Time to nerf Deception assassin's dps or everyone will play only assassin

omaan

As it was stated here https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971121

And here https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971148

And here https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970466

And from my personal experience doing 8.7 k dps per second with 70k crits i can definitely confirm that deception assassin needs dps nerf.

With tactical items like double force cloak or life warden and unfair opportunity for stealth classes to swap different tactical items with using vanish and getting out of combat (which other classes can't do since they can't so easily go out of combat) deception assassin's are not so squishy and easy targets as they were before. Yet now with super set bonuses which makes their dps insane, assassin's dps is 3x more compared to other classes. More overall dps, bigger single crits, more control abilities, taunts and guard makes other classes irrelevant and useless in pvp and pve.

Making deception assassin's so strong was a huge mistakes which already resulted in everyone playing this class.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't. I don't PvP and I don't play Assassin. 😀

Lucky you not to pvp. But if you do pve and you play other class be ready that ur RL will prefer to take assassin over you :D

Edited by omaan

Lucky you not to pvp. But if you do pve and you play other class be ready that ur RL will prefer to take assassin over you :D

But calls to nerf for PVP always always always nerfs PvE as well which totally does not take the considerations and wants of PvE-only players into account whatsoever.

We're like 2 weeks in. Give it time and people will find all kinds of other broken stuff to compete.

And it's entirely possible that assassins are perfectly fine but the OP is butthurt because someone who plays an assassin knows his rotation inside and out and owned him.

Edited by xordevoreaux

And it's entirely possible that assassins are perfectly fine but the OP is butthurt because someone who plays an assassin knows his rotation inside and out and owned him.

Knowing the history of the OP this is plausible.

I don't know about PVP cause I haven't dabbled much in there yet since 6.0, but for PVE deception is not over performing right now. Still early days of optimizing but there are 7 specs with a higher top parse than deception right now.

I have noticed some classes are terribly OP. In particular assassins, operatives and marauders. They are dominating PvP atm. The damage becomes unhealable. Operatives is more the insane mobility added to the fact the game can't keep track of them and flickers them across the map all the time. Happens a lot with assassins as well. If that was fixed maybe it wouldn't be such a problem. But big damage with invincibility moments really spoils the broth. Edited by Nemmar

I have noticed some classes are terribly OP. In particular assassins, operatives and marauders. They are dominating PvP atm. The damage becomes unhealable.

Possible, as I don't PvP to know, but how many times do people crawl out of the woodwork to post on the forums that class so-and-so is overpowered when in fact they simply encountered a far more skilled player?

I have noticed some classes are terribly OP. In particular assassins, operatives and marauders. They are dominating PvP atm. The damage becomes unhealable. Operatives is more the insane mobility added to the fact the game can't keep track of them and flickers them across the map all the time. Happens a lot with assassins as well. If that was fixed maybe it wouldn't be such a problem. But big damage with invincibility moments really spoils the broth.

But this speaks DIRECTLY to the issue of how nerfing for PvP-related reasons can have the unintended consequence of hurting PvE.

I don't doubt in the slightest that the flickering you describe occurs. But this is not a problem in PvE. The invincibility moments you describe are amplified by faulty game design / engine issues, not class design.

Dasty

P.S. Omaan, welcome back! Last week you were quitting. Glad you decided to stay / take only a brief hiatus. :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

I have four top 3 characters and 11 gold characters from seasons 9-11. Skill is not an issue here since in swtor i play only ranked. I made my conclusion basing on what i encountered while playing full geared operative and marauder by watching how sins in my and enemy team performing AND by playing dec sin myself. The difference is huge... while other burst classes doing 33-48 crits (except snipers who can do 60k) assassin's with maul which is an instant ability doing 60-70 k. Skilled Marauders, opers and mercs doing 5-6 k dps while sins doing 7-8k dps.

No sense to play anything else than sin atm

but this speaks directly to the issue of how nerfing for pvp-related reasons can have the unintended consequence of hurting pve.

I don't doubt in the slightest that the flickering you describe occurs. But this is not a problem in pve. The invincibility moments you describe are amplified by faulty game design / engine issues, not class design.

Dasty

p.s. Omaan, welcome back! Last week you were quitting. Glad you decided to stay / take only a brief hiatus. :rak_03:

+10 :D And half the time when it hurts pve , then we get from certain pvp players oh well deal with it.

Edited by casirabit

But this speaks DIRECTLY to the issue of how nerfing for PvP-related reasons can have the unintended consequence of hurting PvE.

How many times have we asked for a separation in the stat foundation between PvE and PvP?

If EQ2 can do it, why can't SWTOR?

EQ2 does it by using PVP servers. Why can't rules applied to a server be applied to a ranked arena in SWTOR?

Here's what PVP does in EQ2:

Many items, spells, combat arts, etc. have separate stats when used in PvP combat. This is to make up for the fact that players have less HP than NPCs.

Threat abilities tend to force enemies to be targetless (detaunts), lock their targets to the taunter, or do nothing. Other than taunting targeting is unrestricted in PVP.

Melee range is increased and rear/flank-requiring attacks (such as many Scout attacks) will work with either flank or rear positioning.

Control abilities (Snare, Root, Stun, Fear, Charm, Stifle, Mez, and Daze) cause immunity to that type of ability for twice the duration of the effect.

Ability ranges are more lenient and will work after the initial cast as long as the target stays within 2x the range of the ability. Spells are less likely to be interrupted in PVP.

Stealthy/invisible characters can be seen by opposing characters within 20m. Going into stealth, turning invisible or feigning death during combat makes opponents targeting you lose their target.

Healing or buffing characters fighting PVP battles will include you in their battle.

Players respawn in different areas of zones depending on their alignment.

Walking backwards is slightly slower than walking forwards on PVP servers.

Heroic Opportunities are unusable in PVP combat currently.

Groups or raids engaged in PVP battle cannot be joined, left or kicked from until the battles are over.

Rogue classes are unable to Pick Pocket other players. Predators can receive bounties from killing blue-or-better players.

Honorable Kills: Any kill of the opposing alignment that was engaged while the target had greater then 50% health. All players that generate at least one point of hate with the victim while the victim’s health is above the honorable kill threshold will be eligible to receive rewards, including experience, status, faction, and the ability to loot item or coin dropped by the other player.

Neutral Kills: Any kill of the opposing alignment that was engaged while the target had greater then 20% health. Neutral kills result in moderate faction gain.

Dishonorable Kills: Any kill of the opposing alignment that was first engaged while the target had less than 20% health. Dishonorable kills result in a loss of faction with both your alignment and the opposing city’s. Losing enough faction will cause you to fall out of favor with your alignment, and will restrict or remove any access to the rewards system.

Note: Dishonorable/Neutral status will be removed if the victim’s health goes above the specified thresholds during the course of the fight.

The Kill List: Honorably killing another player will place them on a list tied to your character, designed to reduce friend farming and griefing. Any Honorable subsequent kill of the same player will result in a Neutral kill until you have killed 20 other players.

Players will be removed from your list of recent kills after 30 minutes of real time.

Players will be removed from you list of recents if you kill more than 20 players in a first in first out order.

Mentoring or un-mentoring another player takes 30 seconds, and players cannot engage in PVP (or defend themselves) while mentoring.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Enough with the nerfs for sins, they have been nerfed into oblivion these past few years.

How about MM snipers and operatives?

Mercs with their 3 lives + Life Warden tactical now?

We had enough of games where 1 team had 4-5 mara's or 3-4 snipers that could rekt the oposite team without problems.

We're like 2 weeks in. Give it time and people will find all kinds of other broken stuff to compete.

Yeah I am wondering what other broken combinations and features have been added that people did not find yet? Once everyone is geared in BiS I assume we will see more broken and out of whack performance issues.

But calls to nerf for PVP always always always nerfs PvE as well which totally does not take the considerations and wants of PvE-only players into account whatsoever.

Luckily, a lot of the PVP OP-ness can now be nerfed via set bonus and tactical items that a PVE player probably won't wear.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I have noticed some classes are terribly OP. In particular assassins, operatives and marauders. They are dominating PvP atm. The damage becomes unhealable. Operatives is more the insane mobility added to the fact the game can't keep track of them and flickers them across the map all the time. Happens a lot with assassins as well. If that was fixed maybe it wouldn't be such a problem. But big damage with invincibility moments really spoils the broth.

I have noticed that as well. More so the Sin & Mara. They can go in an wreck a node in PvP with barely taking damage. 4vs1 is easy if the sin/mara knows what they're doing & have the right tact/amps/set.

Now give it a few weeks and others get all that stuff in their other toons & it might balance out.

I have noticed that as well. More so the Sin & Mara. They can go in an wreck a node in PvP with barely taking damage. 4vs1 is easy if the sin/mara knows what they're doing & have the right tact/amps/set.

Now give it a few weeks and others get all that stuff in their other toons & it might balance out.

This seems like a bit of an overstatement. If anyone 4v1s then it isn't the class, it's the low skill of the opponents. No class is outdamaging others by 4 times and livinig through 4 people damaging them.

I have four top 3 characters and 11 gold characters from seasons 9-11. Skill is not an issue here since in swtor i play only ranked. I made my conclusion basing on what i encountered while playing full geared operative and marauder by watching how sins in my and enemy team performing AND by playing dec sin myself. The difference is huge... while other burst classes doing 33-48 crits (except snipers who can do 60k) assassin's with maul which is an instant ability doing 60-70 k. Skilled Marauders, opers and mercs doing 5-6 k dps while sins doing 7-8k dps.

No sense to play anything else than sin atm

Those ppl arent skilled at all. I did 11k dps on anni mara in arena in 274 gear. Did 72k ambush in 272 gear, did 8-9 up to 11k on deception assassin in arena and today pulled close to 9k dps on Fury mara without any set bonus.

I saw an operative in AH doing 20k dps. So your whole thread is more like L2P issue.

"If I cant beat them, lets make a thread to nerf 'em".

:D

This seems like a bit of an overstatement. If anyone 4v1s then it isn't the class, it's the low skill of the opponents. No class is outdamaging others by 4 times and livinig through 4 people damaging them.

Not considering that the 3-4 vs the 1 where basically fresh 75's aka low iLvl gear compared to a geared 306.

I didn't claim to be the best, as I was on my weak dps sage when I was running that one, but as I glanced at all our iLvls as the match was ending, I think the highest iLvl in our group was a 280+ but when I did a quick scan of what I could of the enemies, they were all 300+ so not it's not an overstatement.

Like I said give it a few weeks & it will level out.

The ones wrecking ppl & being OP right now are just the players who have no RL & have run hundreds of HS or stealth RR & then spent millions on their tacts/amps w set bonus so they can be the best & then claim gearing was easy. :rolleyes::D

As it was stated here https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971121

And here https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971148

And here https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970466

And from my personal experience doing 8.7 k dps per second with 70k crits i can definitely confirm that deception assassin needs dps nerf.

With tactical items like double force cloak or life warden and unfair opportunity for stealth classes to swap different tactical items with using vanish and getting out of combat (which other classes can't do since they can't so easily go out of combat) deception assassin's are not so squishy and easy targets as they were before. Yet now with super set bonuses which makes their dps insane, assassin's dps is 3x more compared to other classes. More overall dps, bigger single crits, more control abilities, taunts and guard makes other classes irrelevant and useless in pvp and pve.

Making deception assassin's so strong was a huge mistakes which already resulted in everyone playing this class.

I agree here. Just check it - https://imgur.com/a/weZr6Vj

Sin top dps, sin has 21k protection, sin 300k healing (from what lol?From swaping damn tactical items ofcourse). This is a joke..one class can guard, cc, taunt, survive and do top dps.... time to go playing sin

nm... how did i end up in the pvp forums...

Looks like the thread got moved. Not sure why. Seems like there were plenty of PvE people replying about how it would affect PvE... and a general nerf thread is not really a "pvp only" thing. So weird.