Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FFS, STOP SPAMMING KUAT DRIVES on GF

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FFS, STOP SPAMMING KUAT DRIVES on GF

KendraP
10.26.2020 , 05:03 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
You still don't seem to get it. I want random flashpoints except for HS (because of the type of people farming it). Unticking doesn't give me the random reward. However I never leave harder flashpoints, and if I encounter a newbie there, I will teach them the mechanics, let them have their chance of learning it even when it takes several wipes, because that's how people learn. That's how I learned. I'm not going to settle for less rewards (by unticking HS) when I'm ready, willing and able to spend even an hour in something more difficult.
I do get that you want to do things not hammer station, which is fine, and actually I would say good. I also get you want the reward for doing random.

Thats the thing though, the reward is for people who are willing to do whatever pops, be it hammer station 50 times in a row or not. If you're not willing to do something that can pop, you shouldn't get the reward.

Quote:
What comes to ruining other people's experiences, by leaving HS I am not ruining anyone's experience: they get to use a companion, they benefit from it. That's a fact that even you can't deny. So there is absolutely no need trying to chew me out for something that is allowed in the game. It may be discouraged with the lockout penalty, but it's certainly allowed. Hence your crusade against me feels like harassment, whether you intended it or not. You are trying to make it look like an Issue, which it is not. I'm always happy when someone drops a group they don't want to be a part of, so I can pull a companion. If we need four players for the mechanics, we q for a replacement and the "Issue" is resolved within 15-30 seconds.
By your logic, you should also benefit from hammer runs being dominant because you get the random reward for doing an easy FP frequently.

If I wanted to run with a companion, I wouldn't have queued for gf in the first place. I dont need a group to complete vet HS (heck, when I farm personally. I don't use gf, I use solo or duo stealth reaper).

I have no crusade against you, personally. I have an issue with rude behavior in gf generally, whether its raging on other people or insta dropping.

And to reiterate (and drive home the point to BW) I agree HS pops too frequently. It's a problem of game design, not player queuing, however.

DeannaVoyager
10.27.2020 , 09:19 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I do get that you want to do things not hammer station, which is fine, and actually I would say good. I also get you want the reward for doing random.

Thats the thing though, the reward is for people who are willing to do whatever pops, be it hammer station 50 times in a row or not. If you're not willing to do something that can pop, you shouldn't get the reward.
And I'm not getting the reward when I leave HS, as it should be. However I'm not going settle for less rewards when I want to do random fps. HS popping 50 times in row is not random.

Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
By your logic, you should also benefit from hammer runs being dominant because you get the random reward for doing an easy FP frequently.

If I wanted to run with a companion, I wouldn't have queued for gf in the first place. I dont need a group to complete vet HS (heck, when I farm personally. I don't use gf, I use solo or duo stealth reaper).

I have no crusade against you, personally. I have an issue with rude behavior in gf generally, whether its raging on other people or insta dropping.

And to reiterate (and drive home the point to BW) I agree HS pops too frequently. It's a problem of game design, not player queuing, however.
The game is not only about getting rewards or other benefits. I also want it to be fun, and HS 50 times in a row is not fun. In fact I can't even think of anything that would be a good enough in-game reward for running 50x HS. I might do it for some real money, but even that would have to be a lot, like something with 6-7 digits.

I was okay to do KP farm for a couple of weekends pretty much non stop. There was a goal that I knew I could reach, and then it would be over. It was also my choice to do it, no-one else made that decision for me. With HS in group finder there is no goal and no end to it. It will continue until BW does something about it, and I don't see that happening.

As long as that is the case, people will keep dropping groups they don't want to be in, and they have every right to do so.
My referral link, if anyone wants: http://www.swtor.com/r/mknnK6