Why can't I leave Ord Mantell?

Blazer

I went to the shuttle and clicked on it and I get this message "You can not use this right now". What's up with that? Why can't I leave? I'm stuck here forever ??

Does your class quest currently say, "Travel to Coruscant" or "Travel to the Republic Fleet"? Unless it says that, yeah, you're stuck on Ord Mantell until you complete your class quest. Should be around level 10

I've taken my level 1 character up to the fleet to use the cargo hold before. So quests or levels shouldn't matter.

They've changed it since then. You now have to get to a certain point in your class missions before you can leave your starter planet.

I've taken my level 1 character up to the fleet to use the cargo hold before. So quests or levels shouldn't matter.

Quests do indeed matter. You shouldn't have been able to go to the fleet on a level one...trust me, you need to complete your planet's class quest. That'll do it.

They've changed it since then. You now have to get to a certain point in your class missions before you can leave your starter planet.

What ??

When did they change it?

Why did they change it?

They changed it before the game went live.

No, you could do it after it went live, I did it with 2 or 3 characters. THey changed it some time around mid January I think.

They did it because you could go to fleet and get all codex entries for crew skills and get to level 4 or so. Then you could also travel to a few other places to get discovery xp, you oculd be level 8 and then return to your starter world and breeze past all the starter quests.

I only ever did it with the crew skill codex entries, got me to lvl 4 or 5 right away, made the starter planet very easy and fast. You could run past many mobs and not aggro them if you were not too close compared to if you were a couple levels lower.

Ah *shrug* I was under the impression it changed in the final beta phase but then I never tried given that I never understood why anyone would need to go gain a bunch of levels before doing the start world, they are ridiculously easy.