5.9.2 changes make Tank even better than infiltration dps for PvP?

Kirtastropohe

When it comes to PvP, the changes over past year haven't been kind to infiltration shadows/deception assassins, not just the actual nerfs we've suffered, but the buffs to other classes. While shadows can still objective well, we are a not nearly as effective combat wise as we were. Given the changes to make shield and absorb be relevant in PvP in 5.9.2, my concern is that infiltration will be even more ineffective and tank will have to be the way to go. Sure, tank geared more tank like will do even less damage than even a gimped infiltration, but the survivability should be much greater which would make it more effective, at least that's what I'm thinking.

Am I off base with this? Does anyone think tank wouldn't be the way to go in 5.9.2?

Edited by Kirtastropohe

For what? The best mitigation tank always was guardian with the best utilities. As a node guarder for sin tank this changes makes him to live slightly more, but conc OP is much better since 3.0 roll-kek/roll-kek and without DPS gear ur DMG will be gimped af. Deception is not gimped, they are still good openers and pretty strong in 4 DPS vs 4 DPS yolos ques, but in therms of potencial burst or derp - yes they are pretty weak, not so good for regs. Edited by helpmewin