[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

AstralFire

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lastly, in an Operation, lets say you will have 10 dps, and lets say they are doing about 1000dps each ( for easy numbers, since tank dps is also included). For two seconds, that increases your raid dps from 10,000 to 10,900. Not too bad, considering you can do this every 30 seconds. Thats an extra 3,600 health the boss loses every minute. In a 10 minute fight, that is 36,000 health, very formidible if you ask me, its like having a whole extra dpser in your raid.

@Shaclad

New Assassin tank here so bear with me please. I read all of you posts in this thread and agree with most of what your saying. I just needed clarification on this one part though.

Nerve Wracking:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/4Tkyh37

The wording on the talent indicates that its a damage increase on targets "controlled" by spike or electrocute. To me that means the mob is stunned from either the 2 second spike effect or the 4 second electrocute stun. Is this correct or does the talent behave differently from the wording?

This thread has generated some fantastic discussion. Awsome job OP. This is definately an excellent begining!

Your assessment is correct, Pavement.

Humm... so am I correct in assuming that Nerve Wracking would only be dps increase on trash and NOT bosses? I just can't see them allowing us to stun bosses at that point you'd just stack assassins and rotate stuns on the boss.

The reason I'm bring this up is because I'm analyzing the talents for my build and trying to work out what will best suit me.

Thanks!

Spike isn't technically a 'stun' so I'm not really sure (Unbreakable Will does not remove the effect).

I suppose there's one way to find out!

Assuming torhead is correct it looks like a knockdown

Source:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/5HDJ5qS

I'm only level 31 so I have a ways to go before I get there!

If the damage increase on Nerve Wracking doesn't effect bosses I'm looking at one of these two builds assuming the theory crafters come up with something definative on Shroud of Darkness vs Swelling Shadows:

W/O Swelling Shadows:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMckrsk0sZZf0cM.1

With Swelling Shadows:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsrckrsk0sZZf0cM.1

If it does I'd definately make some adjustments to use it.

Edited by Pavement

amazing post! I have two builds I recommend adding to the list as well

One build I would like to recommend for the Madness PvE builds is the hybrid build with deception - 0/13/28

Basically, you sacrifice creeping terror which seems to be a low damage dot that is relatively low on the priority list and the increase to our self healing in order to get much better force regen due to adding dark embrace and darkswell as well as making our maul crit harder and shock cost less due to induction.

In other words, you sacrifice your multidotting a tad in order to have better force management as a whole.

Another build I might recommend is a deception PvP build where you ignore saber conduit and static charge - 5/31/3 with 2 points left over

Basically, I don't feel that saber conduit and static charge are worth it as a pvp talent since you're not going to get much regen from it and targets will usually be dead before you build up enough static charges for it to be worth the talent points. However, you get to reduce the cooldowns on almost every major CD you have which allows you to use them much more often in PvP.

One other thing to add is this build acknowledges that deception assassins are extremely squishy in PvP. Since you haven't put as many points into improving surging charge, you can easily use dark charge and a shield to immediately increase your survivability which is a huge advantage since you can hold off more opponents for longer than you would otherwise

Edited by Belfast

Great read, I wish the Stat priority was a bit clearer though :)

I'm running the Armor Piercing Deception build and I'm guessing stat priority is :

Willpower > Crit > Surge > Power > Everything Else?

Or is it not that simple?

Great read, I wish the Stat priority was a bit clearer though :)

I'm running the Armor Piercing Deception build and I'm guessing stat priority is :

Willpower > Crit > Surge > Power > Everything Else?

Or is it not that simple?

WP is on everything you want to wear anyway. Crit -> Power -> everything else

can someone please tell me a good spec that will pve and pvp? I cant really solo any instance, and im not talking about heroics.

I'm playing deseption, very much like the 5/33/3 and i like it a lot.

Never had problem with any pve, stealth + mindtrap is a great help when you are doing heroics solo and there is too many enemys.

In pvp i seems to do more then ok also but have not done enough of it too see how i compare against others. But ganking noobs and use force stealth when their friends come never gets old :D

But i have nothing to compare too, i have only played this deseption so maybe some other class that can do it all much better, but the play style suit me and i really enjoy playing it :)

Question about the Madness PVE build and priority. I'm not yet 50 so I have not had the chance to experiment with everything but I'm wondering if 8/2/31 will be the better build for PVE madness.

My suspicion is that the buffs to thrash and the relatively low force regen makes trying to use Maul in our rotation not worth it. I suspect that we won't have the extra force and time to work in Maul effectively making those three points very low yield to benefit ratio.

What I propose is that the extra 3% damage from electric execution in darkness tree and having a burst CD from the two points in dark embrace (force cloak then spam assassinate/thrash/shock with increased force regen) and dropping Maul from the priority list. We would then use Thrash/lacerate/assassinate when no dots need refreshing and you don't need force. I'm also under the impression that each attack from thrash can individually proc your Raze ability which is our biggest DPS boost of all (especially on fights with more than one target).

Once I have more information about the damage that our lightsaber charges do at level 50 and what the relative damage of Thrash and buffed maul will be, then I can run some math to back this idea up.

Edited by Angina