Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Makes the Operative So Much Fun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
What Makes the Operative So Much Fun?

tatatan
11.29.2012 , 04:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by z-monty View Post
^ This.
Aside from the story, which I assume you know all about being a Sniper and all, Operatives just require a lot more thought during a fight. They are fast-paced and always need you to be on your toes. This causes people to label them broken, or needing buffs, or whatever, but the fact is they are great. They are an actual challenge to play,...
I'm sorry, which class you talk about? Lethality is simply broken Tree and there is not much great about it in PVP.
I'm tired that someone says 'Operative' and everyone thinks Concealment. NO. Lethality is not bad in PVE, but in PVP is bad so much that it is broken.
And i dont want to hear again (like i did many times) "Lethality is fun, i played it a week and enjoyed it..." (than i went back to concealment, heals or rolled lolsmasher). Such 'experts can just only stay siletnt.

Quote:
. Huttball is a playground for us at times. Give the Operative a try and you'll see what all the fuss is about, we always love more members in our exclusive club.
Actually for Lethality is Huttball one of the worst arenas - dots keep you in fight, you're kicked off the ledger, you slime back .... Novarre coast even worse ... you respawn, you slime back..... but not fast enough and enemy capture the node.
For me as Lethality only playable arenas is arenas, where i dont have to run far ... Voidstar or Alderaan.

So if you say Ops is great, be pls specific Lethality is broken in PvP due to many reasons, which i'm tired to speak of again.

Katsuragisama
11.29.2012 , 04:22 AM | #12
I enjoy the sound of stealth popping off, and the sound of my knife going into someones back... I love the knife sound...

But to requote this:

Quote:
1. It's very fast-paced. When in a fight, you can't stand still, period.
2. You get to pick and choose your fights (unless someone sees you in stealth).
3. You're numbers will never be as high as say, a sniper, in PvP but you can have a huge impact on a fight.
1. It's fun to always out maneuver your opponent. Strafing around back and forth, shiving people, and moving behind them and stabbing them in the back, the lacerate. It's just so much fun. The people that dont counter your movement allowing you to get a backstab/hidden strike off is hilarious. It's kind of funny watching them sit still and die.

2. I enjoy stealth classes for this reason, in both PvE and PvP. It's nice being able to stealth past the trash mobs and get to where you're going. I hate being out in the open, some lolsmasher (or 3) is bound to charge you. It's fun playing hiding "Hide and go Seek...and Stab!" in the middle of PvP. Where am I? Why, I'm behind you.

3. In synergy with number 2, stealth gives you a chance to pick off the more important targets, and get the drop on your opponent. In PvE, it's nice being able to Sleep Dart the elite, destroy the trash, Explosive Probe the elite and hit 'em with backstab. PvP I strafe around the main body of the enemy, and hit the healer from behind. Or if there is an ally fighting off in a corner, it's nice to pop out of stealth and help them defeat an enemy, and disappearing again.

That, and with many years of playing the Tenchu series, sneaking around and killing people is a playstyle I enjoy and love.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Rhinzual
11.29.2012 , 04:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsuragisama View Post
I enjoy the sound of stealth popping off, and the sound of my knife going into someones back... I love the knife sound...

But to requote this:

1. It's fun to always out maneuver your opponent. Strafing around back and forth, shiving people, and moving behind them and stabbing them in the back, the lacerate. It's just so much fun. The people that dont counter your movement allowing you to get a backstab/hidden strike off is hilarious. It's kind of funny watching them sit still and die.

2. I enjoy stealth classes for this reason, in both PvE and PvP. It's nice being able to stealth past the trash mobs and get to where you're going. I hate being out in the open, some lolsmasher (or 3) is bound to charge you. It's fun playing hiding "Hide and go Seek...and Stab!" in the middle of PvP. Where am I? Why, I'm behind you.

3. In synergy with number 2, stealth gives you a chance to pick off the more important targets, and get the drop on your opponent. In PvE, it's nice being able to Sleep Dart the elite, destroy the trash, Explosive Probe the elite and hit 'em with backstab. PvP I strafe around the main body of the enemy, and hit the healer from behind. Or if there is an ally fighting off in a corner, it's nice to pop out of stealth and help them defeat an enemy, and disappearing again.

That, and with many years of playing the Tenchu series, sneaking around and killing people is a playstyle I enjoy and love.
I'm a huge fan of the first game, but I only ever played that one. Only a couple classes can actually get any meaningful amounts of stealth detection, and the powers like the probe BHs get is just a warning sign to avoid that spot for a bit. The ability to pick and choose your targets in both PvE and PvP cannot be underestimated, my Sniper struggles whenever he accidentally aggros two groups at once, something an Operative/Scoundrel wouldn't need to worry about.

Wainamoinen
11.30.2012 , 04:15 AM | #14
It's almost as good as being a Scoundrel.
Hasa'diga Eewokai
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

SankPKer
11.30.2012 , 07:10 AM | #15
I love this class so much I leveled an operative at launch and facerolled all my opponents till R70.
What did I do when I got bored? I leveled a scoundrel on the other side and redone it all along.

They were exclusively 3/31/7 specced, i never tried healing or lethality. This class is dope, even today.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SankPKer
Sankh - Agent Secret 50
Sank - Malfrat 50
Kelven - Maraudeur 50