[PvP] Energy/Cell burst and Energy Lodes? Help me with them...

Glower

(Advanced prototype/Tactics spec)

I have a strange problem - very often I can not increase my number of charges (Energy Lodes) even if my Rail Shot does not miss.

For example, I can often unload my Rail Shots one by one and still have one charge. Heck, in one arena I unloaded 6-7 Rail Shots into one target with one active charge, i think it was a sorc. :D

The description says that "Energy Lodes build when Rail Shot is used" so it's should be pretty simple, right? So what am I doing wrong? :confused:

Edited by Glower

• You build Heat Screen/ Energy Lode stacks in Tank spec by shielding attacks.

• You build stacks of Energy/Cell Burst by using Rail Shot in dps AP / Tactics.

If you're in Pyro / Plasma, that spec doesn't revolve around Rail Shot so much.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I want to add that in tank spec you also build stacks whenever your cylinder procs. So you build 1 stack whenever you use rocket punch or railshot, and have a chance to build a stack every time you autoattack.

I forgot to add that I'm playing with Advanced prototype/Tactics. :o

Oh okay.. Are you sure you're not building stacks? Sometimes the glowy animation at 4 stacks is buggy and isn't visible. And you should still be building stacks regardless of Gut / Retractable Blade being applied to the target.

Can you tell me if you build 4 stacks when you use your class ability for rest & recharge? You should see the glowy on Cell Burst/ Energy Burst.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Oh okay.. Are you sure you're not building stacks? Sometimes the glowy animation at 4 stacks is buggy and isn't visible. And you should still be building stacks regardless of Gut / Retractable Blade being applied to the target.

Can you tell me if you build 4 stacks when you use your class ability for rest & recharge? You should see the glowy on Cell Burst/ Energy Burst.

Ye it works correctly while my char is resting (x4) and overall it works most of the time, im not sure why i cannot built them from time to time. Also im looking at small buff icon (1 2 3 4) but not on toolbar.

Maybe i cannot build them when my Rail Shot is completely absorbed? I can not find another reason, unless it's bugged for me... I need to check it somehow. :sy_blaster:

Edited by Glower

For example, I can often unload my Rail Shots one by one and still have one charge. Heck, in one arena I unloaded 6-7 Rail Shots into one target with one active charge, i think it was a sorc. :D

From this sentence it kinda looks like you're confusing railshot with shoulder canon. I might be wrong, but the wording "unlaod my rail shots one by one" kinda sounds more like shoulder canon. That would explain, since it's a confusion of ability names...

From this sentence it kinda looks like you're confusing railshot with shoulder canon. I might be wrong, but the wording "unlaod my rail shots one by one" kinda sounds more like shoulder canon. That would explain, since it's a confusion of ability names...

Nah man, im not so dumb. :o

A couple of seconds between Rail Shots is not a big pause... for me at least. So yeah, "one by one".

Nah man, im not so dumb. :o

A couple of seconds between Rail Shots is not a big pause... for me at least. So yeah, "one by one".

It was a wild guess lol. Well I have never heard of the issue. Is it still happening? Maybe upload a combat log? Kinda hard to help you without it

Ye it works correctly while my char is resting (x4) and overall it works most of the time, im not sure why i cannot built them from time to time. Also im looking at small buff icon (1 2 3 4) but not on toolbar.

Maybe i cannot build them when my Rail Shot is completely absorbed? I can not find another reason, unless it's bugged for me... I need to check it somehow. :sy_blaster:

Are you missing some rail shots? If you feel you miss too often, you can run an accuracy stim for 104% accuracy (including 1% comp buff).