Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSillyMonkey
08.12.2013 , 10:11 PM | #3821
Mmmmm, Commenty Comments!

Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Lesaberisa
08.12.2013 , 10:36 PM | #3822
Comments
Spoiler

Replies
Spoiler

All of these stories are Wishes

Character: Ayrs (T)
Notes: Set at the end of Taris.

Spoiler

Character: Ayrs
Notes: Set on Voss. No game spoilers. Also Affection

Spoiler

Character: Olympia (JC)
Notes; Amitia's ruthless crusade against Doc gains an ally.

Spoiler
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

alaurin
08.13.2013 , 08:33 AM | #3823
Index is up to date!

Comments:

@DarthSillyMonkey: YAY!!! A really fantastic ending full of sucker punches, laughs, tears, and kisses!!! *sigh* I'm glad you took Adwynyth's idea and had Gault be a hero....well, a hero for Gault anyways.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSillyMonkey View Post
@Alaurin: I can totally see Mako being all girly with a female hunter. And yeah, that ship never seems to get any cleaner no matter how many times you play through the opening! Can't wait to see what happens. Has the potential for many class crossover stories and I do like me some well done class crossovers!
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! Kat and Mako are going to have a few girly moments.....she may be a BH, but she is all girl! Hehe, that ship never seems to get any cleaner does it?! I kinda feel bad for 2V having to deal with that. As for the future, I will probably work with the crossovers down the road since I prefer to have the classes interweave in my stories, but I at least wanted to get the groundwork in there with this one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mrtwo View Post
This was a fantastic story. The bounty hunter ones are usually my favorite anyway, but the way you creatively crafted your story around the class stories is something I envy
Thanks! I'm really glad people are enjoying Kat. I like to work with the class stories and have them interweave. Someday I may just focus on just one class, but its just too much fun to have interweaving!

Quote: Originally Posted by marissalf View Post
@alaurin, I was hoping we’d get more Kat! Great to get a glimpse of her background. It’s no wonder she gets along well with Mako. I'll be greedy and say more shenanigans please!
Thanks and I'm glad you like Kat. I've been hesitant to write much about her since its been a while since I've played the class. Her and Mako definitely have some bonding points and have developed a nice friendship.

As for shenanigans, oh, there will be more.....there will be much more. I'll probably post some Bella and Mallay shenanigans here soon, I just want to finish up the next installment on my thread first. I'm sure there will be some Kat shenanigans as well, but I should really play her in game for a bit first.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@alaurin, I imagine the ship's droid would have a lot to answer for once an owner actually told him to clean the place up.
That poor thing is going to run itself ragged trying to clean that mess up!!! I remember first getting the ship and the droid saying something about regular bathing, then I recalled Mako's comment when they first arrive on Dormund Kaas about the spaceport smelling like spacers that haven't bathed in a month...or something like that and it made me think, Do they not teach about personal hygiene in the SWTOR galaxy?!

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
"Retreat, then." It was Vette he looked at. "We will not resolve this here. Be careful in how you do force me to resolve it."

Imperius grinned, tight-lipped. "You know me. Careful is my middle name. Or was, before the first time I got sold. It may have been changed some since then." The sage green he affected in his eyes by some trick slipped and swam through muddy color to a feral orange. "Bye."
Oh, the tension and anticipation is delicious! I loved that ending!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lesaberisa View Post
@Alaurin: Really liked your BH piece, gave off the perfect sisterly feeling between Kat and Mako. I didn't completely buy Mako (if that makes sense - she just felt a bit naive/too "soft" at times), but I really did like the camaraderie she has with the BH.
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it, but I understand about Mako. One of the reasons I've been hesitant to write about Kat was that it had been so long since I've played the BH class and my feel for the companions isn't what it should be. I guess you could chalk it up to the girls sharing similar backgrounds and having a bond as a result that makes them a little softer, more caring/affectionate towards one another, but yeah, I get what you mean.....I didn't mean for her to come across as naive though, so I will have to watch out for that in future writings. I probably won't write more on Kat until I get some time to play her a little more in game to get the feel for her companions a little better.

Oh, and poor Ayrs, he just really has some emotional demons to get through doesn't he?! I'm glad he has Elara to help him through the rough memories now. Also, the Olympia piece.....HAHAHA!!! Ole Doc is really gonna get it now!!

Lesaberisa
08.13.2013 , 08:48 AM | #3824
I feel lame for posting only a single comment but clarifying through a PM is hard since the system on here sucks

I was talking about Mako in-game, not in your story I like her personality/character, but I'm not sure I completely bought her being a part of the bounty hunting lifestyle, particularly a dark side/less pleasant BH; she seemed almost like she was deluding herself about what being a BH was ("Oh we'll just hunt down bad guys and be mean to them but not to people I don't want to be mean to). I don't know...I never really latched onto the BH storyline in general (which is part of why Amurri remains a background character).

I still liked her a lot as my hunter's sidekick, though.

Actually, so I feel less awkward I'll add a Wishes story.

Character: Mina (IA)
Notes: Set on Hoth, no game spoilers

Spoiler
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

bright_ephemera
08.13.2013 , 08:58 AM | #3825
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSillyMonkey View Post
@Bright: Ok, this has to stop. I just rolled a new Warrior for the soul purpose of getting evil Jaesa! Interesting idea, having Vette move on to an Inqui. I always wondered if she'd ever turn on you if you left the shock collar on and kept hitting her with it. I'm too much of a softie to ever find out though.
Mwahaha, my perpetual Warrior machine continues to propagate! In game Mellekor and Nalenne both have Vette's collar on, which is awful and which cuts off most of the conversation line, but which is solidly in character for both. I haven't yet finished DS Jaesa's conversations because she's crazy and obnoxious, but I try to get the gist of her.

@Lesaberisa, the two Ayrs pieces are wonderful, especially the last two lines of each. And Operation: Malpractice continues apace, I see As for Mako, I agree, she's bizarrely soft-hearted to be choosing a line of work that consists solely of kidnapping and murdering people for money. Maybe she'll make more sense as I keep playing, but from where I sit she's really an odd one out.

Now, Communication Breakdown for Ananz, following on the previous two Ilum pieces. 400 words, spoilers for the Ilum planetary questline.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Mrtwo
08.13.2013 , 09:20 AM | #3826
Prompt: (Un)invited Guests
It would be good if you read it after this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=3806
Words: 1,980
Warnings: Semi-graphic violence, family death, emotional stress
Spoilers: None.
Hope you like it!

Spoiler

Notes (read after the story)
Spoiler

frauzet
08.13.2013 , 01:15 PM | #3827
Ohohohoh, a few days away, and way behind with comments.
Read everything, liked everything, will be commenting not on everything because this will take me longer than writing a story

Some comments:
Spoiler

And thank you for the kind comments on my last story.
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

frauzet
08.13.2013 , 01:28 PM | #3828
Prompt - Wishes
Class - Jedi Consular (Arkeo)
Words - About 440
Spoilers - minor spoiler for end of prologue
Set before prologue
Spoiler
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

Adwynyth
08.13.2013 , 02:38 PM | #3829
Replies/comments:
Spoiler
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Adwynyth
08.13.2013 , 03:02 PM | #3830
Prompt: Discovery and Uninvited Guests
Characters: Fethea, Kaliyo, Watcher Two, and Fixer Twelve
Spoilers: Minor Dark Temple missions (Dromund Kaas)
Timeline: early Balmorra-ish (no Balmorra spoilers)

Spoiler

NOTE:
Spoiler
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress