Star Wars books

RTCBrad

The Thrawn Trilogy takes place 5 years after ROTJ and is an amazing read. It reads like the OT films. I would definitely recommend getting those.

Actually it's nine years, according to the wiki.

And, strictly speaking the Bounty hunter wars trilogy takes place during the events of RotJ (and in the past) - Spoiler: Boba Fett survives the Sarlacc, but you also get to root for him :).

Truce at Bakura starts literally as the celebration over the 2nd Death Star destruction is winding down. That being said, I would HIGHLY recommend reading the Thrawn Trilogy first. It was the first novels to be published with GL's consent and blessing and a VERY good read.

then go back and read Truce at Bakura and Courtship of Princess Leia and then read the X-Wing series. And then take the rest in chronological order.

no... it's 9 years ABY (after the battle of Yavin) which means 9 after A New Hope... and Return of the Jedi takes place 4 years after the battle of Yavin... so the Thrawn series does, in fact, take place 5 years after ROtJ

I have read/listened to everything from Courtship to Ascension

All worth it

I've read everything as well.

The Joiner/Killik/Bug series... was totally not worth it, as were a few others. Overall they're enjoyable though.

And, strictly speaking the Bounty hunter wars trilogy takes place during the events of RotJ (and in the past) - Spoiler: Boba Fett survives the Sarlacc, but you also get to root for him :).

Truce at Bakura starts literally as the celebration over the 2nd Death Star destruction is winding down. That being said, I would HIGHLY recommend reading the Thrawn Trilogy first. It was the first novels to be published with GL's consent and blessing and a VERY good read.

then go back and read Truce at Bakura and Courtship of Princess Leia and then read the X-Wing series. And then take the rest in chronological order.

9 years after ANH, 5 after ROTJ. The OT had a 4 year span.

Anyway, Forget Truce and go Thrawn. And then just follow the timeline.

My favorites

Shatterpoint

Thrawn

ROTS Novelization

I, Jedi

I've read everything as well.

The Joiner/Killik/Bug series... was totally not worth it, as were a few others. Overall they're enjoyable though.

I love Saba and the Killik Trilogy had some good runs with her. It was a silly story, but had some important build up for Caedus

9 years after ANH, 5 after ROTJ. The OT had a 4 year span.

Anyway, Forget Truce and go Thrawn. And then just follow the timeline.

My favorites

Shatterpoint

Thrawn

ROTS Novelization

I, Jedi

I sort of agree with forgoing Truce and Courtship, but since the X-wing series starts before Thrawn, at least read Thrawn then go back and read X-Wing and then go in chronological order :D

I love Saba and the Killik Trilogy had some good runs with her. It was a silly story, but had some important build up for Caedus

Don't get me wrong, I love Saba as well. Reading about her hissing at each and every response always brings a smile to my face.

But I wanted to stab my eyes out after finishing each one of the Killik Trilogy novels.

Now Caedus, Caedus was awesome.

OP, overall I'd go chronological order, even if that means you won't hit some of the big ones (such as the Thrawn series) for a while. It'll help line up everything properly that way.

I want to say nearly all the books are $5.99 on Amazon for the Kindle, instant download and instant satisfaction, all without the pain of visiting bookstores and tripping over the teenagers sitting in the sci fi aisle reading their manga comics.

*Grumble, grumble* Dang kids!

Edited by realID