Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Magdalane
02.27.2013 , 02:22 PM | #2801
Please, post some of your work. I know we'd all love to include you and your fiction here
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Vesaniae
02.27.2013 , 02:25 PM | #2802
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I love this thread. I often visit and read your work. We really appreciate the support you give and the contribution you make to the community.

I ask you, as a fan fiction author myself, to please keep it going!
Eee, thanks!
There's always lightning.

Tatile
02.27.2013 , 02:31 PM | #2803
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Please, post some of your work. I know we'd all love to include you and your fiction here
That'd be awesome.

CourtneyWoods
02.27.2013 , 02:43 PM | #2804 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
I wish I could! Unfortunately, since I am an employee I can't. But I will continue to read your work and respond when I can!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

iamthehoyden
02.27.2013 , 03:26 PM | #2805
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
I wish I could! Unfortunately, since I am an employee I can't. But I will continue to read your work and respond when I can!
Good to see you around. I figured we were just hanging out unsupervised in the corner entertaining ourselves

Bright - Vierce!!! And god, Elara is just awesome Gutsy indeed.

Ves - Another SW, and a sweetheart by the looks of it. Poor thing Seriously though, very cute.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

YoshiRaphElan
02.27.2013 , 04:08 PM | #2806
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Will catch up and comment in a bit.

Enemies gave me a chance to finish writing a long-abandoned passage. I was going to delay this 'til I had written through Vierce's Alderaan and Balmorra but it just isn't flowing. This comes after the long-ago Worlds Colliding scene on Balmorra. It takes place toward the end of Balmorra, after some fragile friendly functioning but before he really notices her. (It occurs very shortly after the Nar Shaddaa resupply run during which the Cross Faction AU splits off.) No game spoilers. 2100 words.

There's a paragraph of overlapping material (just recapping that he submits some paperwork before bed) between the old scene and this one.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Dorne is the gutsiest woman. Ever.

Magdalane
02.27.2013 , 04:27 PM | #2807
I very much enjoyed both Vierce and Tessa's stories. Vierce's inner battle is wonderfully written. And, Broan's descriptions of seeing sunlight were amazing!

It's so good to be back!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
02.27.2013 , 04:33 PM | #2808
I avoided the ultraviolence and coercion for now. Oh, and BH spoilers. And...that really cuts down on the latest reading material. But, welcome to the thread, meanken!

@EverSteam, on your earlier Leer piece...poor Torian. But I guess if anybody can take a wild wounded creature like that it's him.

@Ves, a fantastic art opportunity for A'tro: bracing against the whole of a Tatooine sandstorm.

@kabe, I sort of wanted to slap Scourge for even starting to talk about Remi. But it all worked out in the end

@Selentar, loved the early imagery of Xareen'alay's call to Xania. I love Xania's dismissive attitude, too: “Well, it had to come from somewhere. Parents, the environment, the suns of Tatooine. It does not matter. All that matters is that I have it...”

ahaha, @Miriah...I shouldn't laugh at you. But, hon, you really need to sleep. (And Mags, I'm delighted to see you back!)

@Tatile, your sunrise short was exquisite. That's entirely too short a descriptor but I think it about sums it up. Loved the colors, Broan's thoughts, all of it. I see I didn't respond to your earlier Turning Point story. This is probably because I was speechless. I'd like to identify what I so much loved about it because specific praise is good, but just...every time you show us the inside of Broan's head the perspective is wonderful, and Talan makes a wonderful foil to Ashari, and the images of that grimy lonely place, and the last line, all just came together perfectly.

@Ves (again), the contrast between Vette's impression and Tessa's had me in stitches. “Uh, did I miss some kind of cause for happiness back there?” Also, IA = instant hook for me, it seems.

@Ms. Woods, the very thought that some actual BW representative reads this tempts me to go back and replace all text with some kind of legal disclaimer/apology for abusing the IP so horribly. But, thanks for the kind words!

As for Vierce!verse, Elara Dorne is the kind to work out what's right and do it. Within established channels if possible. If it isn't she'll find better established channels. She's just absolutely, fearlessly principled. And yes I'm a tremendous Dorne fangirl. Come on, Vierce, catch up with me here.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

bright_ephemera
02.27.2013 , 08:21 PM | #2809
Another scene I wrote first and prompt-fit after. It's sort of relevant to NotLP: Communication Breakdown. Vierce!verse, no plot spoilers because yay, personal drama can stand independent of plot at times! (Oh, wait, scraps of spoiler for the existence of the Trooper's Balmorra quest and one Republic Balmorra quest.) 600 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

iamthehoyden
02.27.2013 , 08:36 PM | #2810
Awkward Vierce is adorable. Yes, I know he's glaring at me right now, but he is...adorable
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box