Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1 Million Damage Screenshot, 1100+ dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1 Million Damage Screenshot, 1100+ dps

Leafy_Bug
10.21.2012 , 03:40 AM | #41
Hey OP,

Congratulations on those numbers. Smash spec, yogi bear spec, whatever spec, pulling those numbers is not an easy feat. You need a whole load of parameters in your favour and you had them

Lafay
10.21.2012 , 07:07 AM | #42
Grats man! you are not OP, you're just good . It is OP when you can do this on a often, until then, SMASH SOME JEDI SCUM.

MystbladeWA
10.21.2012 , 07:18 AM | #43
I'd still like to know where the chestpeice is from as a previous poster asked. I have a similar one for my Jug (but with the hood down) and have not come across a medium armour version.

And yea, nice numbers. It doesnt happen very often so what the hell, brag about it when it does

-Holmes
10.21.2012 , 07:26 AM | #44
So which one was your pocket healer?
What's star wars?

Aluvi
10.21.2012 , 10:28 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Hey OP,

Congratulations on those numbers. Smash spec, yogi bear spec, whatever spec, pulling those numbers is not an easy feat. You need a whole load of parameters in your favour and you had them
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
Grats man! you are not OP, you're just good . It is OP when you can do this on a often, until then, SMASH SOME JEDI SCUM.
Sup Lafayette! And ty both. Yes, the stars have to basically align for this type of thing to happen. What's funny is, I could post any of my numerous 1100+ dps screenshots where I only got 500-700k, but the game ended too quickly to get 1 mill, and it wouldn't matter, but that 1 mill is a big deal.

Quote: Originally Posted by MystbladeWA View Post
I'd still like to know where the chestpeice is from as a previous poster asked. I have a similar one for my Jug (but with the hood down) and have not come across a medium armour version.

And yea, nice numbers. It doesnt happen very often so what the hell, brag about it when it does
This has to be the most asked question I get. It's called Xenotech Weaponmasters Chestpiece and it's from either SM KP, from Karagga, or SM Lost Island, last boss. Good luck with drops!

Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
So which one was your pocket healer?
The only player that did any healing on our team heh. His toon's name got changed to random letters when we transferred from Corellian Run a while back, and it bugged out so now hes stuck with it, even after having a ticket in for like a month. Wneovcrpqxtlts, originally Anubis, and much more commonly known on his main (this was his alt), the operative healer Ravinder. One of the best healers on our server on either side, easily top 5 hands down.
Aluvien Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands

rob_y
10.21.2012 , 11:41 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
The only player that did any healing on our team heh. His toon's name got changed to random letters when we transferred from Corellian Run a while back, and it bugged out so now hes stuck with it, even after having a ticket in for like a month. Wneovcrpqxtlts, originally Anubis, and much more commonly known on his main (this was his alt), the operative healer Ravinder. One of the best healers on our server on either side, easily top 5 hands down.
It's amazing that you could put up such numbers (and not just big overall, but big as a percent of everyone's damage, which helps show that it wasn't just because no one ever died), AND win easily and yet people still find things to complain about.

The dude who said it was less impressive because you "only" have 54 kills doesn't seem to know how the scoreboard works. Since you had a such a high percent of your team's damage, and since kills (especially in Voidstar) is somewhat a team stat, of course your damage to kill ratio will be high.

I'll assume you were smart about objectives, since that's hard to judge from a scoreboard besides seeing that your team won, so anyone who says otherwise is guessing.

And as for Smash spec being so easy - sure, it's a lot easier than it was and it does too much damage, but if it was so easy to play at a high level, you'd see more people breaking one million. I've still only ever personally witnessed one person break a million and it was a powertech in an extended Novare (pre-1.4).
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Ewgal
10.21.2012 , 11:53 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
Thanks =). And they had 3 heals, 2 sages and one trooper. Most of the time they were smart enough not to hug each other while I smashed them. There were a few good 30k+ smashes though.
ANd maybe this why Smash needs to be toned down? A Sniper (other pure dps class) can't do that so why should you?
May the farce be with you

KEKHAN
10.21.2012 , 01:56 PM | #48
Before everyone goes crying for nerfs remember that most Rage Marauders even on a good game hardly break 300k damage, I use smash on my Marauder who is only 50 damage less than the OP and i have NEVER achieved over 500k damage.

Even with a smash crit of 7k try thinking about how many of those it would take to reach 1mil....

Cial
10.21.2012 , 03:08 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by KEKHAN View Post
Before everyone goes crying for nerfs remember that most Rage Marauders even on a good game hardly break 300k damage, I use smash on my Marauder who is only 50 damage less than the OP and i have NEVER achieved over 500k damage.

Even with a smash crit of 7k try thinking about how many of those it would take to reach 1mil....
Damage is directly correlated with the amount of healing on the opposing team. In this case, the guy did 1mill damage because the other team had 4+ healers. Had he actually been killing people, his damage would have been a lot lower and his kill count being a lot higher.

His kill count was only 54 (who knows how many killing blows) which is abysmal for how much damage he did. If anything, this shows the healers on the other team did a good job of healing through his pad-aoe and denying him KBs.

Fact is, damage numbers are meaningless without kills to back them up. Actually killing people is all that matters: and in this case most of his damage was healed through by the other team.
Cialy - Mara
Cial - Sorc
The Bastion

Savej
10.21.2012 , 03:17 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewgal View Post
ANd maybe this why Smash needs to be toned down? A Sniper (other pure dps class) can't do that so why should you?
Someone has to be able to hit the hardest, pop the biggest numbers, etc.. That, in and of itself, does not make that class OP'd. Snipers have lots of CC that the rage marauder doesn't.