If there is a SWTOR movie in the future...

Slowpokeking

Which part of the story are you going to pick as the plot(with some minor changes possibly), and how are you going to pick the cast. I know it's Legend now, just try to see some ideas.

Some cast I've picked before

Satele Shan-Audrey Tautou

Darth Malgus-Vin Diesel

Darth Marr-Viggo Mortensen

Darth Jadus-Ralph Fiennes

Hunter-Jesse Eisenberg

Darth Zash-Naomi Watts

Darth Thanaton-George Clooney

Darth Baras-Jack Nicholson

Revan-Christian Bale

Lana Beniko-Melanie Laurent

Theron Shan-Chris Pratt

Senya Tirall-Lena Headey

Vitiate-Doug Bradley

Arcann/Thexan-Tom Hardy

Vaylin-Eva Green

Which part of the story are you going to pick as the plot(with some minor changes possibly), and how are you going to pick the cast. I know it's Legend now, just try to see some ideas.

Darth Malgus-Vin Diesel

Hunter-Jesse Eisenberg

Darth Zash-Naomi Watts

Revan-Christian Bale

Theron Shan-Chris Pratt

Senya Tirall-Lena Headey

Vitiate-Doug Bradley

Arcann/Thexan-Tom Hardy

Vaylin-Eva Green

vin diesel? as a sith lord? let's just be glad you can't produce or direct this movie lol

Most of the class stories involve too many sudden scene and story changes to make for a good movie, even if we stick with just one act. Imagine a movie based on Act 1 of the Imperial Agent, for example. You'd do a story on Hutta, then transition to DK where the crux of the story kicks off. Then you'd have to do Nar Shaddaa, Balmorra, Tat, and Alderaan before reaching the climax. Episode 7 only had 3 major planets, and even then the middle one with the cantina wasn't fully utilized.

With so many mini-stories, you'd likely be better off making a SWTOR television show than a movie, at least with class stories.

A decent enough movie could be made from the Hutt Cartel story, though I'm not sure it would be all that interesting.

It would be hard, but you could *possibly* do a trilogy of movies around Revan Reborn. First movie would be a cinematic retelling of Taral V/Maelstrom/Boarding Party/Foundry, the second movie being Forged Alliances, and the third movie being Shadow of Revan. The hardest part would be turning those 4 flashpoints into a good enough movie to get greenlit for 2 sequels. If you don't do that, though, Revan doesn't get introduced to the audience and the SoR story isn't interesting because we have no connection to this character.

KOTFE might make for a good movie (in a way, isn't that what it is already?) but I'll wait until all chapters are released.

Darth Malgus-Vin Diesel

Hunter-Jesse Eisenberg

Darth Zash-Naomi Watts

Revan-Christian Bale

Theron Shan-Chris Pratt

Senya Tirall-Lena Headey

Vitiate-Doug Bradley

Arcann/Thexan-Tom Hardy

Vaylin-Eva Green

For some of these I'd actually cast their VA;

- Lord Scourge would be played by Joe Gatt as the character will need cosmetics and probably prosthetics to look like a Pureblood so I'd rather then go with his original VA.

- Same would apply for Darth Marr who's fully covered in a mask and armor so I'd prefer his original VA to be the actor for that role.

- And for Baras too though they might have to shove several mattresses under his costume to fluff him up.

The story is.. incredibly hard to pick out. I'd probably end up doing a selective blend of the JK and SW story as there are some parallels between the two that could work out quite nicely. Start them out on their respective separate paths within the Republic/Empire and slowly bring them together heading into SoR content.

if Michelle Yeoh was a bit younger I would cast her as Satele Shan . She is an amazing actress . Actually , nvm her age :p I would cast her regardless !!

Vin diesel huh ? any bald guy would do with tons of make up lol I pick Bruce willis :p

Never saw Marr face , so I can't say .

same with Jadus .

I pick Kristanna Loken for Zash .

kevin bacon as Thanathon

I agree for Baras XD

Tsk not fair for revan , that guy actually make him Look better !

Milla Jovovich as Lana? yes plez :D

Ohh Lena Headey is so gorgeous . But she doesn't fit a Senya . Meg foster would have had the look , alas she aged Alot . But she wouldve been perfect...Them eyes :D In her stead I put Lucy lawless (aka Xena) , she is tall , she is exellent..and would fill the role of a Knight perfectly . :D

Lana Beniko - Christiana Lokke ( Beowulf)

Theron Shan - Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice)

Vitiate/Valkorion - Mark Harmon ( NCIS)

Darth Marr - Dan Payne ( Stargate Atlantis)

Satele Shan - Lucy Lawless ( Xena the Warrior Princess)

Senya - either Claudia Black ( Farscape ,Stargate SG1) or Amanda Tapping ( Sanctuary ,Supernatural)

Talos Drellik - Seam Murray ( NCIS)

Shae VIzla - Diane Neal ( NCIS)

Torian Cadera - Alexander Ludwig ( Vikings)

this seems like too much work.

How about we get all the models from the latest Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, equip half of them with lightsabers and half with assault cannons and let them duke it out in bikinis.

He looks like Samuel L. Jackson but he is Mace Windu, so maybe Jamie Foxx for the role.

Jamie Foxx? Marr is a big intimidating guy with a gravelly voice. I think someone like Idris Elba would be a better fit.

I would have liked to see Darth Baras played by Brian Blessed (He did claim to be the Emperor's Voice after all ;)) but I think he's done with acting now. And yeah, can't think of anyone off-hand, but someone better than Vin Diesel for Malgus - maybe Laurence Fishburne? The rest of them seem pretty suitable for the role, especially Eva Green for Vaylin.

Edited by CrazyCT

Jamie Foxx? Marr is a big intimidating guy with a gravelly voice. I think someone like Idris Elba would be a better fit.

We wont see his face in the movie. Even as a force ghost ,he is wearing his armor and helmet in KOTFE. He could be played by everyone (a huge WWE wrestler) and voiced by another like Darth Vader in the old movies.

Edited by iankalo

We wont see his face in the movie. Even as a force ghost ,he is wearing his armor and helmet in KOTFE. He could be played by everyone (a huge WWE wrestler) and voiced by another like Darth Vader in the old movies.

Nah, they'd have do a whole unmasking scene, just like both Vader and Kylo Ren before.

This is just for fun anyway . From a game to a movie , it rarely goes well . If I had to choose , and there must be a movie based on either Kotor 1 , 2 or swtor..I say do it like resident evil . In 3D . Then you can bring back the real voice actors , and you don't get to say 'Urgh why did they pick X for this role?!?! No way ! he doesnt look like him at all!!' ..or ''Oh man ..he nailed him but that voice..eeeek......doesn't match ''.

this seems like too much work.

How about we get all the models from the latest Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, equip half of them with lightsabers and half with assault cannons and let them duke it out in bikinis.

I am on board with this

I would have liked to see Darth Baras played by Brian Blessed (He did claim to be the Emperor's Voice after all ;)) but I think he's done with acting now. And yeah, can't think of anyone off-hand, but someone better than Vin Diesel for Malgus - maybe Laurence Fishburne? The rest of them seem pretty suitable for the role, especially Eva Green for Vaylin.

Idris Elba is good, but I want to see him play Mandalore the Vindicated.

I'd think a story set during the Great Galactic War would work better as a movie than a story based on the actual game stories would. Flesh out everything going on between the three original CGI trailers, and include stuff like the Battle of Bothouwi (so?) the Mandalorian Blockade and the Smugglers breaking it, etc. Edited by DarthDymond

well my own personal bias aside, I believe that the light side inquisitor class story is probably the easiest to adapt... at least story and character wise as a sympathetic protagonist with family friendly motivations

of attempting to navigate sith politics in effort to create a base of power to be able to protect the citizens of the empire from not only the republic hypocrites but from the whims of the crazier selfish sith who quite frankly need to be put down like the rabid dogs they behave like. .

anyway as each of the 3 chapters tell a contained coherent journey that could be be a clear start middle and end of a film.

that said it would likely be best as a trilogy with the first film covering the prologue through the end of chapter 1. the second film could be the primarily story of chapter 2 ending on a cliffhanger that film 3 can conclude along with the illum planet missions. _speaking of illum that would be a perfect place to introduce the other three classes who will be in roles of aiding in various ways as her strike team to defeat Malgus while also presenting potential spin offs for their own films.

casting would be interesting...

hmm considering Disney's previous films one can hypothesise that in attempt to maximise not only merchandise and film revenue but to make the star wars films more diverse I imagine Kallig would be written as female.

they would probably cast a young woman to cover the pace of about 2-3 years of story beginning with Lord/Lady Kallig as a young teen when she arrives at Korriban leaving dromund kass at about 16 and ascending to the council as Darth Imperius all before turning 20.

so to cover this I imagine an actress in her very late teens early 20's... for simplicity's sake (along with makeup budgeting in mind) I suggest making her a human. that said any ideas?

Khem could be a mixture of prosthetics and digital effects...though he will be harder to deal with then Xalex who can be all makeup effects.

while Andronikos is easy enough as hollywood is full of rougish charmers though he would likely be aged down from the source where he is 35 to mid 20's or eliminate the romantic angle completely and make them Platonic BFFS..

Ashara won't be an issue as Togrutas have been in films before and Talos being human makes it super easy!

Edited by MelodyofLegends