Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PILE DRIVER - Type 1 Strike Fighter Burst Damage Build

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
PILE DRIVER - Type 1 Strike Fighter Burst Damage Build

NHBabe
05.05.2019 , 11:25 AM | #21
There's been some talk about this technique and build lately so I decided to look into it further and found this old thread. I think others need to read it but also watch the short video so they understand fully that what they are calling a Hack, isn't one, it is WAI since Bio hasn't done anything to change it.

Also, I have a quick but probably stupid question. I see it in many guides, some new and some old, of different builds depending on if it is a DOM or TDM and it always confuses me. We're only able to have one build active on a ship at a time and since we have no idea which map we'll get, or even if the map will be a DOM or TDM, do people just decide to only do one build and use it for only one of those instances and ignore it if a different map comes up? Or, are you able to make changes to your ship before a match starts but once you know what map you're playing? I don't believe the latter is possible, but maybe it is and I'm just not aware on how to do it?
Please click my Referrel Link

phalczen
05.05.2019 , 01:33 PM | #22
It’s not possible to change your components once you queue up.
Many people will do two different piledriver builds, one for DOM and one for TDM, because there are two type 1 strikes: the Rycer/Starguard and the cartel market version (TZ-24 i think?).
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Drakkolich
05.05.2019 , 02:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NHBabe View Post
There's been some talk about this technique and build lately so I decided to look into it further and found this old thread. I think others need to read it but also watch the short video so they understand fully that what they are calling a Hack, isn't one, it is WAI since Bio hasn't done anything to change it.

Also, I have a quick but probably stupid question. I see it in many guides, some new and some old, of different builds depending on if it is a DOM or TDM and it always confuses me. We're only able to have one build active on a ship at a time and since we have no idea which map we'll get, or even if the map will be a DOM or TDM, do people just decide to only do one build and use it for only one of those instances and ignore it if a different map comes up? Or, are you able to make changes to your ship before a match starts but once you know what map you're playing? I don't believe the latter is possible, but maybe it is and I'm just not aware on how to do it?
You are absolutely correct you can't change builds once you're queue'd up, but with 5 ship slots it's very easy to have 2 ships for DOM, 2 ships for TDM and maybe one that's ok in both or some other kind of combination like that.

Having specialized ships for doing certain jobs is important in team games, it lets you focus on one thing and do it really well, while your teammates focus on a different thing, this makes your team more powerful then if you were both just trying to do everything. We even have certain strategies and ships we only use on certain maps, instead of just the different game modes.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

NHBabe
05.05.2019 , 04:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
It’s not possible to change your components once you queue up.
Many people will do two different piledriver builds, one for DOM and one for TDM, because there are two type 1 strikes: the Rycer/Starguard and the cartel market version (TZ-24 i think?).
Ok, that makes sense to me. I guess the ships that offer different component builds, and there isn't another duplicate ship option from the CM, they're just giving the information depending on your preference for flying that ship - I know some people prefer to fly Bombers only in DOM and not TDM, as an example.

Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
You are absolutely correct you can't change builds once you're queue'd up, but with 5 ship slots it's very easy to have 2 ships for DOM, 2 ships for TDM and maybe one that's ok in both or some other kind of combination like that.

Having specialized ships for doing certain jobs is important in team games, it lets you focus on one thing and do it really well, while your teammates focus on a different thing, this makes your team more powerful then if you were both just trying to do everything. We even have certain strategies and ships we only use on certain maps, instead of just the different game modes.
Yes, I understand that, but was more trying to understand why the first post was offering different builds depending on TDM or DOM when we can't change our ships once the match is set, as it was for the same ship. But I got it now, the CM option or just using that ship for one particular match type.
Please click my Referrel Link

Krixarcs
05.19.2019 , 07:50 AM | #25
guys this built is for real and here to stay but your King has the best record even when using a near stock type 1 star guard check out this image i have more too

305 DPS

https://i.imgur.com/tfZMbRr.jpg

Twitch
| YouTube
Premier T2 Gunship Ace
1v1 Scout Dogfighting Champion

Verain
11.15.2019 , 05:52 PM | #26
I'm bumping this thread because many players missed it and are back for the expac.

It's been addressed, but a second way to piledrive- not as dedicated as the first- is to use heavies and rapids. This has the advantage of not needing to delay any weapon swap button presses (you simply heavy swap rapid, then keep pressing swap), and the disadvantage of having a smaller effective window and less total damage.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Erurainon
11.17.2019 , 07:37 PM | #27
Updated to builds:
Changed some of the crew and tier 4 upgrades based on sensors, slicing and TDM maps.

-Audson