6 wins 63+ losses (mini rant followed by suggestions)

reiyushin

I'm 6 wins 63 losses in 2days....this game is grueling at 50.

Here's the reason: You've placed Barcelona (premades in best gear) vs Stockbottom kindergaten team 3 (fresh dings in pugs) and the result is predictable.

The gear gap is only widening as the pugs cannot gear up on 2-4 medals a game so like me and my friends we unsubscribe due to frustration.

Nows the point where we get the "good riddance, kthxbai, QQmoar" but the failing to keep the casual playerbase entertained and subbed means that the game will die.

Suggestions:

1. Premades fight premades as much as possible - the most fun games are the competitive ones

2. Deserter - just like wow you cannot join a WZ for X minutes because you left early (doesn't count on DCs)

3. Completion medal: a medal for sticking the game out being farmed on at 5-0 down.

4. Damage spec only medals: simple enough, I can't heal or protect so why the hell am I limted to so few medals (base them around CC, snares or whatever but only for pure DD specs)

There's plenty of other issues with bugs and class imbalances but these are some simple things that would make my life (and I'm guessing a hell of a lot of other peoples too) easier.

Edited by reiyushin

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So out of 70 games, you have no gear, no comms, no bags so you cant compete. If you would save your comms and buy the gear like you should. You would not still be unable to do anything. Even if your Daily didnt count your 6 wins as 3 to get a bag, you'd still have 1000 merc/wz comms to get 5 bags and almost another bag. 75 cent comms and 35 champ will buy you some gear.

Also coming in 1.2 is the pre-season of our Warzone ranking system, bringing better matchmaking which means better PvP. In the future expect a ton more PvP news as we expand and polish what has proven to be one of the most popular aspects of The Old Republic. We’ve got big plans.

Taken right from the weekly Q and A

I have my boots, got enough comms for 1 or two pieces more gear, my point is its extrememly limited and disheartening to play like this.

I've had 10 great matches so far and they've been very enjoyable.

Edited by reiyushin

If you are losing that much, and playing with your friends, gear is not your issue. Warzones are more about coordination than anything else, and if you are queuing with 2-3 other people you should be able to pull out at least a 50/50 record.

As a fresh 50 myself, 2 suggestions:

1) join a premade or guild

2) if you just lost 60 matches, you have enough for several bags... go buy something

Yup ,looking for a guild on my server.

As for the losses they have given me some bags and I've gotten some gear.

I like this idea.

Here are some ideas for more medals:

- Your death count is higher than your kill count

- You threw the huttball to the wrong team

- You used your interrupt after they finished the cast

- You grabbed the stationary heal at 90% HP

- You grabbed the warzone damage buff and did 0 damage with it

- You casted a heal for less than 500

- You hit for less than 500

- You were within 10m of an enemy capping a Voidstar or Civil War objective and they were successful

- You did not buff any teammates

- You stood still for more than 5 minutes for the entire game length

- You died during an Operative knockdown

- You used the keyword "nerf" in chat

- etc

I like this idea.

Here are some ideas for more medals:

- Your death count is higher than your kill count

- You threw the huttball to the wrong team

- You used your interrupt after they finished the cast

- You grabbed the stationary heal at 90% HP

- You grabbed the warzone damage buff and did 0 damage with it

- You casted a heal for less than 500

- You hit for less than 500

- You were within 10m of an enemy capping a Voidstar or Civil War objective and they were successful

- You did not buff any teammates

- You stood still for more than 5 minutes for the entire game length

- You died during an Operative knockdown

- You used the keyword "nerf" in chat

- etc

Oh yes, I like those. Think of them all by yourself?

This is majorly a learn to play thing unless you faced the same premade/10 v 6 bug that has been happening. Dps class have the abilty to get like 2-3 healing medals a game if your smart about it. Even still 8 people shouldn't get steam rolled for 70 games in a row. Also look on the bright side my first 10 champ bags had nothing in them and I mainly faced battlemasters at the time. So even if you go 70 loses and get let's say 5 bags from that you'll still have more gear then I had from 10 bags when first starting

Really, I don't get the "OMGOMGOMG PVP GEAR ADVANTAGE" QQing. I was a fresh 50 once and never had trouble with "gear gaps". Just buy some purples from gtm or shove epic mods from dailies into oranges. The expertise thingy is a nice bonus, but it doesn't win fights for you.

I am now tryign to do daily pvp(3 wins).... right now it passed 3 hrs and only 1 wz won...^^ 90% of them first heal done, 90% of them less than 6 medals...(usually around 4)^^

we all love to be a pure healers in SWtor..... guess time to unsub cause after all whats the point all of this?

PS.aaaa now I won after 3 hrs..and quest didnt updated... ^^ gz BW for the biggest fail mmo ever made...

Edited by LordCrow

Really, I don't get the "OMGOMGOMG PVP GEAR ADVANTAGE" QQing. I was a fresh 50 once and never had trouble with "gear gaps". Just buy some purples from gtm or shove epic mods from dailies into oranges. The expertise thingy is a nice bonus, but it doesn't win fights for you.

If your gear is decent now then it's likely you didn't face the gear gaps we're describing.

ofc it do... even blind one button pusher in BM gear can kill easly anyone in poor gear.

Here's the reason: You've placed Barcelona (premades in best gear) vs Stockbottom kindergaten team 3 (fresh dings in pugs) and the result is predictable.

The gear gap is only widening as the pugs cannot gear up on 2-4 medals a game so like me and my friends we unsubscribe due to frustration.

Nows the point where we get the "good riddance, kthxbai, QQmoar" but the failing to keep the casual playerbase entertained and subbed means that the game will die.

Suggestions:

1. Premades fight premades as much as possible - the most fun games are the competitive ones

2. Deserter - just like wow you cannot join a WZ for X minutes because you left early (doesn't count on DCs)

3. Completion medal: a medal for sticking the game out being farmed on at 5-0 down.

4. Damage spec only medals: simple enough, I can't heal or protect so why the hell am I limted to so few medals (base them around CC, snares or whatever but only for pure DD specs)

There's plenty of other issues with bugs and class imbalances but these are some simple things that would make my life (and I'm guessing a hell of a lot of other peoples too) easier.

6 wins 63 losses in 2days....this game is grueling

2days

It took you 2 days to gear up a character to the point where they honestly should be competitive or nearly so in PvP. Think of the people in Battlemaster gear as having completed all of the Nightmare mode ops. If you can get to their gear level in 2 days (or anyone can) that certainly diminishes their accomplishments.

Sorry if they don't just hand you a full set of battlemaster gear when you ding 50. Stop crying and get back to EARNING the gear. If you played 70+ matches all the way through and got your commendations/valor you should be well on your way to being competitive. Yes, players who have the best gear already are going to have an advantage. And yes, if you can't be more patient than 2 freakin days you may as well quit. But don't pretend like the system is the problem. YOU are the problem.

If your gear is decent now then it's likely you didn't face the gear gaps we're describing.

Just got my 7th champ piece today.

I've played with no pvp gear vs people with full bm and never QQ'd about gear advantage.

Please, continue, this thread is amusing.

This is how all MMO games work in PvP rewards, and SWTOR is not an exception. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Fully BM geared premades wining 99.9% games with 10+ medals each don't need commendations at all, while the new ones 50 lvl getting farmed on graveyard, in desperately needs of commendation, get 3-4 times less per match, with their 4 medals at best and 5% chance to win overall :)

So out of 70 games, you have no gear, no comms, no bags so you cant compete. If you would save your comms and buy the gear like you should. You would not still be unable to do anything. Even if your Daily didnt count your 6 wins as 3 to get a bag, you'd still have 1000 merc/wz comms to get 5 bags and almost another bag. 75 cent comms and 35 champ will buy you some gear.

You are missing his point. Sure he gets a small amount of consolation gear, but think about how many total bags the opposite faction got satisfying all their dailies and weeklies.

Although the OP is doing a little QQ on the fact he isnt' getting gear, the main point is the gear gap between the factions is widening!!

your people must be on some ****ed up servers all the pvpers i know are leveling alts and the people not as fast as us are gearing up and by the time we get back were gonna be in the same boat you were in but the diff is were not gonna ***** about it were gonna do our grind win our matches gear up and in a week be working on BM gear. moral of the story is dont ***** gears already easy enough to get. really whats the problem here beyond peoples inablility to do something easy to change the situation their in there is no gear gap its easy easy easy to gear up pvp even if you lose its easy to get medals if your only getting 2-4 every match the fault is in you. go look up how medals are gotten figure out how your class achieves this and then gear up.