and have no intention of doing it,just gave them as an example.

This game doesn't exist in the online world.. it's like an indie MMO...

As to why it wasn't here ? Probably because EA wants to maximize the profits from their upcoming single player Star Wars game....

Yeah but that is single player. One time purchase. Hype hype hype ,games comes out and it dies out. They not gonna put out something in next six omnths or even a year probably after it releases.

I haven't even mention best part of SW:TOR..strongholds. This game is loaded with content. What do people want in Anthem...CONTENT...what is it lacking CONTENT. Ben Irving was at EA doing 2min interview/promo for Anthem....

SW:TOR has all of those. Again game has it's ups and downs,but content wise for new players it's awsome. And it boggles my mind,how they don't get proper spot on STAR WARS CELEBRATION. The biggest event for all SW related stuff. And SW:TOR get some small cantina event in some pub or whereever they hold these events. Sure I get it,it's in name CANTINA...

Yeah but again, it is extremely expensive to get a spot at E3. It would probably cost them more than it would produce in returns. If EA or BW felt it would be beneficial to take Onslaught to E3, they would probably do it but honestly right now the game certainly seems like it is at a low point in subscribers and players in general due to the content drought having lasted so obscenely long, and it is almost a decade old so they know the audience they are targeting.

They will be able to do more targeted and therefore more effective marketing online leading up to the expansion, and I am sure many people will return to the game for that as they always have for previous expansions, while new people will join as they already seem to every day. However, we are probably going to have to come to accept the fact that this is an aging game, and probably is not the cash cow it once was, I hope I am wrong since I would love SW:TOR to go on forever and have big expansions with a lot of new story content like always as it is a very special game to me, and it probably will for a few years yet, but they are no doubt looking at what's next for this IP at this point, and if/when that is given the go ahead by EA, a huge amount of the resources will probably switch from this game to develop that game, which will probably be the next time you see SWTOR/KOTOR at E3.

Edited by Jesira

Yes the game is "old", but as a result it has alot of content. Of course Jedi Fallen Order will get alot of hype. But after game comes out, people complete it and all the buzz will die after a month or 2.

E3 is all about new and shiny. Great depth of content and expansion plans notwithstanding, the game is still DirectX 9. It would never be new and shiny enough for E3.

But SDCC is a whole different story. That’s a good time to make a push. Blur trailers are clearly expensive, but I would view the premiere of one during the cantina event as a very good sign of top level support of the game. I won’t fault them at all if there is not a trailer, but imagine if there was! If there’s enough story material in 6.0 to warrant a Blur trailer, plus all the other group content promised, 6.0 will have a lot for everyone.

Because there's simply no money in promoting a game that's almost on maintenance mode at this point. It's obvious to just about anyone who looks that the amount of content offered in SWTOR is shockingly low considering it has been out since around 2011. Even younger MMOs like ESO have more than SWTOR. This game is the red headed step child that EA would prefer swept under the rug lest their stocks take another dive. It would just be a reminder to Gamers just how ****** they are; that they didn't really stick with the game after the initial population die off beyond funneling resources into micro transactions and lootboxes. As in, probably the future model for those suckers who still play Anthem.

Besides, I don't think Disney wants SWTOR in the limelight either since it's from before they destr-... I mean acquired Star Wars and took it in a new and solely downward direction.

Edited by Lenlo

New trailer would be cool, but is it worth it? I meant more promo for what they got in game now and what you can do. Again every new game that comes out, people cry out for more content. And that takes time to make. Sure BW isn't droping out content like FF XIV does, but they don't have to. I would love it,if this game was BW's #1 priority, but it gets pushed too many times on side, because it has STAR WARS ip and that keeps people around even through dry months(more than 6) on end of no communication or content.

New trailer would be cool, but is it worth it? I meant more promo for what they got in game now and what you can do. Again every new game that comes out, people cry out for more content. And that takes time to make. Sure BW isn't droping out content like FF XIV does, but they don't have to. I would love it,if this game was BW's #1 priority, but it gets pushed too many times on side, because it has STAR WARS ip and that keeps people around even through dry months(more than 6) on end of no communication or content.

The star wars IP is why it should be number one and its also why ive been more active on the forums lately. This game needs to feel like a universe and it doesnt. They should only promote it if its getting a HUGE update and 6.0 is not going to be a huge update. Huge meaing content in all aspects of the game, new class, new speicies (more than one), more warzones, space exploration, actual use of ships and guildhsips (fly around in space), story, op, flashpoints, lots of armor, more in-depth crafting, the list goes on..

The star wars IP is why it should be number one and its also why ive been more active on the forums lately. This game needs to feel like a universe and it doesnt. They should only promote it if its getting a HUGE update and 6.0 is not going to be a huge update. Huge meaing content in all aspects of the game, new class, new speicies (more than one), more warzones, space exploration, actual use of ships and guildhsips (fly around in space), story, op, flashpoints, lots of armor, more in-depth crafting, the list goes on..

It don't work like that. You want it all and you want it now. And even if by some miracle,you'd get all that, you wouldn't be happy and same goes for the rest. New class...people would **** all over it....new wz...people would **** all over it....and whatever 6.0 will bring, people will **** all over that as well.

This is now years ago,but I remember them talking at one point,when they were designing game,that they had talk, how they should handle space thing. Should it be insta like it is now or should it take you X amount of minutes/hours to get to your destination /planet.

And honestly "flying in space" is overrated. Because there would be NOTHING to do. It would only take you time. It'll never happen in this game,but I would like if they have flying as part of combat. So you fight on ground and then can take a ship and fight in air. I could see this happen in Battlefront games, certanily not here.

Edited by Collec

It don't work like that. You want it all and you want it now. And even if by some miracle,you'd get all that, you wouldn't be happy and same goes for the rest. New class...people would **** all over it....new wz...people would **** all over it....and whatever 6.0 will bring, people will **** all over that as well.

This is now years ago,but I remember them talking at one point,when they were designing game,that they had talk, how they should handle space thing. Should it be insta like it is now or should it take you X amount of minutes/hours to get to your destination /planet.

And honestly "flying in space" is overrated. Because there would be NOTHING to do. It would only take you time. It'll never happen in this game,but I would like if they have flying as part of combat. So you fight on ground and then can take a ship and fight in air. I could see this happen in Battlefront games, certanily not here.

There is a lot you can do with space exploration but even being able to fly your ship anywhere would help with Q&L and it adds more to game. But you may be right, it may be useless.

But in your opinion, why is SWTORs sub population so low and its down to 5 servers?

SWTOR did get a "Big Promotion" when "Knights of the Fallen Empire" came out. I remember that the guy on the stage with the microphone and lights flashing as he talked about "A story about "You", your the hero of the story, blah, blah, rhetoric, rhetoric and such. That *Did lead to a surge in subscriptions but ended badly even discontinuing the story. Think of the beginning "SWTOR the WOW Killer", it didn't. This is how E.A. thinks and see's, determines their *Spending. EA Looks more at "What they wont get back for their money, not what they Could get (Spending risk Assessment). Even with SWTORs vast amount of content, very loyal customer base even the "Star Wars" logo and its well known status among the internet gamers, EA simply doesn't even consider it, not because what it has, but because what it didn't *Return. :( Edited by MikeCobalt

SWTOR did get a "Big Promotion" when "Knights of the Fallen Empire" came out. I remember that the guy on the stage with the microphone and lights flashing as he talked about "A story about "You", your the hero of the story, blah, blah, rhetoric, rhetoric and such. That *Did lead to a surge in subscriptions but ended badly even discontinuing the story. Think of the beginning "SWTOR the WOW Killer", it didn't. This is how E.A. thinks and see's, determines their *Spending. EA Looks more at "What they wont get back for their money, not what they Could get (Spending risk Assessment). Even with SWTORs vast amount of content, very loyal customer base even the "Star Wars" logo and its well known status among the internet gamers, EA simply doesn't even consider it, not because what it has, but because what it didn't *Return. :(

I remember thats why I came to the game after quitting in Spring of 2012 cause of the cinematic trailer. But I personally stayed because I felt attached to my characters. I lot of people were happy with KOTET but when 5.0 came out they lost a lot of subs. They didnt listen to the community and they only focuesed story. They punished PVPers and PVers by removing weekly passes. And they didnt add content to make the game more enjoyable, they just gave you more of the same. I think 6.0 will turn things around tho for SWTOR and hopefully will allow them to get more funding from EA

SWTOR did get a "Big Promotion" when "Knights of the Fallen Empire" came out. I remember that the guy on the stage with the microphone and lights flashing as he talked about "A story about "You", your the hero of the story, blah, blah, rhetoric, rhetoric and such. That *Did lead to a surge in subscriptions but ended badly even discontinuing the story. Think of the beginning "SWTOR the WOW Killer", it didn't. This is how E.A. thinks and see's, determines their *Spending. EA Looks more at "What they wont get back for their money, not what they Could get (Spending risk Assessment). Even with SWTORs vast amount of content, very loyal customer base even the "Star Wars" logo and its well known status among the internet gamers, EA simply doesn't even consider it, not because what it has, but because what it didn't *Return. :(

*Story about the the Valkorion family and some random planet we've never heard of