Quesh Difficulty Needs Examined

Caelib

So, I have done all of the content on every planet up to Quesh and I'm now level 40. The difficulty on this planet is far too strong and needs to be looked at. I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

Please look into it.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can't advance my class story because I cannot beat the elites and I have tried 5 or 6 times and used DPS companions and Healing companions and nothing will work.

The whole planet is too strong ... I'm four levels above the quest level and it's hard ... anyone at the target level is going to die every mob they fight.

I just got to Quesh and ran through a couple quests (basically just till I hit level 39 then quit for the night). Unless the rest of the planet gets significantly more difficult I would check my equipment or respec my talent tree if I were you. The planet is very easy for me so far (Sith Juggernaut).

I had the exact same problem! Here is what I did,

use Zenith and gang up on one member of the mob, once you kill one of them the other one should be easy. For the ones with 3 people just try to take down one of them and keep respawning until you get them all took me 5 tries but it worked xD

Felt the same, compared to the other planets this one is a real challange. I am currently at the same lvl as the mobs (36-37) and doing the Atiss (spelling) hanger class quest took at least 12 deaths from my companion.

Lots of planing and patience was needed to go through those 6 groups before the boss but it is doable.

Just ask someone for help if you're still stuck in the quests, I'm sure others wouldn't mind helping.

So, I have done all of the content on every planet up to Quesh and I'm now level 40. The difficulty on this planet is far too strong and needs to be looked at. I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

Please look into it.

zuauha

i did quesh at lvl 36

learn 2 play friend

Edited by psysention

Please look into it.

If you're having trouble with Quesh... you're not hitting 50. It only gets harder from Quesh on... and the only challenge I have had in the game is the final boss fight for your class quest line, and even then, it was just a matter of dying once or twice to see exactly what was going on. Sorry bro, learn your class and try again, that's all I can say, Quesh isn't hard.

Please look into it.

My main is a 38 tank BH and I did Quesh from 37-38 with no issue. I destroyed mobs without a second thought. Actually, my ONLY issue is that Blizz keeps aggroing, but that's largely because half his abilities are tanking/aggro abilities

Like others said maybe do a gear check on yourself and companions.

I'm level 31 and was having some difficulties... Did a gear check and found I had 2 friggen pieces of light armor on my tank. I don't even know how they got there, lol.

Gear seems to be a big factor in this game. Maybe hit that trade market and see if you can get some upgrades as well.

I can tell the difficulty is increasing, however I have not had any real troubles.

I CC elite, kill weakest mob, re CC elite if needed, kill next weakest, kill elite.

3 mob groups are not a challenge this way, may have to turn off companion aoe abilities, and adjust your strategies, also make sure your gear is all up to date. If you are leveling fast its easy to have mods out of date quick.

Edited by Xzulld

Could it be that the planet is harder for some classes? I don't need to L2P (as this is the general constructive comment from some) as my P is just fine. However I still felt it was a big difference in difficulty from previous planets. Those of you who felt no change and had no problem pls post what chars you have.

I also noticed the difficulty on Quesh was way up - though I would categorize it more like going from simple to average. It was tough enough so I couldn't do stuff like aggro another group mid-fight, or forget to turn off Khem's AOEs for the 6000th time, start fighting a group at 60% health or force, etc.

I had thought I just wasn't keeping Khem's gear up-to-date enough and that was why he was taking so much damage on Quesh, but upon getting to Hoth last night, it was back to easy-mode - I did get killed by an elevator shaft, though. Oh, wait, that's not a ramp!

Do the mobs on Quesh have armor-penetration or something?

So many Sith here, I assume you must be as you only deal in absolutes.

If you're struggling, the game is balanced wrong and must be fixed

If you didn't struggle, the OP sucks and must quit.

Maybe different classes struggle/win more in solo fights, or cc fights, or multiple mob/aoe type fights. Maybe gear levels are different. Maybe some classes are weaker mid game.

Or maybe people like to fire a nasty reply for quick gratification.

OP - yes it's tougher but most seem to think it's ok, check your gear and your companions, check your fighting style/rotation/abilities etc, buy a you/companion healing stim. You shouldn'tneed to group for it but it's a solution.

We're looking at this.

A few general notes on challenging fights.

One of the most important aspects of higher level fights against elites is to counter their special abilities. You are required to use your interrupting abilities (e.g. Distraction on the Imperial Agent) in these fights to prevent these enemies from gaining the upper hand. In the short term, stuns and ballistic attacks/knockback will also help, but your interrupt abilities have the added benefit of preventing the target from using their special abilities.

Make sure your companion is properly equipped and that their signature abilities are enabled. For example, if you rely on your companion to take the brunt of the beating in a fight, make sure their 'defensive stance' is activated. Turn off their area of effect abilities when you're fighting single enemies - they are not efficient for these fights. You can enable/disable abilities by opening your companion panel (~ by default) and right clicking the ability. The green indicator on an ability tells you if a companion will consider the ability for use in their AI rotation.

Do not underestimate the benefit of stims and relics as short term efforts to turn the tide. Same goes for your 20 minute 'heroic moment' ability (the one that only works with your companion and triggers the music).

This sounds obvious, but make sure that your skill points (k) are distributed and that you've trained primary your abilities to level.

Finally, if all else fails, gaining additional equipment, levels or bringing a friend along to help with a challenging fight can be used to overcome temporary blocks. However, be advised that if you run into constantly very challenging fights, it is a good indication that your equipment might need updating.

All these notes aside, we are looking at difficulty issues constantly. If we find a trend that indicate a certain fight is broken or a specific advanced class has issues, we will act accordingly. If you want to provide additional insights, such as your character's spec, your approach to combat, your companion or a particular fight you would like us to look at, please feel free to do so in this thread.

regards

Georg

We're looking at this.

A few general notes on challenging fights.

One of the most important aspects of higher level fights against elites is to counter their special abilities. You are required to use your interrupting abilities (e.g. Distraction on the Imperial Agent) in these fights to prevent these enemies from gaining the upper hand. In the short term, stuns and ballistic attacks/knockback will also help, but your interrupt abilities have the added benefit of preventing the target from using their special abilities.

Make sure your companion is properly equipped and that their signature abilities are enabled. For example, if you rely on your companion to take the brunt of the beating in a fight, make sure their 'defensive stance' is activated. Turn off their area of effect abilities when you're fighting single enemies - they are not efficient for these fights. You can enable/disable abilities by opening your companion panel (~ by default) and right clicking the ability. The green indicator on an ability tells you if a companion will consider the ability for use in their AI rotation.

Do not underestimate the benefit of stims and relics as short term efforts to turn the tide. Same goes for your 20 minute 'heroic moment' ability (the one that only works with your companion and triggers the music).

This sounds obvious, but make sure that your skill points (k) are distributed and that you've trained primary your abilities to level.

Finally, if all else fails, gaining additional equipment, levels or bringing a friend along to help with a challenging fight can be used to overcome temporary blocks. However, be advised that if you run into constantly very challenging fights, it is a good indication that your equipment might need updating.

All these notes aside, we are looking at difficulty issues constantly. If we find a trend that indicate a certain fight is broken or a specific advanced class has issues, we will act accordingly. If you want to provide additional insights, such as your character's spec, your approach to combat, your companion or a particular fight you would like us to look at, please feel free to do so in this thread.

regards

Georg

Thanks for this response. This community is always thirsty for dev knowledge.

Also since I am an MMO newb (the crowd this game is trying to attract), NOT having any written game material hurts me alot in this game.

Is it because I am a console person who is used to big Elder Scrolls guides? I guess.

Please look into it.

Planets are fine, some of the classes are under-tuned and some are over-tuned for their class quest encounters, is the only issue. So depending on your class, and which companion you use, you may have a tougher time than others.

Granted if you are good, or if you shell out some money to gear yourself and your companions, its not an issue. But if you try to steamroll through content without ever fully grasping your class you will run into brick walls sometimes.